Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 64

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - TOWN WIN  (Read 88119 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I feel like 4mask is matching his role rather with his personality. I'm guessing its in his thoughts regarding his own playstyle (...which is partly why I asked you that first question 4mask :I I got some vibes on you, personally I:) given that he dislikes D1 and such--though, he makes it blatant that he picked cleanse (self? It says no power is self-targeting and by memory, you said you Cleansed your Magnetic for D1...so that means it is self-targeting without magnetic?)
Yep.
Powers
(no power can be self-targeting)
[...]
2 - Cleanse (One of targets flaws is removed, starting with any -2)

x/2 - Self-targeting- (pick a power: that power can, but does not have to, be self targeted. This upgrade costs half the cost of the power, rounded up.)
One point seems good enough to cover it. Put in Magnetic and its a +1 bonus!
The benefit is he can also cleanse others...add the other notes he isn't stating (vaguely prodding at? Tempting with a lure for others to ask? Something like that idea.) and it seems he's more focused on his playstyle and himself rather than anything else.

Because if he's scum that way, he's blatantly lying.
Or there was lacking team cohesion/teamwork there.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

4mask: Seems like you've noted Varee's confirmation of Scripten, however you didn't note what he did in his read--did his claim on Script's act, as well as his act in itself, have any bearing to how you read him?
The fact that he had changeling and used it had no bearing on my read, since it didn't influence me one way or the other.  He was slight town for not applying the unable-to-vote flaw, but his reluctance, combined with his attempt to change the lynch target as the day wound down, put him back into scum territory.
Hahaha
hahaha what?  He didn't give Scripten the unable to vote flaw with changeling, indicating that he did not wish to cripple him entirely, merely remove his powers.  That's what I meant.

Oh yeah, forgot:
Anyone voting Deathsword:  There's now zero reason to vote him (unless you're scum.)  Please stop doing so and instead vote actual scum (like ToonyMan)
Ah, so there's your second partner. Case closed.
So you think it's a great idea to lynch someone who had to go up for replacement before doing anything at all?
I'm asking why you care so much.

Now look at this situation. 4maskwolf is at 3 votes, TolyK is at 2, and Deathsword is at 1. That's 6 votes being used out of at most, probably 10.

4maskwolf and Toaster don't want 4maskwolf lynched, they don't think 4maskwolf is scum! But oh no! They can't vote anybody else they think is actually scum to lynch instead. Oh shit, maybe those two didn't think out their role customization or they're scum. I'm not policy-lynching. Toaster didn't even have to reveal his lack of vote, but he decided he wanted to 'cause? In any case, town wouldn't choose nonvoter, this is scum-hunting. I am pointing out a contradiction in 4maskwolf's actions.

Maybe Toaster is a poorly-thought out town and feels sympathy with his vote-less acquaintance? It's a good thing Wolf didn't get "non-extender" or he'd already be dead!

P.S. It's hilarious seeing 4maskwolf trying to throw suspicion on TolyK to save his own skin.
Just because you don't like the unable to vote flaw doesn't mean that a townie wouldn't take it.  You are making a MASSIVE leap from one to the other.  See: the previous CYOM, where both the town vigilante (me) and the town role-neutralizer (Mastahcheese) both took the flaw as a way to get more points.  And the town WON that game, if I may note.  So no, I don't see unable-to-vote as a major hindrance to the town, unlike you seem to, particularly when I can get rid of it with ease.

Are these requests for a fullclaim?  Because if it will help you realize what I'm doing, I can fullclaim for you.
Sure.
I wasn't asking you, bud.  I was asking Silthuri and Varee.  You're so convinced I'm scum that you'd just say I was fakeclaiming no matter what role I claimed, then look like a fool when it's my actual role.

P.S. It's hilarious seeing 4maskwolf trying to throw suspicion on TolyK to save his own skin.
I also listed you, Varee, and Toaster as scum candidates too, might I note.  You are just conveniently ignoring that fact so that you can act like a jerk.  Which you are.  Not because you are voting me, but because you are mocking me incessantly.  Kindly desist from the later.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Toony:

Because if we lynch Deathsword, we learn nothing.  We might as well throw a dart at a dartboard to decide lynches for all the good lynching him would do.  Go ahead; show me a single piece of evidence to support his lynch.

town wouldn't choose nonvoter

This is completely false, unsupportable, and made up on the spot so you can drive a mislynch.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ToonyMan: What evidence do you have to support the claim that "town wouldn't choose nonvoter"?  Why do you believe that having it temporarily applied would cause problems to the town as a whole?  Why do you believe that all nonvoters must be scum?  Why are you trying to force your opinions and ideas on the rest of us?

