Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Body part problems  (Read 5497 times)

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
  • Crystal blades and Scaled plate, Razors of Dawn!
    • View Profile
Re: Body part problems
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2014, 06:44:31 pm »

I KNEW I was messsing up the inorganic-organic thingamum!

Im going to go try to fyx that now. Then im going to go add the color fyles and Mycrocrystal templates/Crystal templates which for some reason dydnt get added.
Scales and fangs, Cydaela and blade, Crystal and fire! March, Kizaurun! March to glory and to vengeance! March for the Razors of Dawn!

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2014, 07:24:45 pm »

ook I have a new boatload of errors. Lets see here, fyrst the updated raws...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(last ones not the whole fyle, just the part that was modified.)

oh also im not posytive but im pretty sure that the blood is broken too
Scales and fangs, Cydaela and blade, Crystal and fire! March, Kizaurun! March to glory and to vengeance! March for the Razors of Dawn!

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2014, 07:26:35 pm »

oh almost forgot.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2014, 07:34:23 pm »

[NECK] isn't a token. Also, your neck is still trying to connect to itself because it has [CON_CAT:NECK]

Not sure why it decided it no longer likes the inorganics though.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2014, 07:50:34 pm »

They now have a head and stuff. Oh also, they styll have magma blood. I dont know how to make them use Cydaela for blood.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2014, 07:54:54 pm »

Did you name the inorganic file correctly? That's all I can think of.

It also looks like tissues aren't being applied to the throat, snout, or head.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2014, 08:01:35 pm »

now why arent there tissues in the throat snout or head?!? I am befuddled by thys strange circumstance.

The fyle is named correctly and everything.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2014, 08:11:45 pm »

Your snout has CATEGORY:NOSE, but the body detail plan is trying to apply tissues BY_CATEGORY:SNOUT

Your upper spine and your throat both have CATEGORY:THROAT, and nothing in the detail plan applies tissues to parts of that category.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2014, 08:27:20 pm »

Wyl thats one problym fyxed. Styll have innumerable inorganic error things for some reason though. Dont know what to do about those.

Wow, though. THeres some wyrd shyt that I messed up on. Why was the neck called the upper spine?

anywaes, now theres jsut thys

Soon as I fynish thys I can fynally go use my mod for the fyrst tyme in pretty much forevyr.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2014, 08:46:52 pm »

That's a bit strange, as when I put the inorganics into my game, they seem to work. The kizaurun even bleed cydaela properly.

The only issue it gives me is that it can't find aeynstyrm, which is used in the eversight template.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2014, 08:50:07 pm »

Really?!?

OK now im REALLY confused. WTF?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2014, 08:55:30 pm »

I can't think of why the inorganics aren't recognized.

I thought it may be an issue with the file, but if it is named correctly like you said then I don't know what it could be.

You could try moving the inorganics into a pre-existing inorganic file to make certain that it is not an issue with the custom file you are using.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2014, 09:52:48 pm »

I can confirm that it works fine for me. The only remaining error that I don't see the fix for mentioned here is "ADYB: Could not locate material template METAL". Also the Kizaur are missing the tokens    [CDI:USAGE_HINT:NEGATIVE_SOCIAL_RESPONSE] and [CDI:USAGE_HINT:TORMENT] under the spit reaction causing them to spit randomly all the time (at least you told me they do I haven't tested myself as I posted this immediately after compiling the files).
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2014, 09:56:17 pm »

The irony.

So let me get thys straight. My mod works for everybody in the world, except me, the only person actually trying to use my mod.
WTF?

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2014, 05:06:27 am »

*claps hands together*
O-k! got that sorted out! turns out that I had the wrong fyle type for the inorganic fyles. After fyxing a few other problyms, my mod is officially playable!
Next step; Add Spawner (female) and Androspawner castes, and provyde reactions to either change spawners/androspawners into regular kizaurun and vice versa.
Step aftyr that; Add in Wyvern, Basilisk, Rifter, and Wyrm creatures. That wyl mostly just be tyme consuming.
Fynal step; Add in Warrior and Reborn castes, as well as reactions to turn kizaurun into warrior and reborn castes.
But fyrst things fyrst...
could somebody gyve me a rundown on how to maek a caste-changing reaction? I have been told that I have to do it alot, but I styll dont know HOW to actually do it.

PS, thanks for all your help internet.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5