Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End OOC :: We're off!  (Read 43131 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5: Brackenreach/End OOC/pregame [0/6]
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2014, 01:40:27 am »

Wait...
Alright, would there be demons? I'd assume so, but it's a very good region so..
Highly unlikely. Demons, devils, celestials, &c. exist, but they are not and have not been the primary supernatural force in the world for a long, long time. Put another way, finding a tiefling in the Vale would be less likely than a troll wizard.
So you're saying theres a chance.
Play a tiefling paladin with a celestial troll wizard as a mount.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2014, 01:57:35 am »

Hey, Dice, hypothetically speaking, what would a Kobold Cleric who doesn't pray to any particular god and gets his powers from the idea that Kobolds are Awesome and Fighting to Defend Kobolds is Even More Awesome get as a favoured weapon for purposes of the War Domain? Just pick one that makes some sense (probably one used as part of traps)?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2014, 01:58:47 am »

Hey, Dice, hypothetically speaking, what would a Kobold Cleric who doesn't pray to any particular god and gets his powers from the idea that Kobolds are Awesome and Fighting to Defend Kobolds is Even More Awesome get as a favoured weapon for purposes of the War Domain? Just pick one that makes some sense (probably one used as part of traps)?
Probably a kobold-specific one, like the Horsechopper.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2014, 02:08:30 am »

Help. I have no idea what these terms mean. They refer to a bunch of things not on the race sheets.
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2014, 02:14:37 am »

Help. I have no idea what these terms mean. They refer to a bunch of things not on the race sheets.
Which ones in particular?

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2014, 02:17:59 am »

ability modifiers
types and subtypes

Plus, it's not clear on how you actually determine the stats like strength etc. :-\
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2014, 02:18:16 am »

You get all of the ability modifiers. -The modifiers the two races give to stats are added together.
    The baby receives both types and subtypes. -These are racial identifiers such as Fey or Giant, and subcategories of those. They matter for a few effects.
    The size is chosen by getting the middle of the sizes of both parents, if this is not a size (the parents are Large and Medium sized, ect.) then roll 50% to see if it is the larger or smaller size. -If the two races are different sizes (See the Player's Handbook for the list of those in order) you take the middle size between the two. If there isn't one, you roll to see whether you're considered the larger class or the smaller.
    Speed is averaged and rounded to nearest 10. -If there are differing base move speeds for any mode of locomotion, take the average of it and round up. Self-explanatory.
    Vision abilities are averaged. -If for example both races have Darkvision at differing levels, average the strength. Most vision abilities are done in the below way anyway, so this rarely matters.
    50% chance to get an ability that one parent has 100% to get an ability both parents have. -All the special qualities of the races which aren't skill bonuses are rolled for to see whether you have them.
    Racial bonus to skills is averaged and rounded down. -Self-explanatory. Average your skill bonuses, lack of a bonus being counted as +0.
    Automatic languages are from both parents lists. -The language choices listed in the race profiles are added together.
    Favored class is now favored classes. -This is usually houseruled out, but you get both favored classes for multiclass penalties.
    LA is (averaged and rounded up. orig) total of both races +1 -The LA of the half-breed is equal to the average of the two races' LA plus one.
    Ages are averaged. -If the races have different starting ages and aging categories, you average them.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2014, 03:29:23 am »

Hey, Dice, I'm thinking of trading out the Rogue Trapfinding Class Feature for an Alternate one. However, there aren't exactly a great deal of options for trading it. Would trading it for Poison Use (basically the Drow Rogue ACF, which I'm not entirely sure if it requires being a Drow or not, RAW) or Track (basically a reverse of half of the Ranger ACF trading Track and Swift Tracker for Trapfinding and Disable Device) be acceptable?
Edit: Also, are any of the Kobold Web Enhancement traits in play?
Edit: Also also, would it be possible to trade Class Skill: Forgery for Class Skill: Survival? White collar crime doesn't fit the character for a number of reasons (little experience with fancy paperwork, being Lawful Good, not spending a lot of time around non-Kobolds), but being capable of self-sufficiency, navigation and other outdoorsy stuff does.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:53:19 am by Harbingerjm »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2014, 08:10:31 am »

Mythweavers is being a bitch to me. I have my sheet all ready, but for some reason it wont save it when I try to.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2014, 09:16:33 am »

27. If you have at least 1 BAB, you can Power Attack with any weapon you are proficient in and are treated as if you have the Power Attack feat without actually taking it. Yes, this does include ranged weapons. Call it a Headshot. Also see feat section.
If I wanted to take say improved power attack, would I still need to take Power Attack normally?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2014, 09:24:08 am »

27. If you have at least 1 BAB, you can Power Attack with any weapon you are proficient in and are treated as if you have the Power Attack feat without actually taking it. Yes, this does include ranged weapons. Call it a Headshot. Also see feat section.
If I wanted to take say improved power attack, would I still need to take Power Attack normally?
I'm wondering the same.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2014, 09:55:13 am »

Harbinger, what's your plan for your character? I ask because I just realized I'm having an usefulness crisis. The pan was to be a primary melee combatant, with some skill monkey and face duties on the side. I don't think that's going to work, since we have two other melee combatants, a bard, and a rogue. Basically, I have everyone's job (except for the troll) and everyone is better at it than me.

I'm considering a Binder, so then I'll be good at everything, just not everyday.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2014, 10:05:51 am »

Sort of similar to what you were going for, I guess. Dark Winged Dragonwrought Arctic Kobold Rogue/Swashbuckler, with maybe a one-level Cleric dip. Crossbows, reach weapons, skill monkeying, languages and knowledge. Some crafting of traps, potentially including poison.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2014, 10:24:27 am »

I'm wondering the same.
With good reason, turns out our characters are really similar. At least stat wise. I'm making a half-orc fighter.
Slork Hemrun the fighter
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 10:34:47 am by UltraValican »
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33