Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 64

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - TOWN WIN  (Read 87972 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - The First Dance Has Begun
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2014, 10:01:22 pm »

Flabort:
I like it. I can only see it flopping if people have falsified information from certain powers. *Checks list* Mask swap could be used just before the claim to confuse the plan; this can be countered by letting us know if your mask was swapped.

For the record, you aren't told if your mask is swapped.  You only know your initial mask, not your current.  (I assume the doge has no mirrors.)
*checks thread again*
Ah. So Mask Swap would really throw a wrench in the plan.
On the other hand, it could mess up a santa-scum team, too.
Puce

Quote from: Wikipedia
Puce is the French word for flea. The color is said to be the color of the bloodstains remaining on linen or bedsheets, even after being laundered, from a flea's droppings or after a flea has been crushed.
Yes. Puce is a blood-color, red. It was mentioned in one of my PMs that there are two "red" colors, and that puce was one of them. This is because I didn't think, and tried to target "red" before reading the thread thoroughly and thinking I didn't see the mask list because I was an idiot for not seeing the list, when in reality I was an idiot for not seeing WHY I didn't see the mask list. And for my troubles of jumping the gun, I used up an action that I can't use today, without it affecting ANY target.
Basically, I already knew that about Puce.
Reverie What do you think of Santa? Has anyone targeted you with a gift or Santa style ability?

Fish fish fish
Uhuh. First off, I am the player most likely to fish in any situation, I believe we've covered this in previous games. Second off, this is less fishing then my usual style.
I'm asking Reverie this because I want her opinion on the ability, and to figure out if anyone is buddying her, if the scum team is the "Santa buddies" style this game. Basically, I figure that if she's been santa'd, she's more likely to be scum, though it's far from a guarantee, because Santa is also a town-sided ability too. If she happens to have a kill AND have been santa'd, then she's almost certainly scum, but of course nobody would admit to having a kill so there's no point in fishing for that.

Toaster What are the odds of a third party in this set-up, in your opinion? What would your immediate reaction be to finding one (4mask says you dislike them)?

Nil, because I asked NQT and he said there weren't any.  Therefore, my reaction would be to call immediate bullshit and vote them until they hung.
You asked via PM? Because I can't see that anywhere in the thread. The only clue yes or no is in the OP where it neglects to mention them in the brackets after "alignment", while town and scum are mentioned. These seems like it should be more publicly known if it's true. NQT, could you confirm this?

Another question for you, then, Toaster.
What is your favorite thing about this set-up? And what do you like most about lynching?

4mask Same question. Your favorite thing about the set-up, and about lynching.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2014, 03:45:30 am »

Toaster: action failure due to illegal self-targeting looks exactly the same as action failure due to blocking, except if you're circumspect.

Flabort: There are no 3rd parties.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2014, 03:58:42 am »

Flabort, why are you soft-claiming actions and abilities and other information?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2014, 04:19:02 am »

@Flabort: Intermittent, hmm.
A Vigilante might take the ability to mitigate the extreme cost of their kill ability.
I could also see scum taking it, as with their increased ability to coordinate it would be much easier to overcome.
I wouldn't take the ability on an information or buff role though, they rely on their actions too much.

I seem to be struck with mental paralysis again. The game is fairly slow, and thus there are few flaws for me to analyze that haven't already been commented on adequately. However especially with the increased complexity, I am unsure of how to increase the conversation.

Deathsword: If you were scum, what power would you lest want town to have?

Toonyman: If you were scum, how would you use your communication to abuse the power system?

Totyk: Who would you prefer for a scumpartner?

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2014, 04:25:38 am »

So a general question, How do you guys pick who you are asking a certain question? is there like a pattern to it or you just asking randome people?

Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2014, 04:34:40 am »

Totyk: Who would you prefer for a scumpartner?
Probably Toaster, since we've been on teams before and I would feel comfortable with his game. He's also hard to read, which is an added bonus.
Pfp
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2014, 05:14:53 am »

Varee:
So a general question, How do you guys pick who you are asking a certain question? is there like a pattern to it or you just asking randome people?
This is RVS, 'Random Vote Stage'. This is where we all awkwardly ask each other questions until we get enough discussion going to start catching scumslips.

4maskwolf:
4maskwolf: What would you think of a player who has the flaw 'Unable to vote'?
That they have a big power hidden behind the flaw.
Do you think any townsperson would choose such a flaw?

Flabort:
Reverie What do you think of Santa? Has anyone targeted you with a gift or Santa style ability?
Santa is useless to town without knowing who's behind the masks. Just like with my warning to vigilantes earlier, it's a gamble.

As for your question, no. I haven't been Santa'd. If I was scum and had been Santa'd, I 'd definitely not fall into the trap now that you've revealed the method behind it to whoever found it curious. Really, I would have waited for an answer before defanging the question.

Everyone What are your feelings on the power modifiers? Which ones are most useful, and which are not worth their cost? What are your feelings on Hidden, specifically?

I think Free- is the most useful all around, while Hidden- is uselessly paranoid and slightly scummy. Townspeople's actions have no reason to be driven into secrecy.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2014, 10:40:48 am »

Flabort, why are you soft-claiming actions and abilities and other information?
Hmm? I only claimed that I knew two colors early due to a mistake, and that I used up an action early. I would hardly call that soft-claiming abilities or other information, though I guess it implies my earliest gut impressions.

@Flabort: Intermittent, hmm.
A Vigilante might take the ability to mitigate the extreme cost of their kill ability.
I could also see scum taking it, as with their increased ability to coordinate it would be much easier to overcome.
I wouldn't take the ability on an information or buff role though, they rely on their actions too much.
Hmm, interesting. I see what you mean. So if a player happens to have a kill and intermittent, does it mean they are more likely to be a town vigilante or a scum killer? Does it make them more or less suspicious?

Mostly just random, but focusing on people who've already answered the questions I gave them earlier, rather than overwhelming someone with multiple questions while they're away.

Flabort:
Santa is useless to town without knowing who's behind the masks. Just like with my warning to vigilantes earlier, it's a gamble.

As for your question, no. I haven't been Santa'd. If I was scum and had been Santa'd, I 'd definitely not fall into the trap now that you've revealed the method behind it to whoever found it curious. Really, I would have waited for an answer before defanging the question.

Everyone What are your feelings on the power modifiers? Which ones are most useful, and which are not worth their cost? What are your feelings on Hidden, specifically?

I think Free- is the most useful all around, while Hidden- is uselessly paranoid and slightly scummy. Townspeople's actions have no reason to be driven into secrecy.

Eh, the question didn't really have fangs in the first place. They were already filed down flat, so removing them hardly did anything.

There is NOTHING a town person would want to keep secret? Like maybe if they cast a free-self-reflect (too expensive to actually be viable) on themselves every day, and don't want scum knowing that, so that when the scum come and try to kill them...? No, I guess I see your point, hidden is not worth as much for town.
The Cyan Menace

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2014, 11:25:49 am »

Toonyman Please elaborate on why you are voting Scripten. Is it a RVS vote? I don't think you would FoS and do a RVS vote in the same post, so why do you suspect Scripten?
Why can't I FoS and RVS vote someone in the same post?
Seeing as I've done this action before myself, I don't find it to be a problem. I am curious, though. I usually have a motivation behind all of my votes, including my RVS ones. Do you do the same thing, Toony?
And, if you do, what would you like to know of me?
To be honest, my main purpose was to prove I had a vote and didn't do something as silly as pick non-voter.

How's this though, would someone with a claimed "red" mask be more worthy of your vote?

Toonyman Please elaborate on why you are voting Scripten. Is it a RVS vote? I don't think you would FoS and do a RVS vote in the same post, so why do you suspect Scripten?
Why can't I FoS and RVS vote someone in the same post?
By FoSing, you imply that you have genuine suspicion of someone. By implying you suspect someone genuinely, you imply that you're ready to vote seriously. Therefor, you imply that you've moved past RVS into serious scum hunting, and that the person your voting is seriously suspicious, more so than the person you are FoSing.
So what motivation do you have to vote Scripten over me, if I warrant a FoS?
Maybe my suspicion of you didn't warrant a vote? Can a FoS not be to test the partaker?

How do you feel about wasting your ability this Day?

Toonyman: If you were scum, how would you use your communication to abuse the power system?
I don't know! I haven't thought about it.

@Toaster:
Toaster: action failure due to illegal self-targeting looks exactly the same as action failure due to blocking, except if you're circumspect.
Do you think any town players would choose mask swapping?

@MOD:
How many mafia members are there?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2014, 11:40:09 am »

-snip-
By FoSing, you imply that you have genuine suspicion of someone. By implying you suspect someone genuinely, you imply that you're ready to vote seriously. Therefor, you imply that you've moved past RVS into serious scum hunting, and that the person your voting is seriously suspicious, more so than the person you are FoSing.
So what motivation do you have to vote Scripten over me, if I warrant a FoS?
Maybe my suspicion of you didn't warrant a vote? Can a FoS not be to test the partaker?

How do you feel about wasting your ability this Day?
I guess it can, but that's a strange way to use something that even has "suspicion" right in it's name.
what i wouldn't do for a cough drop
Mediocre. Kinda dumb, too, but it worked out in a way that if I hadn't wasted that one, I would have wound up wasting the other, in a sense. So... wasting that action seems kinda par.
The Cyan Menace

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2014, 11:50:09 am »

Flabort, you basically claimed that you used your action for today, which implies that you can't action now today (unless, obviously, you have a free action one). It could possibly later be used to claim that you did nothing d1. And it's free information for everyone, not something you'd probably do willingly. Pfp
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2014, 12:11:50 pm »

4mask Same question. Your favorite thing about the set-up, and about lynching.
Set-up: being able to choose my own role.
Lynching: lynching scum, obviously.  I'm not entirely sure of the point of this question.

4maskwolf:
Yes, I've done it twice now.  To demonstrate: TolyK, I'm random voting you. Now how does that make you feel?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2014, 12:19:47 pm »

4maskwolf:
Yes, I've done it twice now.  To demonstrate: TolyK, I'm random voting you. Now how does that make you feel?
Um. What have you done twice now?
It doesn't make me feel anything unless you actually ask me questions or have suspicion on me.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2014, 12:26:07 pm »

Um. What have you done twice now?
NQT: votecount, please.

You'll see when the votecount is posted, if you can't figure it out before then.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2014, 12:30:04 pm »

It was ambiguous, so forgive my questioning.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 64