Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.24 with Dwarf Therapist/DFhack  (Read 164625 times)

chamber

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.16 with Dwarf Therapist/DFhack
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2014, 12:38:27 pm »

Do you have dfhack enabled? If so, does dfhack start DF from the terminal (cd DF_DIR, ./dfhack)

holiday_hawk seems to be reporting the same problem as I did in the post above him, so I'll jump in. When I run dfhack directly, I get this error:

./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by ./hack/libprotobuf-lite.so)

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2014, 04:38:39 am »

on arch64 and getting error when trying to launch

was there a fix for this i tried reading thread but didnt see anything

$ ./startlnp
/bin/sh: symbol lookup error: /bin/sh: undefined symbol: rl_signal_event_hook

...this was supposed to be fixed with the most recent builds of PyLNP. Are you using the latest pack? Can you try downloading a fresh PyLNP binary, just to make sure?

ZEbbEDY

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2014, 01:37:55 pm »

Thanks for the reply, I am using the latest version from the opening post (downloaded it again just now to make sure) ahd the same error, then i tried with the binary from your link and still get the same problem

appreciate the help

[@arch LNP-PyLNP-linux-v0.40.16r1.p454qt5]$ ./startlnp

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2014, 01:39:11 pm »

Do you have dfhack enabled? If so, does dfhack start DF from the terminal (cd DF_DIR, ./dfhack)

holiday_hawk seems to be reporting the same problem as I did in the post above him, so I'll jump in. When I run dfhack directly, I get this error:

./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by ./hack/libprotobuf-lite.so)

I think this is something to do with having the wrong version of GNU Compiler Collection (GCC). You can check your version with gcc -v in terminal. I have the same problem on my Linux Mint 17 box with GCC-4.8.2 but the Ubuntu 14.04 one with GCC-4.9.2 works just fine. The bizarre thing is that this is all DF with GCC-4.5.4 and GCC is meant to be backwards compatible.

The first thing I will try is to copy libstdc++.so.6 from my Ubuntu machine to df_linux/libs on the Linux Mint one.
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2014, 02:44:28 pm »

You're using a GCC 4.9 build of DFHack (which is strange, since this pack claims to only distribute GCC 4.5 builds), but GCC 4.9 isn't installed/available on your system. Try replacing the hack folder with the one from here.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

chamber

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2014, 03:59:58 pm »

You're using a GCC 4.9 build of DFHack (which is strange, since this pack claims to only distribute GCC 4.5 builds), but GCC 4.9 isn't installed/available on your system. Try replacing the hack folder with the one from here.

Thanks; that version of DFHack works for me. Now I'm having issues with Dwarf Therapist, but I'll make a separate post.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2014, 04:19:38 pm »

Thanks for the reply, I am using the latest version from the opening post (downloaded it again just now to make sure) ahd the same error, then i tried with the binary from your link and still get the same problem

appreciate the help

[@arch LNP-PyLNP-linux-v0.40.16r1.p454qt5]$ ./startlnp

What happens if you run the PyLNP binary directly? (Please start it from a terminal, and please check stdout.txt and stderr.txt after running it.)

chamber

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2014, 04:38:22 pm »

I can't get Dwarf Therapist to connect with this build. I've loaded up a fort and hit "connect to DF", but it just gives me the "please re-connect when a fort is loaded" error. Any idea what's wrong with Dwarf Therapist?

Looking in the console, I see that each click on the "connect" button dumps a ton of "ERROR" lines to the console (so many that I can't scroll up far enough to see the first one). Here's the last few:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm trying Therapist with 2 versions of LNP: the normal version with DFHack disabled, and a version where I've pasted in a special DFHack version lethosor linked to above. This problem is happening with both. When I have both open at once, Therapist even says "Multiple Dwarf Fortress processes found, please choose the process to use" and a dropdown with 2 PIDs. So it's detecting DF, but it can't connect to either.

ZEbbEDY

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2014, 05:25:46 pm »

it starts, i should have been clearer I can start the LNP menu thing but then when i click on play i get the error through the console, have tried enabling and disabling dfhack

the stderr file says

Code: [Select]
Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 1486, in __call__
  File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 50, in run_df
Exception: Failed to run Dwarf Fortress.

(not sure what that 'michael' means)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:05:55 pm by ZEbbEDY »

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2014, 05:45:11 am »

Aha! That works, thanks.

So as a bug report, of sorts, the LNP says it is DF for GCC-4.5.4 but this appears to be incorrect, so either the pack's description should be fixed or the pack itself.
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2014, 10:57:46 am »

I have had problems with Therapist before. It must be run as root and have permissions to work properly. After some fiddling with permissions, it worked fine.

You are 3 versions behind. Never mind, at least you're doing better than Masterwork, though I know he is on a cycling tour and not working right now.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 05:32:21 pm by Urist Uristurister »
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2014, 04:57:19 pm »

it starts, i should have been clearer I can start the LNP menu thing but then when i click on play i get the error through the console, have tried enabling and disabling dfhack
Right, I'll think about whether there's anything else I can do, but until then, I can only suggest you download and run the source code - it should only be an issue with the pre-compiled build. You may need to install a package from your package manager to get Tkinter support in your Python installation.

(not sure what that 'michael' means)

That'd be from the path where the executable was built (you see, it's my name).

Gaelmare

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2014, 01:09:29 am »

After manually following all the steps laid out nicely above, and getting both df and dfhack to work, I still can't figure out whether stonesense or isoworld are supposed to be working in this pack? The dfhack github says something cryptic about downloading stonesense separately, but that may be outdated.

Any ideas? Is stonesense available in the current versions?

Thanks!

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2014, 04:22:15 am »

Is stonesense available in the current versions?

No, stonesense isn't shipped in the LNP v0.40.16r1.

You can build dfhack yourself though and get stonesense if you want.

qurvax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2014, 05:17:53 am »

Are there, by any chance, 64bit versions of DF, and a way to run it without X?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22