Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Body part problems  (Read 5499 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Body part problems
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2014, 04:40:54 pm »

First of all is that you will need an inorganic or creature/plant material that boils at low temperatures. This material will carry a syndrome that will affect the kizaur that are caught within the cloud.

Then you will need to make a reaction that creates this substance when run.

And for examples:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The inorganic carries two syndromes. One to turn normal males into warrior males and one to turn normal females into warrior females. This transformation is permanent, as the syndrome has no specified end. Though for these syndromes to work there must be castes called NORMAL_M, NORMAL_F, WARRIOR_M, and WARRIOR_F. It works when it comes into contact with a kizaur, or if it is inhaled, ingested, or injected.

This reaction will take any item and output a boulder made out of the inorganic example I posted above. You will need to change which workshop uses the reaction, as at the moment it uses the kitchen. If temperature is turned on, then once the boulder is created it will immediately boil into a cloud, which should affect the kizaur that ran the reaction, as well as any normal kizaur that wander too close.

Then all you have to do is add in a reaction permission into the kizaur entity.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
  • Crystal blades and Scaled plate, Razors of Dawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2014, 08:48:25 pm »

Danke! I thynk thats... Yeah, thats all I need to know!
Wyl im taking a break from modding to actually play the game for a bit, but as soon as I get back to it, I wyl be adding all these reactions...  Sorry if my questions are a bit repetitive, btw. I thynk I have asked thys same question innumerable tymes...
But wow, thats alot simpler than I thought it would be.
Scales and fangs, Cydaela and blade, Crystal and fire! March, Kizaurun! March to glory and to vengeance! March for the Razors of Dawn!

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2014, 05:09:21 am »

OK! testing phase one complete!

modified files below, after those i wyl explain results.

There ARE reactions to maek them assume these new castes, but as it is im basically just trying to get the castes to work at all. So, the Reborn and Chosen castes dont work. They have a whole bunch of body part copies (so they have lyke seventy arms), bleed to death- (No, not MORE melting! and I just fyxed that issue!) and gyve me all these errors

The only other files that have been changed are the reaction files, but just ignore those errors until we fyx the castes.

So, any idea why its doing thys? I knew trying to have different castes have different body files would be problematic...
Scales and fangs, Cydaela and blade, Crystal and fire! March, Kizaurun! March to glory and to vengeance! March for the Razors of Dawn!

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2014, 12:45:13 pm »

do you have fractal bodies where an arm has a body has some arms that have a body?

If you have different castes with different bodyplans, you need to define bodyparts exclusively inside castes.

Bodyparts are added to the bodyparts that are there currently. Which can lead to some weird behavior.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2014, 04:53:32 pm »

oh, ok. So I have to move hte regular bodies into the various regular castes. I can do that. Wyl get back wyth results shortly

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2014, 05:25:51 pm »

ok, thanks about that! they work. Ish. Kynda. Not really. But they styll work bettyr.
Wyl they were melting to death, but that apparently fixed itself. I dydnt change anything, they just suddenly started working. Odd.
So, theres probably more problems but the only one that I noticed straight awae was that they couldnt seem to strike their foes. Also, they dont have their Tarsal spurs lyke the warriors do (reffering to reborn here btw)
so I guess, im going to repost the entirety of the raws agaen because theres alot of varied updates to them. So, my present short-term objectives are;
1) hammer out the various errors in the Reborn and Warrior castes
2) get reactions to work that transform them into reborn/warrior castes
3) what I predict wyl be the hardest.... Add new attacks; Magma spit for Reborn, Tarsal strike for both reborn and warrior. Tarsal strike is an edged attack, Magma spit is basically just spit, except at dragonfire temperature.

anywaes, I thynk I can get magma spit to work myself but im styl confused about how to get organic edged attacks to work. Also, I dont know if the reactions have problyms yet but they might... But fyrst off, lets work on these errors! Heres the errorlog, wyl post the rest of the fyles immediately aftyrwards.

And once agaen, thank you so much for all your help.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2014, 05:26:54 pm »

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2014, 05:29:17 pm »

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2014, 05:30:28 pm »

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2014, 05:33:03 pm »

Wyl, thats it. Those are all my fyles. Every single last one, other than the language fyle because that was just wae too long.
Wow. Hard to believe I maed all these. Wyth your help, of course.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2014, 05:51:23 pm »

Your attacks are defined before the body parts that the attacks rely on.

To make a creature's natural attack do edged damage, just give the attack [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]

Some body parts within your kizaurun chosen's body have [CON:UPPERBODY], but your upperbody's ID is UB. You could either change it to [CONTYPE:UPPERBODY] or to [CON:UB]

To make them spit magma, you could make the interaction's material INORGANIC:NONE. Though you could use a new inorganic for it if you want it to actually be at the same temperature as dragon's fire. Also, the way the spit is set up is not completely correct, as it is asking for a spit material, but your creature does not have a spit material defined. It will probably spit another material that is within the creature, such as its tears.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2014, 06:51:16 pm »

could I have an example of a working edged attack so that I know how to do it?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2014, 06:53:38 pm »

Sure. Here's a dwarf's scratching attack:
Code: [Select]
[ATTACK:SCRATCH:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:GRASP:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:NAIL]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:scratch:scratches]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2014, 10:38:15 pm »

Wyl I just maed alot of changes and fyxed alot of problyms, but fynally I have gotten it to a point that I cannot go beyond wythout help. So... here it is.

That is the errorlog of course. Um, some other problyms...
Warriors tarsal spurs are mylting agaen. But they dont really bleed to death, just their tarsals melt. which is the unique body part for that caste, of course. Um, also my Reborn Magma Spit doesnt seem to cause anything to boil awae into burning damnation. so we should taek a look at that too. Coming up, creature, body, and tissue files. Not all of them, just the editted parts.

there are also alot of wyrd typo problyms, so unless a typo is directly responsible for one of the problyms I mentioned just ignore it.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2014, 11:38:31 pm »

The problem is pretty simple. The body detail plan for reborn and chosen don't have any tissues defined for [CATEGORY:NECK]. Same thing for the tarsal spurs, there's nothing in the body detail plan for [CATEGORY:TARSAL_UPPER] or [CATEGORY:TARSAL_LOWER].
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 11:40:33 pm by vjmdhzgr »
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5