Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Body part problems  (Read 5495 times)

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Body part problems
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2014, 11:41:38 pm »

Do the tarsal spurs have a tissue and a material defined for them? I don't have any idea how to do that, but if they're melting weirdly that's probably related.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
  • Crystal blades and Scaled plate, Razors of Dawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2014, 11:43:16 pm »

Ok yeah that explaens the problym. I had that problym earlier but i fyxed it; but I forgot to fyx it for Reborn and Chosen
Scales and fangs, Cydaela and blade, Crystal and fire! March, Kizaurun! March to glory and to vengeance! March for the Razors of Dawn!

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2014, 11:59:21 pm »

Errorlog eliminated, howevyr chosen styll melt. Only tarsals though.
Scales and fangs, Cydaela and blade, Crystal and fire! March, Kizaurun! March to glory and to vengeance! March for the Razors of Dawn!

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2014, 03:49:19 pm »

ok yeah its been a while. I got help from a friend, and fynally fyxed all those problyms. So now, onto the next matter on the agenda... The entity fyle!
While it mostly seems to work there is one problym. In-gaem, wyth fifty-nine people, only four noble positions are available. Enforcer, warden, Wilder Archon, and healer. Its rather important I get the others to work because wythout the Envoy of stone/heart of stone, I cant trade or book-keep.

on another note, I seem to get disproportionately high ammounts of spawners and androspawners, leading to me having way, way, WAY too many children. Also I need to thynk of better naems for the castes synce the youngest kizaurun are 'also' called spawners... I guess they should just be spawn.
On one fynal note, does anybody know how to maek them undergo a transformation as they age? I want them to start out as something aking to tadpoles, then transform into Kizaur afterwards.

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2014, 03:58:52 pm »

So far, all creature younglings are simply mini-versions, so I doubt it'd be supported by the game. I don't think there's a way to make something's offspring be not of the same kind as whatever spawned it. Well, I don't know of any, but then I don't know all that much...
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2014, 04:16:50 pm »

You could do something kind of insane: Give all [female] kizaurun an interaction with no usage_hints, so they spam it whenever they can. The interaction should do a body_transformation to turn the infant into a tadpole with a duration of 10 years or whatever. When the tadpole transformation runs out, the kizaurun 'mature' into the form they should have been all along.

This might even work, but the trick is using proper interaction targeting so that each kizaurun can be targeted exactly once. Perhaps add a tag that doesn't do much in game, like [NO_DIZZY] or something? Or put [NO_NAUSEA] on the kizaurun by default and have the interaction require only [NO_NAUSEA] creatures and remove [NO_NAUSEA] from them. Side effect: your tadpoles won't vomit.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]