Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.24 with Dwarf Therapist/DFhack  (Read 164597 times)

paxy97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Newb Pack Linux V0.40.23 with Dwarf Therapist/DFhack
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2015, 09:04:53 pm »

I can't run DF from the launcher. In the launchers log output it gives me this:

Code: [Select]
Exception in Tkinter callback

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/Tkinter", line 1486, in __call__

File "/home/michael/Desktop/df/python_lnp/build/lnp/out00-PYZ.pyz/core.launcher", line 50, in run_df

Exception: Failed to run Dwarf Fortress.

but I think that the output from the terminal where I ran ./startlnp will be more helpful:

pavle@HQ-Linux:~/Downloads/04023r2-x64$ ./startlnp
No value set for `/desktop/gnome/applications/terminal/exec'
No value set for `/desktop/gnome/applications/terminal/exec_arg'
xdg-terminal: configured terminal program '' not found or not executable

I installed all the libs and I can run dfhack manually from the df-linux folder, but the issue seems to come from not starting a new terminal for dfhack. I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x64 (freshly installed today, complete wipe). If there's anything else I should provide just tell me. I'm experienced with linux, so I tried all the things you try first (like turn it off and on again xD) also no need to go full on noob with me :) Thank you all in advance, Love you xD

Edit: Oh and I searched for the issue on google and fiddled a bit with gsettings and setting the default terminal, but it didn't work, I messed up something and it ended up in me reinstalling ubuntu, cause I broke too many things
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:30:33 pm by paxy97 »
Don't Panic!

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
  • Gobo the other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 18, 2015, 04:05:13 am »

Did you have all the Python related dependent packages installed and up to date?
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

I will be so god damn proud if AMBASSADOR bites your head off.

Danquebec

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 18, 2015, 10:56:03 am »

Hi,

I’m on Fedora 21, on architecture x64.

I installed the i686 versions of SDL, mesa-libGLU, gtk2, openal-soft, libjpeg-turbo.

I installed java-1.8.0-openjdk, git, mercurial. I already had python 2 installed. I had almost all “fairly standard” libraries, and installed the ones that I didn’t have. For qmake, I installed qt5-qtbase-devel and qt5-qtbase. From what I can gather on the Web, it seems to contain qtmake.

I execute startlnp and I click on “Play Dwarf Fortress!”. I either get a dark grey window that appears and disappears immediately after and the following error, or just the following error:
nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout

I have no idea what that error means.

In my folder, I have a stderr.txt and a stdout.txt. They’re both empty.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 11:59:39 am by Danquebec »

Earz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 18, 2015, 03:00:38 pm »

To make it work on Fedora 21 you will need to compile libgraphics from https://github.com/svenstaro/dwarf_fortress_unfuck and replace df_linux/libs/libgraphics.so with it (make sure it's the 0.40.23 version)
Also remove df_linux/libs/libstdc++.so.6

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 18, 2015, 04:37:36 pm »

To make it work on Fedora 21 you will need to compile libgraphics from https://github.com/svenstaro/dwarf_fortress_unfuck and replace df_linux/libs/libgraphics.so with it (make sure it's the 0.40.23 version)
Also remove df_linux/libs/libstdc++.so.6
If DF's copy of libgraphics won't work because of zlib or libpng issues, try the fix from here.

Hi,

I’m on Fedora 21, on architecture x64.

I installed the i686 versions of SDL, mesa-libGLU, gtk2, openal-soft, libjpeg-turbo.

I installed java-1.8.0-openjdk, git, mercurial. I already had python 2 installed. I had almost all “fairly standard” libraries, and installed the ones that I didn’t have. For qmake, I installed qt5-qtbase-devel and qt5-qtbase. From what I can gather on the Web, it seems to contain qtmake.

I execute startlnp and I click on “Play Dwarf Fortress!”. I either get a dark grey window that appears and disappears immediately after and the following error, or just the following error:
nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout

I have no idea what that error means.

In my folder, I have a stderr.txt and a stdout.txt. They’re both empty.
What happens if you run the "dfhack" shell script in the DF folder (or "df" if it doesn't exist)?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

paxy97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 18, 2015, 04:52:55 pm »

Did you have all the Python related dependent packages installed and up to date?

I have all the deps from OP, except I installed oracle's jdk instead of openjdk, but that should make no difference. Are there any unlisted python deps? I don't use python at all, so I have no idea about it
Don't Panic!

Danquebec

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 18, 2015, 09:28:02 pm »

@Earz

Thank you! I did what you told me to do and it works perfectly!

@lethosor

Thank you, but I didn’t need to do that. Doing what Earz told me to do did it. It works.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 20, 2015, 03:51:41 am »

@paxy97

In your original post I was doing some closer looking and it looks like you might have a problem with Tkinter which is a GuiProgramming toolkit for Python. this site might be able to give you some more answers than I canhttps://wiki.python.org/moin/TkInter. I also saw something else in your original post the line
xdg-terminal: configured terminal program '' not found or not executable is odd in my search of google for said line it is missing what it is missing. this is the format I found it in my searches
xdg-terminal: configured terminal program 'ProgramNameHere' not found or not executable so their might be something funny going on with your terminal emulator. I am sorry that I do not have my sage in linux to better help out.

[edit: I forgot the link :P]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 03:54:29 am by Dramegno »
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 20, 2015, 09:40:11 pm »

okay I found the reason for my dwarf therapist, issue. It turns out that the newest stable version of said utility is only compatible with versions of df up to 40.19. It looks like they are in the testing phase for df version 40.24 but I have no idea when it will be on git hub for download. I didn't see any indication of this in the few pages of this thread that I read. It would have been nice for a note in the first post about dwarf therapist, to prevent noob confusion with people like me.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 20, 2015, 09:41:14 pm »

Doesn't the version in this pack work with 0.40.23? If not (and I'd be surprised), you can grab memory layouts from Github, which should work with the most recent version of DT.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 21, 2015, 12:32:28 am »

okay that gives me a lot more questions than answers, the share folder in the dwarf therapist folder has the memory maps. I have downloaded all of the dependencies listed in the original post and listed at splinterz's git hub for the project and I am still unable to launch dwarf therapist from any of the launchers in the lnp gui or in the lnp utilities folders except for the launcher in the dist sub-folder in the provided Dwarf Therapist build in lnp. since my original post about my problem I have went from the current Kali build to Debian (jessie) and I have all the same issues with it. Also I have noticed that the one that the .sh that does open the program is targeted to my /usr folder and not the lnp folder, so what am i doing wrong here?

[edit: Jessie uses libjpeg62-turbo instead of libjpeg62:i386 if that helps.]
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 12:47:19 am by Dramegno »

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2015, 07:05:05 pm »

Hi,

Sorry for asking, is there any LNP Linux scheduled for DF 40.24?

Thanks!

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 24, 2015, 03:56:53 am »

From my understanding the maintainers of this glorious program has to wait mainly for df hack to update so the plugins can update then they can start updating this as each plugin gets released. Df hack has released a beta or r0 version for 40.24. So if we are lucky this could update in the next week or so. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 24, 2015, 09:02:51 pm »

I got my Dwarf Therapist to launch from the lnp launcher I copied the dwarftherapist files from my usr/bin folder to the LNP/utilities/dwarf_therapist folder I was able to launch from the launcher and get it to work. So I guess that even though I technically had the dependencies for it I might have a different version of their dependencies that made it where the file supplied was incompatible with my system some how or another... Thanks for all of the support from the Linux LNP community.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 24, 2015, 09:21:01 pm »

There is a 0.40.24 release up on GitHub.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22