Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 64

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - TOWN WIN  (Read 87999 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 2 - The Hazards Of Love
« Reply #615 on: August 05, 2014, 09:43:06 pm »

Flabort:
Yup, just got the PM reminding me about that.
However, I have 1 XP, I could... uh... I'll figure out a way to buy prolific, don't worry.

I find it suspicious that suddenly the plan's in jeopardy right as you're planning on shooting.

There is one out, though.

NQT:  If a Kill-Immune player is targeted with a kill, are they informed?

4mask and a few others:
I think someone is running an obnoxious free-powerswap, from the looks of things.

If that's true, then isn't everyone claiming their steals just telling whomever it is their mask colors?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 05, 2014, 09:58:10 pm »

Apologies once again for my absence... It won't happen again. That post I promised is going to be a bit late, but it will happen.

TolyK seems to not have been lying, but hasn't proved his innocence yet as far as I see, but neither is he for sure scum. Persus13... I still think that Scarlet had to have been scum, so...
Is everyone OK with my killing Scarlet and... Brown?

I would prefer you didn't kill brown. Unless I've been mask swapped, that's me.

Since I'm claiming my mask, I'll also say that someone stole my peek right after the 24 hour delay was up yesterday. I didn't claim this earlier because I was scared to death to have anyone know my mask. Especially if it was the scum that took it.
Was it replaced by anything?

I think someone is running an obnoxious free-powerswap, from the looks of things.

Nope. They just took my peek.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 05, 2014, 10:27:35 pm »

Silthuri:

Are you minimalist?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 05, 2014, 10:40:37 pm »

Silthuri:

Are you minimalist?

*Facepalms* Yeah. So they might have tried to give me something in return.

NQT: Are minimalists notified when someone tries to give them a power?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 05, 2014, 10:51:59 pm »

OK, so Brown is not a valid kill target then, for reasons of doubtful that she's scum.
It feels weird to be discussing one or more kills outside of a scum chat, I have to say that. It's just... weird. Needless to say, I've never been Vig before this.

NQT hasn't gotten back to me yet. Or, he has, with a clarification, but I gave him a reminder and correction, and he hasn't gotten back to me after that. Since unless Flexible has been inflated, I can buy it with that point I got for surviving, and by selling bloodthirsty for the other necessary point. And that will enable me to get enough points to buy Prolific.

We still have time to decide who I'm killing. What about Emerald? I always liked the color Emerald. For some reason, it always felt... right.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 05, 2014, 10:59:42 pm »

Hold it.

Flabort, I see what's up.  You're forcing a mask claim, because obviously anyone whose mask you call is going to claim out.  You're going to keep this up until you whittle down all the masks that your team doesn't have, and then you're gold.

And guess what?  My vote counts now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 05, 2014, 11:00:27 pm »

I wouldn't announce the two masks you kill. You're also making people claim their masks which is terrible.

Now that people know I had kill-immune, I should also point out that I never got any notification on Day 1, so it's potentially possible that I was targeted.

Also, now that I'm completely useless I guess I wouldn't mind being one of your kills targets to confirm yourself as town. Don't state that you'll kill me, but due consider making it a possible choice. A confirmed townie that can't be killed is much more valuable than two shady could-be townies...

@Toaster:
Throw doubt on Flabort if you want, but I'd say they're probably town from instinct. Did you buy off your inability to vote or are you scheming something?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 05, 2014, 11:02:16 pm »

Post-post edit:

Ah there it is. Toaster with the flamboyant accusation. Why would Flabort and 4mask risk outting themselves when nobody is even dead? They'd be fucking toast once they can't prove the double-kill.

Good thing about getting your vote though. Ah just to prove mine, Toaster.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 05, 2014, 11:04:47 pm »

*I made some spelling errors and Tiruin died (it's hard to count that though)...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 05, 2014, 11:10:04 pm »

So what, did you just read the second half of my post to start with?

And yeah, I bought it off.  I told you I had a plan to get rid of it.

Anyway, you don't think it's convenient that he's just planning on firing blindly?  That seems like a good plan to you?  Let's review what he's done:

1)  Claimed he screwed up his plan
2)  Claimed his targets in advance
3)  Gotten Brown to claim and probably Emerald now
4)  Thrown his own mask color out there

At this point, Town Flabort would be wide open for scum manipulation.  Redirects, mask swaps, blocks, copycats, you name it.  Flabort isn't dumb- why would he set himself up for failure.  No, this has moved on from odd to suspicious to scum plot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 05, 2014, 11:17:37 pm »

Toaster: you're the one flinging around power swaps randomly, aren't you? If you're town, shame on you, if you're scum, time to die.

I'll explain how I came to this conclusion tomorrow, when I'm not so tired.

Also, Flabort, just kill two people who you find suspicious without saying who. We've got a few suspicious people with claimed masks already (at least one). And may heaven help you if you're lying, because we will know, and fairly quickly.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 05, 2014, 11:21:03 pm »

Toaster: you're the one flinging around power swaps randomly, aren't you? If you're town, shame on you, if you're scum, time to die.

They're not all random, but thanks for letting me vote.  I figured power in my hands was more trustworthy than in the hands of anyone else.

By the way, you all should really think before claiming; I now know every mask but two.  No, I'm not going to post them.  Before anyone asks, I'm out of actions for the day.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 05, 2014, 11:59:11 pm »

Also, Flabort, just kill two people who you find suspicious without saying who. We've got a few suspicious people with claimed masks already (at least one). And may heaven help you if you're lying, because we will know, and fairly quickly.
That's equivalent to saying "Just kill two people randomly".
I guess I'll just kill the two people who I said I would yesterday, then. Even though Scarlet and Chrome have both claimed.
Action sent then.

They're not all random, but thanks for letting me vote.  I figured power in my hands was more trustworthy than in the hands of anyone else.
That's the same justification behind my innate-changeling build.

Anyway, you don't think it's convenient that he's just planning on firing blindly?  That seems like a good plan to you?  Let's review what he's done:

1)  Claimed he screwed up his plan
2)  Claimed his targets in advance
3)  Gotten Brown to claim and probably Emerald now
4)  Thrown his own mask color out there
1) NQT screwed up my plan. But I am able to salvage it, so that doesn't matter.
2) Yeah, to prove it's me making the kills, so that I don't get lynched over it.
3) You know how 4mask keeps saying to just kill two people I find suspicious? I can't do that if I don't know the masks of the folks I find suspicious. And part of the original plan as proposed by 4mask was a mass mask claim, so encouraging mask claims is not bad at the moment.
4) Also part of the plan. I can't be killed now, so while they may be able to mess with me, I feel safe doing it. Between your power swaps and the rampant Changeling powers, Scum probably doesn't have their full ability to mess with me.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 06, 2014, 12:26:53 am »

I actually more or less agree with Toaster about the Flabort plan.

Ppe. I really really hope that's you bluffing and actually thinking. Hopefully enough to out-bluff scum.

And if it fails, well. We'll see what to do with that...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 06, 2014, 01:10:09 am »

@Tiruin:
You deserved to die with that build, town my butt!
You jerk >_>
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 64