Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.24 with Dwarf Therapist/DFhack  (Read 164684 times)

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.24 with Dwarf Therapist/DFhack
« Reply #225 on: February 04, 2015, 09:54:52 pm »

Maybe this helps you debugging :)
The actual path the PyLNP is:
/home/hem39212/games/dwarf-fortress/04024r1-x64/

Code: [Select]
Exception in Tkinter callback

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 1486, in __call__

File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 46, in run_df

File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 83, in run_program

File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 123, in program_is_running

TypeError: decode() argument 1 must be string, not None

This will be fixed in the next release of PyLNP. I hope to have it out by the end of the week, hopefully in time for the weekend. You can simply replace the binary once it's out, you won't have to wait for the pack to update.

EDIT: It's out now.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 01:13:27 pm by Pidgeot »

Beautato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Newb Pack Linux
« Reply #226 on: February 22, 2015, 02:44:46 pm »

Maybe this helps you debugging :)
The actual path the PyLNP is:
/home/hem39212/games/dwarf-fortress/04024r1-x64/

Exception in Tkinter callback

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 1486, in __call__

File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 46, in run_df

File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 83, in run_program

File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 123, in program_is_running

TypeError: decode() argument 1 must be string, not None

This will be fixed in the next release of PyLNP. I hope to have it out by the end of the week, hopefully in time for the weekend. You can simply replace the binary once it's out, you won't have to wait for the pack to update.

EDIT: It's out now.

Pigeot did a great job with the newest PyLNP 0.9.2a Linux version! Works great, also have had some help with getting more compatibility fixes for fedora and Arch from miffedmap.  Also dfhack v0.40.24 r2, updated graphics, PyLNP 0.9.2a.

Download:

x64 Linux available on DFFD

Website Download [probably faster]:
x64 Website

i686 Website

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 03:59:01 pm by Beautato »

Beautato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Newb Pack Linux
« Reply #227 on: February 22, 2015, 03:12:23 pm »

just changed all the links to new ones. ...  ...

Google has disabled the goo.gl urls; perhaps it violates their policy some how. I was previously using the links to get analytical-information about which sites are downloading the most and what browsers/OS's are downloading which version. Its interesting and very useful information; really. But Google has marked all the links I have been using  for the package as spam, right now I am appealing the decision and hoping for the best. 

In the mean time some links may be dead, I will continue to host the links on the website or you can use DFFD or Github's Release download links.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 04:50:46 pm by Beautato »

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 28, 2015, 12:03:03 pm »

Note: PyLNP 0.9.4 fixes some issues that can prevent graphics packs from being installed. Until Beautato has updated the pack, I would recommend users of this pack to download that version and overwrite the PyLNP binary with the updated one. (Do not overwrite PyLNP.json or xdg-terminal, only the file PyLNP - those other files are for PyLNP users who don't use a pack.)

Beautato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Newb Pack Linux
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2015, 12:23:17 pm »

Note: PyLNP 0.9.4 fixes some issues that can prevent graphics packs from being installed. Until Beautato has updated the pack, I would recommend users of this pack to download that version and overwrite the PyLNP binary with the updated one. (Do not overwrite PyLNP.json or xdg-terminal, only the file PyLNP - those other files are for PyLNP users who don't use a pack.)

Should be a release soon, later today. :D :D

Metz77

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 03, 2015, 04:04:39 pm »

I tried the fix suggested by Pidgeot but now when I try to install a new graphic pack, it tells me it needs to download a copy of DF. When I agree to let it, nothing happens and I still can't install new graphics packs. Is there another fix/will the update be out soon?

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 03, 2015, 07:57:05 pm »

I tried the fix suggested by Pidgeot but now when I try to install a new graphic pack, it tells me it needs to download a copy of DF. When I agree to let it, nothing happens and I still can't install new graphics packs. Is there another fix/will the update be out soon?

You *did* download a newer version and replace the PyLNP binary, right? A small "download status" area should appear near the bottom of the window after you agree to that; try making the window a bit taller if you don't see it.

