Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many turns before nightfall? (Note: Go to place to sleep can always be appended to an otherwise complete turn)

Less than 4
- 0 (0%)
- 2 (22.2%)
- 3 (33.3%)
- 4 (44.4%)
More than 6
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: [OOC Thread] Kurchil's Children Reboot - It Has Begun  (Read 11168 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC Thread] Kurchil's Children Reboot - 0/5
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2014, 03:46:19 am »

Hey, I got in and got an awesome drawing, too. Sweet!

Anyhow... what to choose?

There's the obvious choice of #1 - it's themed well, it's got an interesting focus (patterns), and even fits with the character in some ways, but it's kind of a cliche, obviously evil set of magic.

Then there's #2, which is more bizarre, and seems more interesting altogether, though it's a little random.

And finally there's #3, which is interesting because of using crystals and due to its practitioners being interested in physics. And also because luck and fate are diametrically opposite concepts.

Hm... I think my choice will be... #2: This system of magic uses dreams and weapons. Light and ice are considered its central attributes.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2014, 07:18:03 am »

Hey, I picked the obviously good magic, Empathy, blessing and growth is stock standard white magic, although I am thinking of ways to weaponize it if necessary

So dont not pick it just cause it's steriotypical
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2014, 07:49:38 am »

I seriously like how you've gone into the anatomical proportions of Harry's Jumping Mouse :P
Though I've to note the tibia a-...err, lower legs. Seems a bit unproportional? :P
Actually it's perfectly anatomically correct. Search jerboa skeleton. Then search just jerboa so you can appreciate the ears. :-)

Thank you all for the positive feedback on the drawings! They were actually done by a friend of mine, and I'm hoping to get her to draw other stuff for this as well.

Harry, wolfchild, and Tiruin, do you want to name your chosen style or should I?
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2014, 07:57:47 am »

I seriously like how you've gone into the anatomical proportions of Harry's Jumping Mouse :P
Though I've to note the tibia a-...err, lower legs. Seems a bit unproportional? :P
Actually it's perfectly anatomically correct. Search jerboa skeleton. Then search just jerboa so you can appreciate the ears. :-)
OHO! That itch on familiarity is now gone. Thanks for that Sam :>
It felt both right and wrong at the same time and I spoke about the wrong xD Though I did visualize it...just as it was proportionally drawn there in its position without the legs closed up.
That, and the femur didn't click in my mind. Oops. Still, the tail had relevance on the right part, but I had to discard it -_-

I'll name it. Hold on. Thinking of a nice name.
Your friend. She draws well awesomely O_O

Mm, now that I think of it, isn't that (like) Girlinhat's avatar?!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 08:00:32 am by Tiruin »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2014, 08:10:02 am »

I'll pass along your approval. :-)

Besides names I've decided one other thing I need from you ask related to magic. Give me two spells/magic abilities you think you're character should start with.
My Area

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC Thread] Kurchil's Children Reboot - Decisions Made
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2014, 09:07:31 am »

Sure thing. Here's my opinion:
1. After-Wind:
Wind Spell, No Focus Required
A weak wind spell intended for use when one has no focus, the spell conjures a light blast of wind, strengthened by the presence of ghosts in the area.

2. Heroes' Wake:
Summoning Spell, Focus Required
When the caster has a bone from someone of particular bravery or heroism, they can use the bone as a focus to summon an apparition of said person to fight with them.

I'm basically taking the bone focus to make a theme among my magic >.>

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2014, 09:34:05 am »

1. After-Wind:
A weak wind spell intended for use when one has no focus, the spell conjures a light blast of wind, strengthened by the presence of ghosts in the area.

2. Heroes' Wake:
When the caster has a bone from someone of particular bravery or heroism, they can use the bone as a focus to summon an apparition of said person to fight with them.

Looks good to me! Speaking of your magic, how would you like to be effected by the moon?
My Area

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2014, 09:56:43 am »

I shall name it... idle mind redirection.

As for abilities, well...

