Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I get masterwork to use the generic bog standard 'Toady uses this' font?  (Read 684 times)

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Masterwork looks amazing from the descriptions I've read, but when I start it to see for myself I can barely even focus on the font it uses, I have serious problems seeing it at all. The start menu may as well be blank.  Is it possible to switch to the same fonts basic unmodded DF uses?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Sure. Take any ascii tileset, rename the file to font.png and put it into dwarffortress/data/art. Thats it. :)

Or you can disable "item graphics", and set print mode to STANDARD. This allows true type, which you can toggle ingame with F12. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Brilliant! Thank you very much, I can see what's happening again!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Would that work if I wanted the graphics on screen to be MW, but the writing (on menus and sidebars) to be base DF?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Make sure  Item grapjics are on, the put a 16x16 ASCII font into data/art, the set the FONT and FUULFONT in init.txt to that tileset. (GRAPHICS_FONT is for the main screen. Make sure creature graphics is on
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.