If that's not working, check if anything is displayed in File > Output log. If there isn't anything there, the simplest workaround is to download the Windows version of Dwarf Fortress and place it in LNP/Baselines (create the directory if it doesn't exist)

Metz77

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 03, 2015, 08:21:39 pm »

You *did* download a newer version and replace the PyLNP binary, right? A small "download status" area should appear near the bottom of the window after you agree to that; try making the window a bit taller if you don't see it.

If that's not working, check if anything is displayed in File > Output log. If there isn't anything there, the simplest workaround is to download the Windows version of Dwarf Fortress and place it in LNP/Baselines (create the directory if it doesn't exist)

Well I've got egg on my face now. Seems my window wasn't tall enough, so I didn't see the the "download status" thing and consequently wasn't waiting long enough for it to download. Works now!

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 04, 2015, 10:17:45 am »

Well I've got egg on my face now. Seems my window wasn't tall enough, so I didn't see the the "download status" thing and consequently wasn't waiting long enough for it to download. Works now!

If it's any consolation, the Linux version *does* have some sizing issues that I've never been able to resolve - the window is supposed to force a minimum size that keeps that area visible, but as far as I can tell, on Linux, Tk isn't including the height of the menu bar when calculating that minimum size (but *is* including it when it prevents making the window too small). I also haven't found a way to calculate that size difference, so I could offset it manually... basically, don't feel too bad :)

(Should someone have a brilliant idea about how to fix that, please report it on the issue tracker)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:19:22 am by Pidgeot »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 04, 2015, 03:21:19 pm »

Any idea if that occurs with Dricus's Qt/Pyside launcher?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 04, 2015, 05:26:35 pm »

Any idea if that occurs with Dricus's Qt/Pyside launcher?

The sizing issue? I'm pretty sure it's a problem with Tkinter, rather than Linux in general, so the Qt UI is likely fine. Once that one is ready to be used instead, I'd expect it to go away on its own.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 05, 2015, 05:46:15 am »

(Should someone have a brilliant idea about how to fix that, please report it on the issue tracker)

So, the menus don't expose their sizes through the geometry command like you would expect them to (they claim to be 1x1) - but they did return certain size *requirements* (even if they seemed to not be satisfied). I couldn't really make sense of these values, though, because the required height was way larger than it should be.

It turns out that these requirements are determined by the *type* of the menubar, not the context in which it appears - you need to set the type correctly from the beginning to extract the correct height. Once I did that, it was just a matter of adding that value to the minimum size for Linux.

The next build should therefore fix this issue. I think that'll be out no later than sometime next week - *maybe* even this weekend - but it depends on a few other things, so no promises.

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 10, 2015, 08:25:34 am »

Cross-posting error report as fricy advises it is the LNP that is the cause. Latest build of TWBT is at link.
I downloaded the latest Lazy Newb Pack for Linux (dfhack 0.40.24-r2) and TWBT is not working, with the following error messages.

Plugin twbt was not built for this version of DFHack.
Plugin: 0.40.24-r1, DFHack: 0.40.24-r2
multilevel is not a recognized command.

Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

Beautato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Newb Pack Linux
« Reply #238 on: March 29, 2015, 08:16:07 pm »

Update: 29th, Mar 2015

R3 - updated Pidgeot's PyLNP to 0.9.5a, updated Dwarf Therapist to v31, TWBT 5.43 some bug fixes from @miffedmap and @lethosor Thank you so much bug slayers!

Please also check out the project page here: https://github.com/Lazy-Newb-Pack/Lazy-Newb-Pack-Linux/

Download:

x64 Linux available on DFFD

for i686 Linux see Github Releases Here

Website Download [probably faster]:
x64 Website

i686 Website

Similar packages also available in windows and Mac:
Windows Version: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack
Mac Version: Fricy's MacNewbie Pack

Carlo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 30, 2015, 02:26:28 am »

hi all
i hope this is the right forum section:

i'm running sparkylinux (a debian testing)
i've downloaded the latest lnp, and when i say ./startlpn i get something like this:
Warning: Color name "WINDOW_BACKGROUND" is not defined
xterm: unable to allocate fg/bg colors

any hint what's wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22