Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Body part problems  (Read 5496 times)

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
  • Crystal blades and Scaled plate, Razors of Dawn!
    • View Profile
Re: Body part problems
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 08:00:23 pm »

And finally the errorlog!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Scales and fangs, Cydaela and blade, Crystal and fire! March, Kizaurun! March to glory and to vengeance! March for the Razors of Dawn!

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2014, 08:04:53 pm »

I mean I am not very good at this, but some of your melting points are impossibly high.

Degrees Urist are stored as a 16-bit, so they theoretically only go up to 65k, and practically they're capped at 60k.  60 thousand and one is a special value, according to the wiki.

Dragonfire, which is 36 thousand degrees hotter than anything else, is only 50k. I would cap all your melting points off at 55k and see what happens.

(the SVYRAN, in particular, worries me. 600k modulo 65535 is just above room temperature.)

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2014, 08:11:45 pm »

Wyll, they are all melting to death. Somehow im not too worried about the melting points being too high.
Anyways, Syvran is supposed to be immune to heat. Completely, utterly, one hundred percent immune.
Scales and fangs, Cydaela and blade, Crystal and fire! March, Kizaurun! March to glory and to vengeance! March for the Razors of Dawn!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2014, 08:14:24 pm »

Only gave it a cursory glance, but it appears that you have two inorganics with the ID of BLODHSTRAND, which are both defined between BLODHGLAND and CYDAELA.

Your emissary of stone position within your entity has REQUIRES_POPULATON instead of REQUIRES_POPULATION

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2014, 08:17:02 pm »

That explains the requires population problem, imma go fix that.
Um, about the id of blodhstrand thing, what does that really mean? I dont really understand what your saying.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2014, 08:19:04 pm »

Wyll, they are all melting to death. Somehow im not too worried about the melting points being too high.
Anyways, Syvran is supposed to be immune to heat. Completely, utterly, one hundred percent immune.
If you define a melting point of 70 thousand, the game treats it as a melting point of 4465. Which is about five thousand degrees colder than the melting point of water.

Melting point none and heatdam/colddam none will get you what you want(i think)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 08:21:33 pm »

The two [INORGANIC:BLODHSTRAND]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If two things of the same type have the same ID the game gets confused. This is where duplicated raw errors come from, as two creatures/plants/materials/etc. have the same identifier. ID being the first line of each material/creature/plant/etc.

For example, CREATURE:DWARF defines a dwarf's internal identifier as DWARF, and iron's ID is IRON, because that is the ID given when the object definition is created.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 08:23:37 pm by BlackFlyme »

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 08:36:18 pm »

ok, I fixed those things. Got rid of the 'requires populaton' error, but other than that no noticeable difference.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2014, 11:50:33 pm »

Creating new creatures from a reaction will require DFHack. If you are modding for an older version this is not a problem, but DFHack hasn't updated for the current version of Dwarf Fortress yet.
A little late, but technically you can create new creatures without the use of DFHack, it's just highly complicated and requires jumping through a lot of hoops (involving no less than 2 transformations and a revive effect).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2014, 04:06:13 am »

Why is it so hard to just get an inanimate object t turn into a creature?

Lyke im surprised that its not easier. Why cant it be done?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2014, 01:05:04 pm »

Why is it so hard to just get an inanimate object t turn into a creature?

Lyke im surprised that its not easier. Why cant it be done?
Mainly because support for creating proper creatures in the smelter doesn't work yet (probably because you shouldn't be carrying proper creatures and stuffing them inside a workshop). As such changing an object into a creature requires you to use up the object and then clone/change your creature or use DFHack to make one.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2014, 03:19:52 am »

Is there a particular reason I couldnt just have the item be used up? Lyke why couldnt i just do the clone/change thing you mentioned to create them?

Oh, and uh im back now... just to maek this clear... Nobody has any idea why my creatures dont work?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2014, 12:48:54 pm »

Is there a particular reason I couldnt just have the item be used up? Lyke why couldnt i just do the clone/change thing you mentioned to create them?

Oh, and uh im back now... just to maek this clear... Nobody has any idea why my creatures dont work?

The DFHack spawn script can be triggered through a reaction, so you could have a reaction that uses up a few items and outputs a creature.

The problem with interactions is probably because of the fact that getting it to work is a bit awkward, as it requires two interactions, and a custom creature with a custom body. It also uses transformations to work, so any injured units that perform the interaction will be fully healed, even if they were missing limbs or body part functions. There may also be an issue with the fact that the new creature is basically a clone of the old one, but I don't completely know of what issues there might be.

I had a thought of what might be wrong. Your cydaela has [MELTING_POINT:96000], which is higher than other materials within the body. As you set the blood to be in liquid form, it may be at its melted temperature, making your creature extremely hot. But I don't know for certain, as I haven't done much with temperatures before.

Dyrxaend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2014, 11:55:34 am »

um, wyll that cant be the problem for several reasons.

1) Cydaela as the blood isnt even working, they have magma blood for some reason.
2) They dydnt work when they had regular blood either.

Could you please try using the fyles in a gaem? otherwyse I wyll likely forget some of the details and stuff...

(PS: havent had steady access to my laptop, so sorry bout the sporadic replies.)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2014, 02:35:18 pm »

Tried putting it into the game, but there wasn't anything relevant in the errorlog. Just complaints because I didn't have the colours that go with the materials.

Also, your creature can't see. I've tried adding [SIGHT] to the eyes, but that didn't seem to work. I can't think of a reason for this one. Edit: Fixed it. The head wasn't connected properly. Strange that it wasn't tossing errors at that. You don't have a body part with the category of NECK, which is what both your throat and your neck are trying to connect to.

But I was able to stop the spontaneous bleeding. All of your tissue templates used LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT when it should have been INORGANIC, since you were using inorganics defined within the inorganic file instead of materials.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:42:36 pm by BlackFlyme »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5