Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Dreamlands: Masters of Sleep RPG. Maybe Might Revive?  (Read 5649 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Dreamlands: Masters of Sleep RPG. The Calm Before the Storm.
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2014, 07:49:38 pm »

Head to blood fountain, looking for coins.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2014, 07:53:03 pm »

Roam around and look for monsters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2014, 08:20:13 pm »

Well that's incredibly terrifying. And creepy. And it explains the name of the town...yeah I think I'm done here.

Damien leaves the house quickly, trying to get back to his bike, so he can leave this place behind. Nothing he can see to make use of, anyway. Though...what was the point of doing anything, in a dream? He hadn't seen anything to indicate this was a particularly special dream, so...it wasn't like he could die, after all. Right?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2014, 02:40:29 pm »

Alright, I have the week before school off work. Time to introduce some (Hopefully interesting) characters so we can get a story going!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You walk up to the blood fountain, the hair-grass tickling your shins as you walk over it. You dip your hand into the surprisingly deep fountain of dark-red blood, and begin fishing around for coins. You find none, but you do find a fish who was apparently living in it.

While you are doing this, you get the sense that you are being watched from somewhere.

What do you do now?

--------------

The whale goes forward at impressive speeds, going up and down the foamy waves like a roller coaster. You search the surrounding area with your sensor, looking for any signs of unfrozen life, especially monsters. After a bit of searching, landing yourself on an incredibly tall wave for better visibility, you finally find something out of place.

Near the top boarder of the ocean was a small squad if armored knights, with a large rectangular shield and a sub machine gun at their waist. Zooming in on the armor shows that they are empty, with no object inside.

What do you do now?

-----------

And it explains the name of the town

Yep. I was going with a little more literal.

------------

You turn around, about to make a break for the bike, when you see a taxi car blocking your path to it. In the front seat was another, similar puppet staring directly at you, both hands on the wheel, motionless in the motionless car. How did it get here?

The back door of the car opens, with a pair of feet revealing itself below the door. They turn back toward the taxi, apparently paying, it may give you time to make a break for it...

What do you do now?

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2014, 04:38:32 pm »

Temporarily create a rain of blood, to make the tooth trees bloom! cover self with tarp to keep blood rain off of me.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2014, 05:33:28 pm »

If possible link the mouth of the whale to my Home. Then anime jump and nanoplasm spike murder initiate diplomacy.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2014, 08:44:34 pm »

You make a splash into the blood fountain, sending several drops flying up and up and into the sky, and throw the tarp over yourself. Suddenly, a torrent of blood falls from above, splashing against the tarp above you and covering the ground in seconds. It continues heavily, splashing against the trees and the fountain, and whoever is watching you.

"Tsk. Looks like you found me. Nice cover." A gruff voice speaks out, sounding like it is coming from the nearby tooth tree. The tree then blooms, tongues acting as flowers, with a man jumping out of it. He was tall, barrel chested, and clean shaven. He looked to be in his twenties, with short brown hair on his head and the eyes of a predator. The meat-eating kind, not the sexual kind. You feel hostility from him, but can hardly see him past all the rain, only noticing his outline. Don't ask how you know what he looks like.

What do you do now?

-------------

Quick question: What is nanoplasma? Is it like normal plasma, only nano?

------------------

You jump off the wale's tongue, flying off the edge of the huge wave you are on as if you where sky diving. You land directly in front of the suits of armor, on your feet without even feeling the impact. They look surprised (Well, as surprised as you can look when you are a suit of armor with no facial expressions) and raise their weapons at you, a MP5, an Uzi, and a P90. Diplomacy initiated.

What do you do now?

-----------

You start sprinting toward your bike, going twice as fast as you could ever hope to when you where awake. The taxi is now far behind you and far out of sight. You bring your bike out of hiding in a single motion, as you jumped on it seemed to start on its own will.

"Where are you going? I just want to talk."

A voice behind you. It sounds like a man's, but is a little higher pitched than normal, just a little off....

You turn to look behind you out of instinct, seeing the taxi two feet away. The driver's still in the same position, still just as motionless, with its eyes still connected to you. You can't see the passenger, but you can feel his presence. The car isn't in motion, and there is no sign of its engine being on or any other motion from the car.

What do you do now?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2014, 08:51:42 pm »

"People underestimate how unreasonably awesome tarps are." throw the tarp off as you say this, then while waving around at the scenery say "Not quite my style, but they looks halfway decent in bloom, don't you think?" Neutrally squint at him during all of this.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2014, 06:20:11 am »

"Sup mates? So are we going to do this the easy way or the hard way?"
If they attack STABKILLMURDER!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2014, 03:07:58 pm »

"Not quite my style either. I think they would look quite wonderful in boom though..."

The man flourishes his hand toward the tree, causing a large bomb to fall from somewhere above. It hits the trees wit a huge ball of fire, sending teeth and other debris flying in a rain much like the blood you had summoned.

What do you do now?

------------

The suits of armor look to each other in apparent confusion, without lowering their guns. The one in the center, holding the MP5, motions for you to follow him with the hand with the gun in it.

What do you do now?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2014, 03:18:38 pm »

"Ha! Classic. Now, if this isn't the case, I apologize, but I'm guessing you ain't friendly? Either way, I am Bert-Bert, the unknowable."

Enhance tarps defective power momentarily and take cover from falling nasty debris.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2014, 03:44:42 pm »

"I'ma follow you but don't try to shoot me or I will stab you."
Tentatively follow.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2014, 05:45:56 pm »

The debris bounce off your tarp as if it was made of steel, forming a ring around you. The man seems unharmed completely, his grimace growing as he speaks.

"Oh no, I am quite friendly. That ain't going to stop me from blowing you sky high, boy."

He pulls out a model airplane from his back pocket and drops it in front of him.

"To make this clear, I am about to attack you. You will fight back, make it interesting, then die. Got it?"

What do you do now?

-------------

They get into a triangle formation, motioning you to get in between them. They then march in unison northward, going up and down the hill like waves, checking once and a while with eyeless stares to make sure you are still following. They eventually lead you to what appears to be a calm sea, flat blue water going off into the sunset.

The leading armor, ahead of you, steps out into the water and falls strieght down with a splash. Just like normal water. The other two suits do the same, making sure you go with them. You don't feel the water go around you, it feels just like normal air.

You close your eyes as your head goes under, and when you open them you are standing on a solid ground. Solid gold ground, to be exact. A path made of solid gold bricks was ahead of you, stretched behind you, and was currently under you. On either side of the road at regular intervals was more suits of armor, standing at attention next to decorative flowering bushes. In the distance was a huge mansion, almost the size of a mountain, with vaulted ceilings and expensive looking decorations at random intervals.

In front of two massive doors that appear to be the front entrance was a lean blond man with blue eyes, wearing a suit with a red flower tied to it. He bows his head politely, before walking closer to you.

What do you do now?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2014, 06:02:33 pm »

Use focus to make all imagination effects have a double effect upon their original creator, asking for energy/permission from the remaining trees if possible.

"Ok, but lets make it interesting, if this little trick works, we both have to overpower twice our own strength every time we attack."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8