Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom Body Part Descriptions?  (Read 1810 times)

his_hoofiness

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Properly Maintained Hooves
    • View Profile
Custom Body Part Descriptions?
« on: July 18, 2014, 01:47:52 pm »

I've set out to make a new race. Due to laziness, I mostly copied the dwarf entry, and it seems to be working pretty well.

But I also added new parts to the race. They're showing up as parts in the game (on the wound screen), but I set up custom descriptions using new 'colors' as well. And the custom descriptions are only showing up for their tusks, and not for the other two parts.

All the new colors use the same format, and I copy-pasted the color part into their creature file, so other than the color names, that part in the raw is identical. I'm just not sure why only one of the descriptions is working.

Anybody have any ideas/direction?

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Body Part Descriptions?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 05:38:46 pm »

What does the errorlog say?

his_hoofiness

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 02:33:41 pm »

Error log says:

*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_wildlings.txt"
WILDLING Color Mod Ending With (HORNS_CURLED,1) Was Not Used
WILDLING Color Mod Ending With (CREST_WAVY,1) Was Not Used
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature WILDLING
WILDLING:FEMALE:right horn: No tissue thickness
WILDLING:FEMALE:left horn: No tissue thickness
WILDLING:MALE:crest: No tissue thickness

I'm not sure if the tissue thickness problem matters at all. I did set some tissue arguments for them, so I don't know what's up with that, and the parts show on their wound list, as I said, but they won't get 'colors' assigned.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 02:41:12 pm »

It may help if you could post the creature's raws.

No tissue thickness may mean that the tissues are not being applied correctly, which could also be why the colours are not being applied.

Make sure that the detail plans that apply tissues to parts are below the body part definition itself.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 02:41:28 pm »

I think the entire problem is the tissue thickness. It's a problem that I've struggled with a lot and I would like to help with it, but I haven't found what's generally causing the problem. It's also a very difficult problem to fix when you can't see the rates yourself.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

his_hoofiness

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 03:07:20 pm »

It may help if you could post the creature's raws.

No tissue thickness may mean that the tissues are not being applied correctly, which could also be why the colours are not being applied.

Make sure that the detail plans that apply tissues to parts are below the body part definition itself.

Got it in one. The new parts were added in with the castes, but the body detail plans were up near the top, like with the default dwarves. I just copied those to the castes as well, and it fixed the problem just fine.

Now my creatures are working just fine, tusks, horns, and crests. Thanks guys!