Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cheating in the new version?  (Read 2656 times)

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
Cheating in the new version?
« on: July 21, 2014, 12:34:46 pm »

So in previous versions, when I wanted to do !!science!! in dwarf mode I would mod the save so that dwarves did not need to eat, drink, or sleep, and made them super speedy.  In the new release, how would I go about doing the same?  To be honest I only got as far as realizing that [speed:0] no longer works before giving up in despair.  I am not very well versed in modding DF raws, so hopefully one of you raw magicians can help me out!  Thanks.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like cat for dinner.
    • View Profile
Re: Cheating in the new version?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 12:41:17 pm »

So in previous versions, when I wanted to do !!science!! in dwarf mode I would mod the save so that dwarves did not need to eat, drink, or sleep, and made them super speedy.  In the new release, how would I go about doing the same?  To be honest I only got as far as realizing that [speed:0] no longer works before giving up in despair.  I am not very well versed in modding DF raws, so hopefully one of you raw magicians can help me out!  Thanks.

Was bummed on the Speed thing, it used to be how I tested while modding, without Speed its making me spend hours upon hours to test simple features now.
Advanced Civilizations (0.40.X+)

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 12:49:39 pm »

You can still do all the no_eat stuff as you could before.

Speed has been replaced by GAIT tokens. I don't personally know how they work yet, but I think Toady included notes in the raws for where "gait" appears (do some control-F searches). I'm not sure anybody knows how to speed up reaction processes yet, but I believe you can still make dwarves super fast runners with GAIT.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like cat for dinner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 12:58:38 pm »

You can still do all the no_eat stuff as you could before.

Speed has been replaced by GAIT tokens. I don't personally know how they work yet, but I think Toady included notes in the raws for where "gait" appears (do some control-F searches). I'm not sure anybody knows how to speed up reaction processes yet, but I believe you can still make dwarves super fast runners with GAIT.

GAIT will be a start, I'm fine with just move speed for now if it speeds up hauling and setup in the early fort.
Advanced Civilizations (0.40.X+)

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 01:21:19 pm »

Well thanks for the info.  I will see what I can figure out with the gait stuff I guess :)
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 02:32:44 pm »

Was bummed on the Speed thing, it used to be how I tested while modding, without Speed its making me spend hours upon hours to test simple features now.

You can use GAIT to upgrade units speed, STRENGTH to reduce slowdown from carrying things and AGILITY (I think) increases non-movement speed. Changing the racial settings should make your dwarves very speedy but not the obscene speed of 34.11 DFHACK.

I wonder if Stance Climber or making the feet [GRASP] will let you carry building materials while climbing.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 02:44:58 pm »

Well, if you want to, you can start off by making a custom creature variation that hinders muscle layers from slowing them down, and allowing strength and agility to boost walking, crawling & creeping speed. The following raws also hinders stealth from slowing them down, and allows them to sprint without any energy cost:

Code: (c_variation_fast.txt) [Select]
c_variation_fast

[OBJECT:CREATURE_VARIATION]

[CREATURE_VARIATION:FAST_BIPED_GAITS]
GAIT:type:name:full speed:build up time:turning max:start speed:energy use
use NO_BUILD_UP if you jump immediately to full speed
these optional flags go at the end:
LAYERS_SLOW - fat/muscle layers slow the movement (muscle-slowing counter-acted by strength bonus)
STRENGTH - strength attribute can speed/slow movement
AGILITY - agility attribute can speed/slow movement
STEALTH_SLOWS:<n> - n is percentage slowed
it would be interesting to allow quirky attributes (like mental stats), but they aren't supported yet
[CV_NEW_TAG:GAIT:WALK:Sprint:!ARG4:10:3:!ARG2:0:STRENGTH:AGILITY]
[CV_NEW_TAG:GAIT:WALK:Run:!ARG3:5:3:!ARG2:0:STRENGTH:AGILITY]
[CV_NEW_TAG:GAIT:WALK:Jog:!ARG2:NO_BUILD_UP:0:STRENGTH:AGILITY]
[CV_NEW_TAG:GAIT:WALK:Walk:!ARG1:NO_BUILD_UP:0:STRENGTH:AGILITY]
[CV_NEW_TAG:GAIT:WALK:Stroll:!ARG5:NO_BUILD_UP:0:STRENGTH:AGILITY]
[CV_NEW_TAG:GAIT:WALK:Creep:!ARG6:NO_BUILD_UP:0:STRENG

Now, we let the dwarves use these gaits. Let's also give them superhuman speed:

Code: [Select]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:FAST_BIPED_GAITS:4:3:2:1:5:6]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:4:3:2:1:5:6]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:4:3:2:1:5:6]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:4:3:2:1:5:6]

The first step is really not necessary. If you want to, you can just leave the first line changed in the dwarf creature to STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS and just modify the values passed.

I believe these raws should let the dwarves "sprint" at 8700 kmph.  At any rate, they're freaking fast.

Edit: Essentially, the values passed are delays for movement. you could set them to 1:1:1:1:1:1 and they should always move at 8700kmph, even when crawling around. Currently, they should walk at around 2175 kmph, jog at 2900, run at 4350 and sprint at 8700. Strolling should be 1740 and creeping should be 1450. These calculations are based on the text file "gaits.txt", which I believe state that a delay of 100 is equal to moving at about 87 kmph.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 02:49:28 pm by TheDorf »
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 02:48:08 pm »

I think this will give you the best movement speed currently possible:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Copying cats' climbing abilities might also help:
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 02:52:50 pm »

I think this will give you the best movement speed currently possible:
Copying cats' climbing abilities might also help:

Oh, that does look quite a bit better than my solution. :P

At any rate, I'd still set the delay to 1. Afaik the only limitation is that they can't move more than 1 square per tick.
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 03:56:33 pm »

Setting it to 0 will probably work.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 12:44:47 am »

Actually, would it be possible to only... half cheat? Like, if a dwarf is "walking" he moves incredibly fast, but when he runs from nasties he moves at normal running from nasties speed?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 01:27:24 am »

You can still multiply speed through a syndrome, which affects movement and attack speed, and probably work speed too.  Try attaching it to a self only interaction.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 04:05:07 am »

You can still multiply speed through a syndrome, which affects movement and attack speed, and probably work speed too.  Try attaching it to a self only interaction.
I learn this the hard way when I added it to zombies.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes