Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 64

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - TOWN WIN  (Read 88087 times)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - The First Dance Has Begun
« Reply #300 on: July 30, 2014, 01:38:05 am »

If he's got a team, he can technically still accomplish things with them whilst being useless to us. He's got them to accomplish stuff while he worries about himself. I just don't like it. It's the only big thing that stands out to me because I haven't been around and it's two in the morning and the day will end while I'm asleep and I'm trying to be slightly helpful. I didn't expect Varee to throw his vote out there. I was just saying my suspicions lie with 4mask.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 30, 2014, 02:52:46 am »

Anyone voting Deathsword:  There's now zero reason to vote him (unless you're scum.)  Please stop doing so and instead vote actual scum (like ToonyMan)
I could list a couple, such as we don't know if he ISN'T scum, but I see your point.
Unvote.
I don't see exactly why you think Toony is scum, but if that's who you suspect, I won't stop you from voting or trying to vote him.
To me it looks like his attack-then-see-if-they-crack. But I also want an answer from him, as he tried to pull this off last game with me and failed.

TolyK I'm very confused by your actions right now. Do you mind explaining your strategy? Maybe posting a list of reads?
I've more or less said my of possible scum. I can't really do reads very well, but if you want them you can have them. Just ask again. But here's a semi-list.

I asked 4mask a question with the assumption that he was scum, and he gave me an answer that was carefully (possibly) written with a metal tone. He didn't immediately assume he was town, I'd worse, fall into the trap (though I probably made it to obvious), which would point out scumminess. His response was, unfortunately, neutral in this respect - town wolf and scum wolf could've said it.
Similar thing was tried with Tiruin, but I'm fairly sure (so far) that she's either town or calculates ask her posts exceedingly well.
Can't say much about the rest, except the three-way phenomenon. And Varee seemed to be plating the newbie card in the beginning, but not any more.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 30, 2014, 03:00:03 am »

Sorry for dp.
Silthiri, that is actually part of the reasoning behind my 4mask attack. Build up one member of the scum team while the others hold their ground. I think we tried it in BYOCards, with success.

And I still think that Varee could very well be scum.

Also, it's immersing that there was no scum kill. Blocked, protected, redirected to self or unkillable?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 30, 2014, 08:25:25 am »

extend, I need more time to think and find the scumteam.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 30, 2014, 08:39:40 am »

Flabort:
Anyone voting Deathsword:  There's now zero reason to vote him (unless you're scum.)  Please stop doing so and instead vote actual scum (like ToonyMan)
I could list a couple, such as we don't know if he ISN'T scum, but I see your point.

That's a terrible argument, considering it applies to everyone.  You might as well lynch at random (oh wait, that is what you are doing.)

Varee:
sithuri the end of day is in like 10 hours .....
Toaster : If both wolf and Deathsword are not a worthy lynch target who do you purpose?

Really?

ToonyMan:
...and instead vote actual scum (like ToonyMan)

Are you reading my posts?

Well I was going to vote wolf too so i guess i will do now
Wolf

Seriously?  Only voting if you see someone else doing it?  You're not trying at all.

Silthuri:
Alright. Just by glancing around, 4mask seems the most scummy to me because of his selfish use of powers. I'd vote him, but I think that'd bring us to a tie.

You realize by doing this that you are essentially voting Deathsword instead, right?

TolyK:
Also, it's immersing that there was no scum kill. Blocked, protected, redirected to self or unkillable?

Let's not forget "grand master plan that doesn't allow for a kill to be bought D1" as a possibility.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 30, 2014, 08:45:01 am »

Toaster:
I must have miss your conversation with toonyman but i am voting wolf because I FEEL he is lying and I was going to vote him the day before but i dont want to risk causing a draw so I was waiting to see if anyone else is voting. I dont think Deathsword should be lynch yet and for toony .... I dont know actually.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 30, 2014, 09:05:56 am »

The band begins to wind down when the Doge leans over the balcony and cries, "keep going!" And on bloody toes the dancers took another twirl. All the while sly glances and occluded signals were passed as the dancers chose who should be ejected.

Masks
Lemon
Ochre
Scarlet
Ultramarine
Turquoise
Brown
White
Chrome
Black
Beige
Emerald
Puce

Guest List - Formal Requests For Unmasking
Reverie
Tiruin
Toaster
Deathsword - [1]
Varee
Wolf - [3]
Toony
Silthuri
Scripten
TolyK - [2]
Jiokuy
Flabort

Has used their extend: Scripten, Flabort, Wolf

The Day has been extended. Hammer is 7 votes. Day ends when the hammer falls, or Thursday 4PM BST (GMT+1).

