Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Dreamlands: Masters of Sleep RPG. Maybe Might Revive?  (Read 5648 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Dreamlands: Masters of Sleep RPG. The Calm Before the Storm.
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2014, 09:10:47 pm »

Permanent. Try to maneuver the chamber around the drop. Afterwards imagine up a guide book to the surrounding area.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:14:58 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2014, 12:05:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To claim the area, Quick question, Would a tent flap qualify as a door?

Yes. But the Dreamlands consider your "tent" to be a tarp on front of some planks, so it doesn't count.

---------

You trot back over the black cobblestones and return to the Colosseum, the whispers greeting you once again. After you speak to them, the voices start to buzz excitedly. They seem louder, more sure of what they want, but at the same time this makes them only more difficult to understand. They seem to be mentioning the alter, but you can't tell what they want you to do with it.

What do you do now?

------------------

----------

Map and special goggles should be permanent, though goggles need to be activated(that should last a while still though for each point of imagination, right?)

Sure, why not.

-----------

You point your goggles to the right "sun", zooming it in. It gets larger, of course, but now the lens flare is simply taking up your entire vision. You blink, and even that is gone. You now see it clearly, it seems to be some kind of...engine? What seems to be a sun from this distance is simply a tongue of fire, spurting out from a mostly-unseen source. "Mostly", as the heat of the flames is causing something above it to glow red hot allowing it to be seen.

Zooming back, you take a look at your map. You scroll across in the direction you are going starting at a half-decent distance. Seeing this go nowhere, only tree stumps and grass, you zoom out a bit and scroll even faster. You stop about halfway, finally noticing a difference. In the middle of your path, on a dead and rotten tree stump, with a small sapling growing out if it. You zoom back out from this and continue looking.

After a bit more scrolling, you finally reach the end of the tree stumps! You know this but...it doesn't tell you what is next. Well, that isn't entirely correct, it is certainly written on the map. But you feel like an illiterate man trying to read when looking at it, you simply can't comprehend the simple images for whatever reason. Scrolling back, you seem to be able to see any part of the area you are in just fine.

What do you do now?

-----------------

You are certainly spending a lot on investigating this, what do you hope to learn?

------------------------

You move your head down next to the drop, snapping the analyzer over it. As soon as it enters, you are able to move your head without a problem. The information pops up in front of your eyes: Sample:Water. Recently tampered with. Not much useful here, it seems to only be telling you what you already know.

As you focus on creating a guidebook, it falls into your arms from the top of the whale. You open it up, seeing a detailed picture of the sea you stand on.

What do you do now?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2014, 12:10:18 am »

Damien frowns, sighs, folds the map back up and tucks it into a pocket, and keeps going. He wondered how long it would take him to get out of this bloody stump-land.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2014, 12:46:23 am »

"Ok guys, Loud whisper if you want me to put something on it, quiet one if you want me to get on it for some kind of mysterious ritual."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 12:55:51 am by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2014, 11:17:40 am »

Look up the facts page.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2014, 06:55:21 pm »

You continue on the monotonous path, again with nothing changing. The engines high above you continue to get closer and closer as you continue toward them.

The sapling you saw on the map still stands there, lonely, bent over almost double. As you pass it quickly, the tip seems to follow you, like a snake, but does not leave the rotten stump and merely serves for a momentary break from the monotony. This also serves as a kind of halfway point, you seem to be directly in the middle of this field now. The engines are on either side of you, the twin suns on your right and left. You should be able to get to the other side without too much trouble now...

But just as the sapling is getting out of your (unaltered) sight, you start to notice the stumps around you and in your path rapidly rot. They transform from the woody brown to dark black, growing holes and fungus as if they had been left for ages. This isn't a good sign.

What do you do now?

-------------

The voices go momentarily silent, before picking up at a medium volume.

What do you do now?

---------------------

"The Sea frozen in time, a wonderful sea that is frozen as if in time! Ever since its creation, the sea has been immobile, a snapshot of an ocean that will never move. See its native life, immobile and unthinking but alive, in its natural frozen environment. Please do not feed the animals, they cant eat anything so the food just kind of piles up like garbage."

Keep reading? What are you looking for?

What do you do now?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2014, 07:10:57 pm »

"So, neither one I'm guessing, Tell you what, if you guys can keep my mind nice and not consumed by the eternal shadows of fury and hatred, you can go ahead and possess me or whatever for a bit, if it will help me help you with this altar thing. Because we clearly have an issue in communication."
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:13:18 pm by Shadestyle »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2014, 07:27:36 pm »

The voices state something to the effect of "We can not posses people, and it is rather RACIST for you to say that just because we are shadowy body-less voices that we can!" except a lot nicer and without the word racist. They then go back to loudly making no sense.

What do you do now?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2014, 07:40:30 pm »

"Sorry, sorry, my bad, Aight, so, can you give my a sign my whispery roommates as to what i should do? it seems that we are incapable of conventional communication regarding the matter of your altar."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2014, 07:50:42 pm »

I don't know look for stuff I didn't already know.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2014, 09:28:07 pm »

That can't be good. Let's try staying a bit higher off the ground then, from now on, shall we?

Damien was glad it was a hoverbike rather than any wheeled vehicle(not least because such a vehicles would have a hell of a time getting through these stumps), though he wasn't sure what the limits on it were. Oh well, as long as he was careful, he should be fine...Careful to stay away from those stumps from now on, too...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2014, 09:08:58 pm »

The voices are silent in thought for an instant, before picking back up again in unintelligible gibberish. The voices then gives something like a sigh, before trying something else.

The dark-red outline of the building suddenly grows more powerful, the alter's light suddenly looking pale in comparison. It than fades away, almost completely, causing the alter to look even brighter in comparison. It then returns to normal, as if nothing had happened.

What do you do now?

----------

You look through for anything particularly interesting, finally finding something under "Legends".

"There are many legends of what really happens deep below the placid sea. Some say that time was stopped to seal something deep below it, something dark and horrible that could not be killed by mortal means. Others say that a race of yet unknown creatures makes its home in a cave deep below, far from any who would do them harm. Nobody knows, and nobody has the guts to find out."

What do you do now?

----------

The stumps continue to rot and fester for several more minutes, flies and other bugs buzzing around them. You get closer and closer to getting out of this field, and are perhaps 3/4s the way out when another change occurs.

The stumps grow faces. Human faces, with flesh as dark as the putrid stumps under them. They look up at you, and let out a scream. Arms, long like tree branches, burst out of the top of each stump and reach up three to four feet. They continue to grow in segments, each with the sound of wood cracking, reaching up around you and in your path.

What do you do now?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2014, 10:40:19 pm »

Okay this is fucking ridiculous. Damien thinks, yanking the bike up and out of the range of the arms.

Faster I'm out, faster this horror show is over...

He focuses on going as fast as possible, without letting the arms slow him down. He would not be slowed down...he was sure the bike could go fast enough, or get high enough, to keep the things from dragging him down with them. He was certain of it.

((In case it wasn't clear, if this is the sort of thing I can only get out of by spending Imagination to improve the bike, I'll do it.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2014, 01:49:52 am »

"So, this whole place used to be as awesome as that altar, and then something happened, leaving the altar as the only awesome thing left, well, maybe i can do something..."

Give imagination energy to the altar. 10 of it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 01:51:52 am by Shadestyle »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2014, 09:00:05 am »

Add permanent  X-Ray vision to my goggles and look for such a cave.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8