Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Dreamlands: Masters of Sleep RPG. Maybe Might Revive?  (Read 5642 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Dreamlands: Masters of Sleep RPG. The Calm Before the Storm.
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2014, 06:07:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You start sprinting toward your bike, going twice as fast as you could ever hope to when you where awake. The taxi is now far behind you and far out of sight. You bring your bike out of hiding in a single motion, as you jumped on it seemed to start on its own will.

"Where are you going? I just want to talk."

A voice behind you. It sounds like a man's, but is a little higher pitched than normal, just a little off....

You turn to look behind you out of instinct, seeing the taxi two feet away. The driver's still in the same position, still just as motionless, with its eyes still connected to you. You can't see the passenger, but you can feel his presence. The car isn't in motion, and there is no sign of its engine being on or any other motion from the car.

What do you do now?
"Right. You just want to talk. After all, you're not a terrifyingly creepy puppet with eyes that follow me and move like the Weeping Angels or anything. Totally. Why would I be freaked out by that?"

This time, Damien didn't let his eyes leave the taxi, though he made sure to keep watch with his peripheral vision, backing up with the bike facing the car, blinking with one eye at a time when he could. He found he didn't really need to blink, though, and stopped entirely. He slowly circled the car on his hoverbike, to widen his area of sight; the advantage of not having wheels: one didn't need to turn to go sideways.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2014, 06:28:41 pm »

"Little bit of Wizard of Oz going on here. I like it. So... Sup?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2014, 07:03:25 pm »

Sorry, but that is currently impossible. Especially with only one focus point. Maybe when you get stronger...

---------------

The taxi stays as motionless as a statue, with the eyes of the puppet following you around and around. You even see the eyes go backwards in the taxi's mirror, leaving the sockets painted white, when you go behind it.

"I am not a puppet. I am just riding with him. They aren't so bad when you get used to them, they are just nervous around strangers...I tried to get out, but you ran away. I don't want you to escape, so I got back in. But I already paid now..."

The back door opened again, swiftly this time, with a man exiting the car quickly. If one word would describe him, it would be "dark". He had jet black hair going down to his neck, large black eyes, and was wearing black cloths. Baggy black pants below a black sweatshirt that covered the rest of him, his hands in the front pocket. The only other color besides black was his pale skin, giving him an almost skeleton like appearance. On his back was a scythe made of black metal, with a pump-action shotgun on the other end, obviously he was armed.

What do you do now?

-------------------

"Greetings. It has come to Master's attention that you have been mucking about in his ocean. As part of the appeal of this property is its oceanfront location, he decided it best to send word to you so he may speak to you about it in person. Everything must be perfect for the master, after all. Please, come in, I will ready some tea."

The butler motioned to the door, causing it to open on its own.

What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2014, 07:11:09 pm »

Good to know my limits, Spend one focus/imagination to give the tarp a hilt and razor edges, making it able to turn into a tarpsword. then spend 5 imagination by pumping it directly into the environment, like with the altar.

"I wonder what the lovely nature has to say about this?"

Prepare for attacks from the environment if it betrays me, and from the dude in case he attacks first
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2014, 07:55:24 pm »

"Right. That doesn't make me nervous at all. Referring to it as escape and all. What do you want to talk about, then? Obviously you can catch up to me if I'm on foot, but I think I could get away on this if I wanted."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2014, 04:34:48 pm »

A flash of light moves over the side of your tarp, giving it an edge and a hilt. You then stab the tarpsward into the ground, pumping energy directly into the land below you. Everything grows suddenly, the tooth trees reforming and blooming even stronger then before, the grass hair below you becoming almost a forest. Above the absurdly tall blades of hair grass, you see an old WWII fighter plain flying overhead, the model you saw before.

What do you do now?

-----------------

"Get...away...on...this..."

He speaks slowly, tilting his head as if attempting to understand the words.

"Then....I should destroy this."

He pulls the weapon off his back and begins to swing the scythe, causing it to expand enough to surround the bike completely, the dark blade covering all escape paths in less then a second. He then motions toward himself, obviously intending to destroy your bike.