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 30, 2014, 10:03:11 am »

If he's got a team, he can technically still accomplish things with them whilst being useless to us. He's got them to accomplish stuff while he worries about himself. I just don't like it. It's the only big thing that stands out to me because I haven't been around and it's two in the morning and the day will end while I'm asleep and I'm trying to be slightly helpful. I didn't expect Varee to throw his vote out there. I was just saying my suspicions lie with 4mask.
Toaster:
I must have miss your conversation with toonyman but i am voting wolf because I FEEL he is lying and I was going to vote him the day before but i dont want to risk causing a draw so I was waiting to see if anyone else is voting. I dont think Deathsword should be lynch yet and for toony .... I dont know actually.
Are these requests for a fullclaim?  Because if it will help you realize what I'm doing, I can fullclaim for you.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 30, 2014, 10:12:06 am »

Okay, looking over the players, here are my reads:
Reverie: null
Tiruin: neutral, her posts make sense but don't contain anything that leans me either way.
Toaster: Slight scum, while he makes good points he is defending me a little too much to seem entirely townie.  My best guess is scum trying to seem townie when I get lynched.
Deathsword: Null
Varee: Slight scum, now, due to reluctance to vote me without the guarantee of someone else voting me as well.
4maskwolf: Awesome guy.  It's up to you to decide what I am.
ToonyMan: Slight scum, seems to be pushing a policy-lynch on me for having taken unable to vote and wants to do the same thing to Toaster.  Policy lynches without scumhunting is a bad thing.
Silthuri: Null
Scripten: Town.  His role, confirmed by Varee, would have been useless to the scum.
TolyK: Slight scum, his completely illogical attack on me wouldn't have caused this if he hadn't followed it up with a cop-out.  Mostly scum for the cop-out when confronted.
Jiokuy: Null
Flabort: All over the place, null.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 30, 2014, 10:13:58 am »

PFP

...Full claim? @_@ Waahhh?

4mask: Seems like you've noted Varee's confirmation of Scripten, however you didn't note what he did in his read--did his claim on Script's act, as well as his act in itself, have any bearing to how you read him?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 30, 2014, 10:17:15 am »

TolyK:

Let's not forget "grand master plan that doesn't allow for a kill to be bought D1" as a possibility.
That too, but then I'd guess the neutralization changeling was a scum move.

Also, I was surprised to find two votes on me - one is Tiruin's from #141 or so, the other is Flabort's who was confused by my hunting technique.
I would really really hate to be quicklynched for, uh, what exactly?

Pfp
Ppe. 4mask, if I hadn't explained what I did that for, you wouldn't have suspected me? That's bs.
Ppe2. Tiruin, what fullclaim?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 30, 2014, 10:20:33 am »

4mask: Seems like you've noted Varee's confirmation of Scripten, however you didn't note what he did in his read--did his claim on Script's act, as well as his act in itself, have any bearing to how you read him?
The fact that he had changeling and used it had no bearing on my read, since it didn't influence me one way or the other.  He was slight town for not applying the unable-to-vote flaw, but his reluctance, combined with his attempt to change the lynch target as the day wound down, put him back into scum territory.

PPE:
TolyK
TolyK:

That too, but then I'd guess the neutralization changeling was a scum move.

Also, I was surprised to find two votes on me - one is Tiruin's from #141 or so, the other is Flabort's who was confused by my hunting technique.
I would really really hate to be quicklynched for, uh, what exactly?

Pfp
Ppe. 4mask, if I hadn't explained what I did that for, you wouldn't have suspected me? That's bs.
Ppe2. Tiruin, what fullclaim?
No, your cop-out you stated right after I answered is what made me suspicious, not your explanation.  Your explanation is actually suspicious because it came so much later, after you already acknowledged what I had said.  Please read the words that I write in the future, I took the word cop-out from Scripten's post calling you on it right afterwards.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, forgot:
Ah, so there's your second partner. Case closed.
So you think it's a great idea to lynch someone who had to go up for replacement before doing anything at all?
I'm asking why you care so much.

Now look at this situation. 4maskwolf is at 3 votes, TolyK is at 2, and Deathsword is at 1. That's 6 votes being used out of at most, probably 10.

4maskwolf and Toaster don't want 4maskwolf lynched, they don't think 4maskwolf is scum! But oh no! They can't vote anybody else they think is actually scum to lynch instead. Oh shit, maybe those two didn't think out their role customization or they're scum. I'm not policy-lynching. Toaster didn't even have to reveal his lack of vote, but he decided he wanted to 'cause? In any case, town wouldn't choose nonvoter, this is scum-hunting. I am pointing out a contradiction in 4maskwolf's actions.

Maybe Toaster is a poorly-thought out town and feels sympathy with his vote-less acquaintance? It's a good thing Wolf didn't get "non-extender" or he'd already be dead!

P.S. It's hilarious seeing 4maskwolf trying to throw suspicion on TolyK to save his own skin.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Are these requests for a fullclaim?  Because if it will help you realize what I'm doing, I can fullclaim for you.
Sure.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

The fact that he had changeling and used it had no bearing on my read, since it didn't influence me one way or the other.  He was slight town for not applying the unable-to-vote flaw, but his reluctance, combined with his attempt to change the lynch target as the day wound down, put him back into scum territory.
Hahaha
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 64