What I see you doing is pushing your OPINION of how townies play onto everyone else, trying to force a lynch.  Which is frankly laughable, seeing as how the guy who you are trying to lynch broke your little townie ideals in the last CYOM, playing a nonvoter vigilante, and still managed to be helpful (in some ways instrumental) to the town victory in that game, without ever casting a vote or using the nightkill.  See also: roleblocking the converter at a critical point in the game, discerning the first converter by finding holes in claims, etc.  In other words, your argument falls completely flat when faced with historical evidence.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Oh no double team from people who can't do anything.

@4maskwolf:
4mask: Seems like you've noted Varee's confirmation of Scripten, however you didn't note what he did in his read--did his claim on Script's act, as well as his act in itself, have any bearing to how you read him?
The fact that he had changeling and used it had no bearing on my read, since it didn't influence me one way or the other.  He was slight town for not applying the unable-to-vote flaw, but his reluctance, combined with his attempt to change the lynch target as the day wound down, put him back into scum territory.
Hahaha
hahaha what?  He didn't give Scripten the unable to vote flaw with changeling, indicating that he did not wish to cripple him entirely, merely remove his powers.  That's what I meant.
Why is not picking nonvoter "slightly town"?

I also listed you, Varee, and Toaster as scum candidates too, might I note.  You are just conveniently ignoring that fact so that you can act like a jerk.  Which you are.  Not because you are voting me, but because you are mocking me incessantly.  Kindly desist from the later.
TolyK is second up for lynch, after you. Why target him specifically and not Varee or Toaster? You're trying to save your skin.

What I see you doing is pushing your OPINION of how townies play onto everyone else, trying to force a lynch.  Which is frankly laughable, seeing as how the guy who you are trying to lynch broke your little townie ideals in the last CYOM, playing a nonvoter vigilante, and still managed to be helpful (in some ways instrumental) to the town victory in that game, without ever casting a vote or using the nightkill.  See also: roleblocking the converter at a critical point in the game, discerning the first converter by finding holes in claims, etc.  In other words, your argument falls completely flat when faced with historical evidence.
So you're saying you never self-cleansed yourself? Why this game, hmmm?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hahaha
Why is not picking nonvoter "slightly town"?
Specifically not picking nonvoter for a changeling combo is slightly town, and only in that instance, because a better scum move would have been to lock down the player entirely by applying unable-to-vote as well as dense and one-shot.
TolyK is second up for lynch, after you. Why target him specifically and not Varee or Toaster? You're trying to save your skin.
Because he was the one who responded most immediately and who I had the strongest case against, before you opened your mouth again.
A couple of reasons why not last game.  One: there was no self-targeted ability that game, I would have had to have magnetic to even attempt it, and there was no way in hell I was going to run a magnetic vigilante.  Two: I had already spent nine points on abilities, and cleanse cost three at the time.

This game?  Because that game taught me the hard way that unable to vote was a hugely detrimental long term flaw.  So I took abilities that would allow me to clear it off quickly.  In fact, I have two ways of getting rid of it, but the other won't come into play until later.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Are these requests for a fullclaim?  Because if it will help you realize what I'm doing, I can fullclaim for you.
Sure.
I wasn't asking you, bud.  I was asking Silthuri and Varee.  You're so convinced I'm scum that you'd just say I was fakeclaiming no matter what role I claimed, then look like a fool when it's my actual role.
You mean the other two people who want you lynched? I actually agree that Varee's vote on you is pretty bullshit, and I'm never going to forget him changeling-ing Scripten. But I'm more inclined in your lynch right now, unless you can convince me otherwise.

From what I can gather so far you took two -2 flaws, Magnetic and Unable to Vote. You might have taken more -1 flaws since those get cleansed last.

You then got cleanse with self-targeting, which is worth 2 + 1= 3 points. That leaves you with at least 6 points to spend on stuff.

PPE:
A couple of reasons why not last game.  One: there was no self-targeted ability that game, I would have had to have magnetic to even attempt it, and there was no way in hell I was going to run a magnetic vigilante.  Two: I had already spent nine points on abilities, and cleanse cost three at the time.
I see. I didn't know that!

This game?  Because that game taught me the hard way that unable to vote was a hugely detrimental long term flaw.  So I took abilities that would allow me to clear it off quickly.  In fact, I have two ways of getting rid of it, but the other won't come into play until later.
Hmmm.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

When did scum first kill in the previous CYOM?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When did scum first kill in the previous CYOM?
never.  The only two kills used were a pair of nightkills by a different town vigilante, who started as a changeling bomb.  The scum had convert in that game, so...

