Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.24 with Dwarf Therapist/DFhack  (Read 164698 times)

Oblique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.12 with Dwarf Therapist
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2014, 01:59:50 am »

In a certain version of R0, 40.12,  i may have had the pack/LNP/lnp.yaml pointing at DFhack
Just for the sake of completion, confirming that the first copy I downloaded does indeed have 'dfExecutable: dfhack' in lnp.yaml, presumably from when you had to remove dfhack just prior to R1. All is well, move along, thanks for making this for us lazy people  8)

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.09 with Dwarf Therapist
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2014, 09:09:53 pm »

I'm also on gentoo, actually.  I solved the png issue by just recompiling libgraphics.so (via this repo ), putting the output libgraphics.so in df_linux/libs, and removing all other lib* files in there.

edit: I should also note that I have a slight patch against that repo to get it to work with how gentoo installs ncurses:

diff --git a/CMakeLists.txt b/CMakeLists.txt
index ff71ddc..56b4f40 100644
--- a/CMakeLists.txt
+++ b/CMakeLists.txt
@@ -12,6 +12,7 @@ endif()
 add_definitions(-Dunix -Dlinux -std=c++11)

find_package(OpenGL REQUIRED)
+set(SDL_BUILDING_LIBRARY TRUE)
 find_package(SDL REQUIRED)
 find_package(SDL_image REQUIRED)
 find_package(SDL_ttf REQUIRED)
@@ -58,7 +59,7 @@ include_directories(
     ${GLEW_INCLUDE_DIRS}
     ${FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIRS}
     ${X11_INCLUDE_DIR}
-    ${CURSES_INCLUDE_DIR}
+    /usr/include/ncursesw
 )

add_library(graphics SHARED ${SOURCES})

Thank you for the link and the patch! I finally have DF running properly on Gentoo without having to replace all the jpg's with symbolic links to the bmps/
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".

wonko

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.10 with Dwarf Therapist
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2014, 05:23:55 pm »

I had the same problem. Your stdc++ libraries need to be updated.
I am running Ubuntu 14.04
After a bunch of googling, here's what I did

Code: [Select]
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Thank you so much! Running Trusty (Mate) it now works!

thedurpypandaman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.13 with Dwarf Therapist
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2014, 12:13:18 pm »

I'm getting this error when trying to start DFhack, can anyone help?

./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by ./hack/libprotobuf-lite.so)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2014, 03:01:40 pm »

Try replacing DFHack with this build.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

thedurpypandaman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2014, 05:29:36 pm »

Thank you it worked. :D

Beautato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Newb Pack Linux
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2014, 01:49:37 pm »

I am switching to PyLNP for the main interface, it has a number of advantages over Driscus's  and is being actively maintained. Here is a copy of the readme if you are interested in learning more about it.

I am also going to be making more packages with variations on the package since I can't seem to get andrew18's df-lnp-installer working with the newest version of DT/DF. It seems more likely that the PyLNP will one date allow you to auto update/compile Dwarf Therapist and other utilities before getting the old scripts to work.

@lethosor  I invited you to the group of maintainers for the LNP linux group as you have been instrumental in helping a lot of people trouble shoot problems on the forums.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2014, 01:54:57 pm »

Bluh, I need far too many stuffs to get this to work on Lucid Puppy. Is there any chance of a .pet version or so? Not even sure if it can be done...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2014, 02:09:44 pm »

Here is a copy of the readme if you are interested in learning more about it.

Minor detail: It isn't a Markdown file, it's reStructuredText (so you should probably name it .rst instead).

dovla

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2014, 06:42:16 am »

Thanks, this also fixes the "Process exited with the value of 0" when launching DF from the LNP main interface.

Beautato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Newb Pack Linux
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2014, 01:02:40 pm »

The package has switched from Dricus's Lazy Newb Pack Java interface to Pidgeot's PyLNP 0.6 Lazy Newb Pack Python interface which being activly maintained and has graphics pack patching. I will continue to host the Linux Lazy Newb Pack 0.40.13 (GCC 4.9.1) with Dricus Interface at this DFFD,  but all future packages will be using Pidgeot's PyLNP and require Python 2.7 to run. New varying packages have been added in an attempt to be more compatible with different distros.

x64 PyLNP Interface

i686 PyLNP Interface

Please also check out the project page moved here: https://github.com/Lazy-Newb-Pack/Lazy-Newb-Pack-Linux/

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2014, 06:22:07 pm »

all future packages will be using Pidgeot's PyLNP and require Python 2.7 to run.

The binary build you're using is stand-alone - no Python install required. (Although it is, admittedly, difficult to find a Linux installation without Python these days, so it's not that big of a difference, really.)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2014, 12:07:31 pm »

Just a heads-up, I'm getting untrusted connection errors with your site, Beautato. Seems like the certificate info is invalid.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Siilis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2014, 02:26:05 pm »

Hey! First of all, I wanted to say thank you for keeping this up to date. Second, it seems like the i686 PyLNP download links aren't working, they show up that the file cannot be found. Can you please update the links?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2014, 02:32:02 pm »

Do the downloads on Github work?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22