What do you do now?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2014, 05:06:07 pm »

((Damn I thought I posted.))
Go in.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2014, 05:32:50 pm »

"You just lost all chance you might have had of me wanting to talk to you," Damien says, snarky even in his panicked retreat, backing up as far as he was able. Screw this guy, then. He wasn't gonna have some weird reaper obsessed with the color black try to steal his soul. He looks around and sees the only remaining options; up, or down.

Up was more likely. So he spins the bike, instinctively knowing how to get it to move to his command, and pulls it up onto it's rear end, just inches above the ground. And then, he punches the throttle, bike 'hovering' along the side of the scythe's apparently magical blade, rocketing up over it, before yanking it to one side to get over the edge of the scythe's reach, and, after getting his bearings from the fall -he should have woken up, from the falling sensation, shouldn't he have?-, hit the gas again, taking off in any direction except the one that led back to the creepy dude.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2014, 05:56:20 pm »

Planes are notorious for being hard to kill with swords. unstiffen the tarp sword and hide under it in the deepest part of the hair-grass. peek out from under it to check the plane's progress.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2014, 04:05:13 pm »

You walk through the massive, ornate doors and find yourself in a large entrance room with an impressive staircase in front of you. You take a step on the thick red carpet, and immediately begin falling through it as if nothing was below you.

You end up falling several stories, confined to an air vent like tube going downward. Several moments pass, but you can't any obvious ways out. Finally, you hit the ground, softly and on your feet.

"Well well. You are finally here."

A man was speaking, from somewhere above you. He was wearing loud colors and clothing, a silk suit, an exotic fur hat, a gold monocle, and had a cane next to him. He had blond hair, short and mostly hidden by his cloths, and blue eyes, again mostly hidden under the massive display of wealth. He was sitting on a golden throne and drinking wine from a golden chalice. Next to him was a young woman in a French maid dress, with tied-up blond hair, with an FAL rifle hanging across her back.

Looking further around you, you are in an arena of sorts. Your immediate surroundings are some kind of concrete, with several blast-proof doors jutting out at random places. Above that is the bleachers, filled with suits of armor and servants as far as the eye can see.

"As punishment for messing with MY property, you are sentenced to fighting in the arena. Put on a good enough show, and maybe I will even forgive you!"

What do you do now?

----------------------

"NONONO!" *CHCHUNK*

You are going forward, right down the road you came in on. It looks like you are going to escape, when you feel something hit you. Not unpleasantly, just like someone bumping into you on the streets.

"I don't care if you want me to talk or not! It is for your own good!"

Eight hairy legs eject from just behind your back, jutting into the ground sending up chunks of the road. They hold on to you, and start pulling you up, trying to drag you from your bike. Looking behind you, you see a thousand beady eyes of a spider glaring at you.

What do you do now?

-------------

You take cover under the tarp while making your way through the jungle-like hair, looking up once you found a suitable hiding spot. The plane is making a few strafing runs, cutting down large swaths of hair like an enthusiastic barber, but far enough away not to be a threat. The plane stops for a second, and another plane appears much farther over your head. A bomber.

A whistling sound, the familiar sound of a bomb dropping. It looks like napalm, it probably wont hit you but it will make hiding here a problem.

What do you do now?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2014, 04:08:38 pm »

Portal under the bomb, and one above the bomber. keep moving.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 04:17:07 pm by Shadestyle »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2014, 04:10:48 pm »

"Allow me to make a 'counter-proposal'."
STABKILLMURDER!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2014, 07:09:36 pm »

"How about fuck you?"

Giving up on witty rejoinder, Damien slams the throttle harder, smiling grimly as the heat of the exhaust begins to scorch the spider's hair, and turns it up even higher, focused on burning the bloody thing to death, or at least to letting go. This guy was a nutjob.

((Yes, this will use up Imagination))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Dreamlands: Masters of Sleep RPG. Maybe Might Revive? Might just restart.
« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2014, 01:05:29 am »

Is there any interest in me restarting, reviving, or otherwise starting a game with the same general design as this? I have been mulling over dozens of ideas that don't quite make enough for a game, but would be pretty fun to do in Dreamlands.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dreamlands: Masters of Sleep RPG. Maybe Might Revive?
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2014, 10:49:35 am »

Can I still use the same char sheet?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8