Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reptile people  (Read 452 times)

MaxZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Doot doodoo de doo
    • View Profile
Reptile people
« on: July 21, 2014, 02:20:05 pm »

A lone reptile woman came to my fort via the surface, although she was only announced when she trod on a cage trap and was caged.

She's listed as friendly. I'm curious to know if there imight have been any purpose for her coming and if I let her out, if there are any suggestions for the best place to do so.

Any advice?

Many thanks :)

Flarp

• Bay Watcher
  • and tearing apart the self-esteem!
    • View Profile
Re: Reptile people
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 02:22:27 pm »

Probably a werecreature that transformed back before you caught her. You could let her go, or, y'know, hurl her down a 20 z-level tower. It's not dwarf fortress if your entrance isn't coated in a mingled slurry of the blood of other sentient creatures.
He views any show of emotion as offensive, sees introspection as important, values self-control, and strongly believes that a peaceful and ordered society without dissent would be best. He believes that mastery of a skill is one of the highest pursuits, values nature, and finds romance distasteful. He holds well-laid plans and shrewd deceptions in the highest regard.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Reptile people
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 02:30:34 pm »

Sell her to the elves, use her as goblin bait, live training, trap tester... There are lots of things you can do, but you have to remember you only get one shot at it.
Make sure you have plenty more cage traps around to catch her again if she escapes.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.