Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFHack for 0.40 and Masterwork.  (Read 4096 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
DFHack for 0.40 and Masterwork.
« on: July 19, 2014, 08:13:32 pm »

So I just realized something: with the way invasions, migrants etc. work in the current DF release (actual armies actually crossing the world map to get to your fort), the "force event" script I made will almost surely not work with 0.40 and may not have a replacement for a while, if ever.

So I guess you'll have to live with that...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: DFHack for 0.40 and Masterwork.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 08:18:01 pm »

How about caravans, diplomats and ambushes? Same thing?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 08:43:15 pm »

Oh, that's too bad!  I like the way people implemented a force-siege system using that script to give a risk/reward system for the orcish raiders. 

(... still, the new 0.40 living world system sounds like it will be awesome so totally worth it :)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 08:45:20 pm by smakemupagus »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 08:49:33 pm »

How about caravans, diplomats and ambushes? Same thing?

Ambushes of course, caravans I would assume so, diplomats... given a message that I've gotten that "the liason hasn't come this season. How peculiar", it's likely.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 09:19:16 pm »

And there goes my... embassy? tribal meeting grounds? council? Gnomish telegraph? Merchants Guild? Thieves Tunnel?  :-\
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 10:18:14 pm »

It may be possible, but that would take lots of research into army structures and such.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 02:26:29 pm »

Perhaps you can still edit other civs disposition or counter to encourage it to send more squads, but none of that will involve a simple addition to the site events now.

Lets be safe and not expect forced sieges and caravans right away. Considering the ammount of additional data this version is bringing, it is worth the trade.

I need to ask however, is spawning units will still be possible?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 03:01:26 pm »

I don't foresee any problem with spawning units.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 01:13:55 am »

There might be a very hacky way to create an attack then. :P

Spawn one unit, spawn 9 more and set their group leader as the first one. Give them gear, set their invaders flag. Instant sieges, just add water.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 03:05:48 am »

There might be a very hacky way to create an attack then. :P

Spawn one unit, spawn 9 more and set their group leader as the first one. Give them gear, set their invaders flag. Instant sieges, just add water.
I actually suggested something like this to warmist and expwnent, because it would also allow special invader groups, not tied to entities. You can have X civs, but X+n attacking  "fake" civs, which only appear when spawned with such a script. :)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 03:20:53 am »

It will probably still be possible, but it will require a completely different system.
If each traveling group has a particular spot on the map, you can probably move them around.  Spawning a new one from the members of a particular site should also be possible.
Maybe you can even call for particular civ members dwelling in other places.
It will be more complicated than just 'set traders to show up on this date' though.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 03:37:50 am »

...Unit spawning is liable to be broken, considering how much units have changed in 0.40. It'll probably be wait.

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 08:49:34 am »

And there goes my... embassy? tribal meeting grounds? council? Gnomish telegraph? Merchants Guild? Thieves Tunnel?  :-\

If they can't force events, they could always serve other purposes.

For instance, the Gnomish telegraph could have another gnome fort "air drop" supplies, or something like that. As a player, I rarely spawn events intentionally. With all of the races enabled, each season is pretty busy as it is.

My play time lately has been consumed with warlocks though. Great job on that race. You never run out of crap to do there.

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 07:03:52 pm »

might it be possible to change an armies destination and goal,so you can redirect armies?

also,i think i read that caravans dont move around in the 'real world' yet,but still done like before,not sure though.
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons