Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End OOC :: We're off!  (Read 43074 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End OOC/pregame [0/6]
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2014, 11:42:34 pm »

Oh, and hey. Nerjin's racist dwarf archer is going to be the plain-jane straightman for this party.

That's... Sad. I think... Does that mean I'm in or did I get my hopes up for nothing?
Not sure we have six characters yet.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2014, 11:45:27 pm »

Which one's Oso again? Was that the doompixie?

Naw, that was just Doompixie.

Oso is the human warlock who rolled a nat 20 on a disguise check to make himself look like a goblin(looking exactly like a tallish goblin). Later, he broke a glass floor that was holding divine power inside magma, while he stood on it, and subsequently launched himself out of the room filled with rising magma using giant dirt hands. He met his end when the party sent him to jail after accidentally being forced to rescue what was basically the party ranger from an abyss(he caused the incident you see), ran ahead of the group and met a half-dragon, and cast confusion from a wand...and (I) forgot it was an AoE effect, causing the party paladin(and a good 4-5 enemies) to get confused, in spite of said paladin's saves and spell resistance.

Oh, yes, and he rammed a Half-Dragon Whale with a submarine made of Ice.

Basically he's: Osoero, Eldritch Action Hero

Take a look at the Craft skills, Tawarochir, and look up the Landlord feat. *evil laughter*
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2014, 11:47:28 pm »

Also: if I wanted to build, perhaps, a murderhobo shack, what skill would I use? If and when I brew up a wagonload of those buffing potions, I'm going to need a hideout from where to do so.
Survival, Craft (Carpentry or Stonemasonry), or Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) should all allow it, in roughly ascending order of not-shittiness.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2014, 11:49:14 pm »

Uhhh...

I don't think survival can be used to build things of that nature...

Then again, I'm not entirely sure what he means by murderhobo shack. If it's a tent made of the people he's killed, Survival is probably the perfect skill.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2014, 11:51:11 pm »

Hooray, I was hoping for Architecture Knowledge! "Murderhobo shack" is a term I use to refer to any sort of adventurer's (murderhobo's) hideout, home, or respite.

Wait... hey! Anyone willing to chip in for a wagon? We could have an ADVENTURE CARAVAN, what with my horse.

Also, if you make a warlock, I highly doubt the Sage will approve of his activities. Be warned.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2014, 11:53:25 pm »

Hooray, I was hoping for Architecture Knowledge! "Murderhobo shack" is a term I use to refer to any sort of adventurer's (murderhobo's) hideout, home, or respite.

Wait... hey! Anyone willing to chip in for a wagon? We could have an ADVENTURE CARAVAN, what with my horse.

Also, if you make a warlock, I highly doubt the Sage will approve of his activities. Be warned.

That's like half the point. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2014, 12:00:33 am »

The Sorcerer Sage has arrived! A pointy-eared being dedicated to the ruthless protection of nature. Now you will know why you fear the night.

Be careful, he isn't old-- he prefers the term experienced!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2014, 12:02:10 am »

This LG cleric isn't too pleased either.
Yes. I will be played a psuedopaladin. Who is anti-evil, and especially anti-evil dragons.
*Glances at the kobold*

Flying Dice: Vow of Poverty is banned, correct?
Edit: Also, how would you feel about making cantrips like how Pathfinder does it; they don't do away when you use them.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:05:03 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2014, 12:07:52 am »

I'm willing to be a wagon, but I hardly have money for basic equipment when it's all large-sized :P.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 25, 2014, 12:12:00 am »

So, uhhh, FD, my biggest concern about Warlocks was actually the limited number of Invocations they know, rather than the Eldritch Blast features.

Would it be alright if I took a homebrew feat?
That was only one of the changes I mentioned. However, I'm going to reword the other a bit to make more sense.

Now, the ordinary progression for invocations is 1st/6th/11th/16th. Chance all instances of or to and for those levels. So for 11th level a warlock would gain one least, one lesser, and one greater invocation, as opposed to a single invocation from those categories. Add one additional step at 20th level which grants 1x Dark, 1x Greater, and 1x Lesser invocation. Unless you'd prefer that feat.

Oh, and hey. Nerjin's racist dwarf archer is going to be the plain-jane straightman for this party.

That's... Sad. I think... Does that mean I'm in or did I get my hopes up for nothing?
Not sure we have six characters yet.
Not as such. I was speaking hypothetically, of course, but I think it might make for interesting interactions if RPed well.

@Tawa: What Harbinger said.

@Nerjin: As far as wizard buffs go, they're relatively minor. Mostly because this is starting at level 1, so Linear Warriors/Quadratic Wizards is in full effect. That, and the house rules are pretty much all dedicated to making Big Dumb Fighters martial characters more effective. So I gave arcane casters a relatively minor flexibility buff, as well as a bonus feat for wizards which a) makes sense in the setting and b) is pretty much a feat tax to not suck early anyways.

@Immaterial: Yes.

Enjoy your warlocking. Pewpewpewmagiclasers.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 25, 2014, 12:13:33 am »

@Immaterial: Yes.
I'm assuming you're referring to VoP, and missed my question on 0th level spells.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 25, 2014, 12:16:11 am »

That works just fine!

Means I don't have to take a feat. Though I still won't have much at level 1...oh well, I guess. I can Blast people, still, at least.

So basically, in addition to the (approximate) 1 invocation learned every two levels, every 5 levels after 1st(and 20th level) I gain a bunch of invocations?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 25, 2014, 12:26:34 am »

Yes. Unless you decide to play a clawlock or a glaivelock, in which case no extra invocations, because those don't need buffing, heh.

The cantrips ruling is fine. Half of my reasoning for that is that it makes it so that you don't have to fill your charsheet spellbook with cantrips to keep track of which ones you've memorized for the day.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 25, 2014, 12:28:15 am »

Profession checks are going to be fun times for me. They're essentially telling random strangers things you'd find in fortune cookies or out of a magic 8 ball... for money.

"So, Mr. Sage, how should I get my wife back?"

"Your charming ability is undeniable."

"O...kay..."

"Your lucky numbers are 11, 27, and 42. Next!"

Also, I'm going to go mess with feats and stuff now.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 25, 2014, 12:42:26 am »

Can I take Nymph's Kiss without being Good, due to having Fey Heritage, or no?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33