Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Possum Demon Diety Diplomat  (Read 4621 times)

JRHaggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Possum Demon Diety Diplomat
« on: July 21, 2014, 02:19:44 pm »

This fucker has been knocking around my fortress for THREE YEARS. "Beware his noxious secretions!" He is accompanied by two decked-out humans. Does that mean he's a diplomat for the humans??

He emanates a cloud that exhausts and dehydrates all dwarves/animals that cross his path. For years now, my hospital has been choked with dwarves resting after passing this bastard in the hallway. He finally (after four separate goblin sieges, none of which I could address at all due to the fortress-wide fatigue this "diplomat" caused) has met with my damn baron and is leaving.

I thought about killing him, but, err... DIETY.., and I was hoping that my dwarves would benefit from the abuse, somehow. I have not noticed any useful developments due to this visit.

I think it took three years because as he followed the baron around, the baron would run away from the "noxious emmissions", prolonging the chase/stay. Will they (whoever they are. humans?) send this guy again? If they do, I'll have to arrange an accident.

Three years of this guy...

cikulisu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possum Demon Diety Diplomat
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 02:20:42 pm »

pfffhahahahahaha

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 02:30:26 pm »

Yup, that guy will be around next year.
Be thankful that you didn't get the dancing, destructive deity.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 02:37:10 pm »

The magma sea is calling.

pfffhahahahahaha
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 02:41:24 pm »

pfffhahahahahaha
He's not an actual diety, though you probably knew that.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:44:08 pm by Alev »

JRHaggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 02:47:44 pm »

pfffhahahahahaha

err? I mean, there are no REAL dieties...

It wouldn't be super powerful or something?

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 02:49:43 pm »

pfffhahahahahaha

err? I mean, there are no REAL dieties...

It wouldn't be super powerful or something?
Only as powerful as your average demon. And in DF, there are deities, though they have little to no impact on the world currently.

JRHaggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 02:59:45 pm »

So what makes him a diety then? Sorry if this is some basic shit I should know already...

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 03:01:41 pm »

He's a demon who is pretending to be a deity.  Real deities don't show up in flesh and blood forms.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 03:03:26 pm »

He's a demon who is pretending to be a deity.  Real deities don't show up in flesh and blood forms.
Yes.

JRHaggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 03:08:04 pm »

Bro. Jesus? For your sins and all? I bet most people around BCE 1 were exuding noxious emissions. Hygiene standards have improved markedly, I'd bet.

I totally don't understand what a DF diety is, but who cares?! I have a Diety Toaster to invent!

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 03:10:54 pm »

DF deity (noun): A deity who watches over a world as its inhabitants are brutally murdered, and laughs. The only thing they do for the world is curse people, causing more hues and bloodshed.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 04:26:33 pm »

DF deity (noun): A deity who watches over a world as its inhabitants are brutally murdered, and laughs. The only thing they do for the world is curse people, causing more hues and bloodshed.

And make deals with giant humanoid demons to bring them to mortal world as evil overlords for reasons ranging from "Mwhahaa, evil!" to "This doesn't really make sense"

JRHaggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 04:29:05 pm »

And make deals with giant humanoid demons to bring them to mortal world as evil overlords for reasons ranging from "Mwhahaa, evil!" to "This doesn't really make sense"

Hahaha. Yeah. I think I got one of the latter cases...

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 04:32:13 pm »

Anyway, humanoid historical figures demons do one of following things: Take over goblin civilization either by usurping previous leader(thats how you get lawgiver demons), take over goblin civiilzation by creating position of "Master", take over human civilization by pretending to be a deity(currently gods never appear in flesh, they only do things during history, so all deities you meet are actually demons) and sometimes, at least in older versions I'm not sure if it happens anymore, they sit around in a cave like semi megabeasts, night creatures, werecreatures, etc.
Pages: [1] 2