From what I can gather so far you took two -2 flaws, Magnetic and Unable to Vote. You might have taken more -1 flaws since those get cleansed last.

You then got cleanse with self-targeting, which is worth 2 + 1= 3 points. That leaves you with at least 6 points to spend on stuff.
I'm still uncertain as to why you think taking so many flaws is a big deal.  In the last game, a lot of players took a fairly good-sized quantity of flaws, and I would be surprised if this game was any different.  I take it you took very few points, if any, of flaws?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I'm now finding it surprising that nobody has been killed yet. Scum could easily shoot a kill on Day 1 as far as I can tell.

I'm still uncertain as to why you think taking so many flaws is a big deal.  In the last game, a lot of players took a fairly good-sized quantity of flaws, and I would be surprised if this game was any different.  I take it you took very few points, if any, of flaws?
Most of the -2 flaws are extremely nasty. I took a couple -1 flaws that won't really affect me anyway.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

I agree with Toaster that lynching Deathsword is a bad idea.
I'm inclined to believe Toony's logic, but that's probably because it conforms with my beliefs at least partially.

Also, choosing nonvoter is not anti-town in itself, but being selfish might be. Especially when you have a 21% chance of being nk'd the two days you are cleansing, not to mention bring lynched.

Math if needed ask because Pfp.

Ninja'd!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, choosing nonvoter is not anti-town in itself, but being selfish might be. Especially when you have a 21% chance of being nk'd the two days you are cleansing, not to mention bring lynched.
Here's the thing: did I ever say I wasn't performing other actions?

No.  No I didn't.  You all just assumed that I wasn't.

*sigh*

Fine.  One claim coming right up, since without it none of you will ever understand my strategy.

I am an adaptable mortician(actual flavor name given by NQT).  I started the game with graverob, self-cleanse, flexible, unable to vote, and magnetic, with one point left over.  D1, I cleanse myself.  D2, I buy free on cleanse with my available points and free-cleanse myself, then take my pick of the powers that are currently on dead players.  D3, I can sell free-self-cleanse for five points and basically become whatever I want to be.  All of my role combos were based around the idea of being adaptable, changing my strategy as the game progresses.  My scum build, as I've mentioned, used one-shot power swap and prolific to steal powers from other players, flexible to sell them, and then bought another power swap and continued the process.  I almost took that as my town role too, but decided that a graverobber was less potentially damaging to the town.

My mask, you ask?  That, you don't get.  I'd rather stay under the power-use radar, at least until I'm immune to some of the more obnoxious abilities that could be used on me (specifically, roleblocks and kills).

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

I'm now finding it surprising that nobody has been killed yet. Scum could easily shoot a kill on Day 1 as far as I can tell.
I find it surprising that you'd bring that up again.
Specifically not picking nonvoter for a changeling combo is slightly town, and only in that instance, because a better scum move would have been to lock down the player entirely by applying unable-to-vote as well as dense and one-shot.
True.

Oh no double team from people who can't do anything.

Have you seen my opinion on rudeness for no reason? I think this first sentence is rudeness for no reason, scum.
Second sentence, well, he ninja'd me, but obviously he has a long term plan.
Also, his "scum plan" would have run into unforseen problems, such as if he had tried to hit a certain someone that had gotten one-shot-changeling'd. So obviously neither plan can be perfect, so why assume his town plan has to be perfect from his scum plan?

Toony:

Because if we lynch Deathsword, we learn nothing.  We might as well throw a dart at a dartboard to decide lynches for all the good lynching him would do.  Go ahead; show me a single piece of evidence to support his lynch.
Toony, I'm noticing you didn't even respond to this post. You acknowledged it, but never responded to it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Yeah, okay. The fact you had nonvoter in the last game as town, and also that you had two set-ups planned for this game is enough reason for me to back off. Unvote 4maskwolf. (I still don't really understand how free works)

I'd vote Varee but their almost guaranteed resurrection kind of makes that moot.

PPE:
I said that before?

Toony:
Toony, I'm noticing you didn't even respond to this post. You acknowledged it, but never responded to it.
Because he's right. I have no reason to vote Deathsword. I was only pointing out why'd he care.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

I said that before?
Not you, but it's been said before and talked out. Did you miss that conversation?
Toony:
Because he's right. I have no reason to vote Deathsword. I was only pointing out why'd he care.
Alright. I can accept that.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 64