1. Idle mind redirection, elementary variant - the practitioner's mind, when in a dreaming state, is redirected to the practice of magic. The practitioner has no dreams (the dreams are "eaten", so to speak), instead the practitioner unconsciously enchants either themselves or an object they happen to be holding when they fall asleep with one of the characteristic enchantments known to the user - there is no way to prevent this happening once a user's mind is appropriately configured, and the technique is irreversible in its effects (dreamlessness being the most obvious one) once taught, though its enchantments tend to be temporary. Separate instances of dreaming spent enchanting the same object are cumulative, and the enchantment need not be expended during the following waking time. Enchantments made are of limited charge and, when they are depleted, the object becomes mundane once more.

2. Basic energy transformer - a mind-operated enchantment of either a living body or an object - once appropriately enchanted while the enchanter is asleep, the object (or the enchanter themselves) attains the ability to absorb heat from the environment in a directed, mind-activated and controlled fashion, and transform it immediately into light at variable speeds depending on the power of the enchantment. This is an iconic enchantment of idle mind redirection, and the primary source of the "ice and light" description, along with the haven spells (shining domes and caves of ice, so to speak) of the more advanced practitioners.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 09:59:26 am by Harry Baldman »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2014, 11:05:18 am »

Picking #1: This craft uses pain to access power. Beauty, change and necromancy are its most notable aspects. It can only be learned after first studying a variety of academic subjects. Practitioners are typically very friendly.

Naming and choosing spells in a while.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2014, 11:05:43 am »

1. After-Wind:

2. Heroes' Wake:

Looks good to me! Speaking of your magic, how would you like to be effected by the moon?
How 'bout like... more sensitive to goasts and the like as it waxes and less so when it wanes.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2014, 11:14:22 am »

Thank you all for the positive feedback on the drawings! They were actually done by a friend of mine, and I'm hoping to get her to draw other stuff for this as well.

Harry, wolfchild, and Tiruin, do you want to name your chosen style or should I?

It shall be unnamed, known by her people as The/Our Magic, wile others call it swamp magic, or crude magic because of it's lack of formal education

I'll pass along your approval. :-)

Besides names I've decided one other thing I need from you ask related to magic. Give me two spells/magic abilities you think you're character should start with.

1) Blessing of Restoration, (Blessing/Growth): Enhances the recipient's natural healing, not a viable battle heal, but still significant

2) Empathic Projection, (Empathy): Project emotions onto target
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2014, 12:17:51 pm »

I'm working on intros as we speak. Would you all like to maintain your own sheets, or should I do it? Either method works for me.
My Area

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2014, 12:24:50 pm »

I name my chosen style the "Long Studies of Necromantic Aesthetics and Change". Aka, "Long Studies of Change" because not only you have to study several academic subjects, there's also the need of pain to activate powers.

Spells:
-Life Drain, Basic Necromancy: Drains lifeforce from a living being (s) onto a chosen target. The target receiving the lifeforce can also be someone other than the caster.
-Allure, Basic Beauty/Change (Overlap/Synergy): Makes the target temporarily more alluring to a certain creature or group of creatures. The allure is not necessarily romantic in nature - it may make the target seem more trustworthy, honest or heroic, for example.

What do you think?

I'm working on intros as we speak. Would you all like to maintain your own sheets, or should I do it? Either method works for me.

Either way works. I do, however, think that if we do it then the GM is free to focus on what is important (turns).

Edit: Swapped "Harsh" for "Long" because using harsh was an older idea I apparently forgot to replace before posting.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 02:02:12 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2014, 12:50:29 pm »

Spell choices look good to me!
My Area

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2014, 03:24:30 pm »

I'll take number three.

Amplify Pain: Takes the targets pain and increases it. Non-lethal and only works on people feeling pain, but can incapacitate quickly.

Light Glance: This spell requires at least three mirrors. Light bursts from the used mirrors, and, when touching the point where all the beams meet, you can see into a persons mind, reading their thoughts, and possibly slightly altering them. Range depends on the number of mirrors.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9