Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 256185 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 3: Lucky Number Thirteen!
« Reply #960 on: August 27, 2014, 06:56:16 pm »

Tirurin flabort revive when someone day kill him at d1 extend. He later say that his power work once per cycle
So lynching Toaster won't work then given his request, presumably due to how it works out.
...Unless the 'lockdown' also comes into play for that.

Extend too.

I'm up for a mass claim on Day 4, if and only if Toaster's plan works. Given that he could screw us over, and as a survivor it'd just help his wincon, I think we should lynch him today so we can threaten him with a day 4 lynch if he doesn't go through with complete lockdown.

And yeah, extend.
So...Toaster then?

Toaster: What does NQT's Auto do? By 'control', are you able to set the chance to a set amount (say, 95% chance? :P) What do you mean by 'control' is what I mean.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 27, 2014, 07:24:20 pm »

Okay, I'm in no mood to play Mafia tonight. I'll post once I've figured out just how the hell to deal with this RL horseshit I've suddenly found myself in.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 27, 2014, 08:15:07 pm »

As much as I hate to say it [I still think Varee is a villain here] I'm going to go ahead and change my vote unvote.

Again... I hate to say it but I'm not trusting this Brave Little Toaster right now. Mainly because well... He's a survivor with a revive. Seems a little... Unwise to let that run around unchecked. This should force some compliance if he's telling the truth. Or kill him if he's a lying liar from Liarsburg.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 27, 2014, 08:19:28 pm »

Extend.  Confusing trainwreck.
Unvote: my target disappeared from the forum and I'm confused.

Webadict: Imp has not been online since the 23rd.  Please prod and probably replace.

Alright, so at least I now know what happened with my power transfers.
N1: TolyK gave Filler Ability to Tiruin.
N2: Varee's kill was supposed to go from him to Tiruin, but apparently went to TolyK instead.

TolyK: Please give the name of the kill you got from Varee.

Jack: I have a feeling thatyour plan might not work. Certain power might not be blockable.
Varee: Exactly my point.  There's almost definitely some sort of strong counter.  By the way, when TolyK says your kill's name, please say whether it's true or not.

MBP: Your entire attack on Tiruin, as you clarified it (dependent on the combo), seems to be built on an odd set of assumptions.  Why are you assuming that scum doesn't just have some sort of unstoppability powers or something else that counters the combo?  Why are you assuming that the panic is what's in scum hands, not just a way around the panic?  Are there not many ways for Wuba to balance the relevant set of powers, no matter whose hands those powers are in (particularly in a game like this, where powers are rapidly flying from player to player and town powers can quickly become scum powers)?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: August 27, 2014, 08:24:06 pm »

Extend.

My internet decided to give up on life tonight. I'll try to get up to speed again tomorrow.

Pfp
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 27, 2014, 08:25:56 pm »

Tiruin et al:  I can't quote it exactly, but I'll try to paraphrase it as best I can here:

If an ability uses randomness as a factor, I can choose that in any way that I would like.

I claimed what I got from whom here.  I don't know if I could change the probability to something other than the stated odds besides 100% or 0%, but I don't see why I couldn't.  (I also don't see why I would want to do that, but that's beside the point.)

Also, I have no choice as to what abilities I get.  For the record (and MBP/4mask->UI can confirm this) it does not say it's randomly chosen, leading me to believe Web pre-chose what I would get from each player.

MBP, be civil.

Please maintain a chill atmosphere.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: August 27, 2014, 08:29:51 pm »

Webadict: Imp has not been online since the 23rd.  Please prod and probably replace.
I prodded her a bit. Seems she hasn't been on to receive said prods.

Since I don't count weekends, she's only been out for less than 72 hours. Hopefully nothing has happened to her.

Also,

Mysteriousbluepuppet
I would kindly ask you to be more civil, please. I understand the nature of the game maintains some amount of hostile interactions, but personal attacks are not fun to deal with. If you want to personally attack me, feel free, but I will not allow as such on your fellow players. Thank you for your cooperation in the matter.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 27, 2014, 08:41:21 pm »

Fine.

I'm easy to anger when people dilly dally, just saying.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13: Vote Count
« Reply #968 on: August 27, 2014, 09:06:53 pm »

Fine.

That's alright. I don't mind anger. Just try not to be too angry at players. Be angry with their play. Then we can all go back to killing each other amiably.

Let me know if anything's wrong.

Vote Count
------------------------
Cheeetar - IronyOwl, Scripten,
Imp -
IronyOwl -
Jack A T -
Mysteriousbluepuppet -
Nerjin -
Scripten -
Silthuri -
Tiruin - Mysteriousbluepuppet,
Toaster - Cheeetar, Tiruin, Nerjin,
TolyK -
Urist Imiknorris -
Varee - Toaster, Silthuri,

Not Voting - Imp, Urist Imiknorris, TolyK, Varee, Jack A T,

7 to Hammer. Day ends Thursday 9 PMish CST (Approximately 24 hours from this post.)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:30:17 pm by webadict »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 27, 2014, 09:08:52 pm »

Fine.

That's alright. I don't mind anger. Just try not to be too angry at players. Be angry with their play. Then we can all go back to killing each other amiably.
This! D:

Though really--was my answer seen as valid or was it seen as [BS]? I'm honestly curious.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 27, 2014, 09:16:59 pm »

Let me know if anything's wrong.
Day ends Thursday 9 PMish CST (Approximately 46 hours from this post.)

Just this one thing, really :P
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 27, 2014, 09:18:50 pm »

M'eh, no. I don't see an actual answer, but i'll drop it off for now.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 27, 2014, 09:19:25 pm »

Oh and yeah, extend, why not.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 27, 2014, 11:44:54 pm »

M'eh, no. I don't see an actual answer, but i'll drop it off for now.
@_@
No seriously.

...Actual answer?

...Got it.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 28, 2014, 04:40:05 am »

Holy hell.
I didn't even bother reading through the second half of MBP/Tiruin discussion/arguing/whatever. Just saying.

Now. Clearing some facts.
N1 I lost a 'Filler Ability', which was given to Tiruin. Persus said that he took off Tiruin's Miller, which Tiruin confirmed, and given Persus was town I'm inclined to believe both of them, which is why I said that Tiruin is very likely town (along with claiming getting my Filler Ability). I did not do anything (that I know of) to the Miller.

The one-shot kill is called the opposite of "Yes, I can". Direct opposite in name (all the words). I can say the whole name if you want.

Extend.

This night my inspect is powered-up. Whoever we say that I should investigate could also be unblocked and action (also should be predetermined by us). The problem is if said person is scum - they could perform a final NK, e.g. on me.

What does everyone think? Also, who would we lynch today?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 123