Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 64

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - TOWN WIN  (Read 87996 times)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 2 - The Hazards Of Love
« Reply #690 on: August 06, 2014, 10:05:06 pm »

Personal conclusion: some things are slightly contradictory, but nothing terribly scummy.

PPE: So many previews, and not one accidental post! I'm on a roll! :P
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 06, 2014, 10:11:50 pm »

Gah I wasted so much time preparing anwsers for Tirun's questions. Also I somehow deleted/forgot to save one of my posts.

Let's expand that earlier question a bit:

Wolf, Jiokuy, Flabort, TolyK, and Toony:  Why aren't you voting Varee now?

I'm still committed to the Varee lynch. Atm I would rather not waste the rest of our D2 with a quick hammer though.

Welp, huh Persus was scum. 1 down 2 to go. I can't say I had a particularly good read on him.

I agree in Flabort townyness.

Reverie: Varee's early color assumptions are indeed quite amusing.

Reverie & Flabort: Also that is an amazing compilation of information you've collected on 4mask. I'll try to build a similar folder on. . .Lord Toaster. Well I can't say this will be easy.

Also, this Saturday the internet turns back on. The cable guy is coming at noon (GMT -5) 9th of August.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 06, 2014, 10:40:37 pm »

I'd be totally cool with ToonyMan or 4mask, really, because my gut suspects them both.  I might do both anyway!

On Toony:  Let's see where he starts.

#80:  RVS vote on Scripten.  Nothing unusual.
#156:  Votes 4mask for his high flaw count and specifically nonvoter.  Not a fan of this vote (and I said so earlier.)

Anyway, Toony's largest block of time D1 was spent attacking people whose builds he didn't like.  Once he finally backed off 4mask for that he didn't immediately do anything.  That done, he then voted Varee on the grounds that town wouldn't pick the build he did.  Once Flabort claims, he goes back to me on the grounds that he says a nonvoter is scum.  Then to TolyK for... reasons.  Then back to Varee for I assume the same reason as before (and to break a tie.)

Questions for Toony:  Now that both 4mask and I can vote, how does that affect your opinion of us?  Yesterday we were pretty scummy for picking nonvoter; how much of that still applies?

Why didn't you answer this question to you?

Hmm.  A quick checkback suddenly pings up Reverie as scum, but I'll need to read back to be sure.  4mask will have to wait.

After some RVS D1, she proposes a D3 mask claim; it's met with generalized apathy.  No real opinion on that, though.  Later, she gives 4mask a FoS with no actual vote out.  There's no reason this couldn't have been a vote.  Ditto to Tiruin.

First actual vote is on Varee, and it's a cheap easy one to make.  She does back off it, though.

Then she votes Silthuri for inactivity.  Also cheap and easy.  Reads are light on analysis.  Eventually, she goes back to Varee on the reasoning that D2 would have lots of flips and would excuse the lack of one D1.

D2 she starts off with a vote on me that screams "getting in early on a bandwagon."  In terms of content, the only analysis she's done today is the review of 4mask, which... oh wait, it was just a summary list and not actually content.  Yeah, no content today.  Very little tomorrow.  Reverie is scum coasting through the game to stay under the radar.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 06, 2014, 11:58:07 pm »

Questions for Toony:  Now that both 4mask and I can vote, how does that affect your opinion of us?  Yesterday we were pretty scummy for picking nonvoter; how much of that still applies?
Meh. 4mask is probably town. You're probably scum. Using nonvoter as an argument doesn't really work.

Sure my highness. I'm still cool with Varee.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 07, 2014, 07:52:45 am »

It occurs to me I never posted a conclusion for ToonyMan.

My conclusion is that his play is somewhat weak and I don't really trust his motivations, but it's not enough to outright vote him.

ToonyMan: Why do you think 4mask is town?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 07, 2014, 08:12:40 am »

Sure my highness. I'm still cool with Varee.

Well that is band wagoning under you guys defenition isnt it ...

My vote still go to wolf as he definitely took a kill now, we can not tell if he really sold it or not.

well look like i will be joining my lover in the grave soon so no reason to hold the info back right?

Am emerald or at least was emerald at the start of the game. I dont have anything to do anymore as my power now consist of all passive and I dont know if people even care about my opinion anymore.

So for those who still care. Wolf build is very vague, he keep telling us about getting power to sell but who knows? toasters took a lot of power now and by getting rid of him that is another 2 kill and a lot of point gone form the point pool. Someone definitely have been peeking at masks but keeping quiet.

For the record the nudge thing is about me pming NQT about flabort using extend that he missed.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 07, 2014, 08:38:44 am »

Actually, by my count, it's tied now, with about 1:20 left in the day.

Spoiler: My count (click to show/hide)

NQT, vote count?

Also, with that claim, I know everyone's original mask.  No, I'm still not claiming them.

I don't have a kill.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 07, 2014, 08:56:06 am »

Actually, by my count, it's tied now, with about 1:20 left in the day.

The day ends tomorrow, Friday.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 07, 2014, 09:01:47 am »

Reading is cool.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 07, 2014, 09:52:40 am »

Toaster:
Reading is cool.
Indeed it is. I was going to respond to you later when I finished my analysis of 4maskwolf, but if you insist, I'll bite now.

After some RVS D1, she proposes a D3 mask claim; it's met with generalized apathy.  No real opinion on that, though.  Later, she gives 4mask a FoS with no actual vote out.  There's no reason this couldn't have been a vote.  Ditto to Tiruin.
How is deciding to use an FoS instead of a vote scummy during RVS? Both are pressure tools and FoS's are fine.

First actual vote is on Varee, and it's a cheap easy one to make.  She does back off it, though.
Yes I voted Varee, and it was an obvious decision, aside from the resurrection thing. I still stand by my vote and I still think he is your scumbuddy.

As for my reads on everyone else...
Reads are light on analysis.
...they were exactly that, unconvinced. However, between pending inspection results and later the promise of an informative second dance, this was fine by me.

D2 she starts off with a vote on me that screams "getting in early on a bandwagon."
Sure, accuse me of bandwagoning on something scummy as hell that you have yet to explain off.
Reiterating:
I figured power in my hands was more trustworthy than in the hands of anyone else.
This is not something a townie would say. Explain?

As for my mask, it's Ochre, unless someone swapped for it. With so few unclaimed masks in play it's not as worthwhile to delay claiming anymore.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 07, 2014, 10:09:02 am »

So white and beige are the two remaining masks...

Jiokuy: Help us isolate who Toaster is by claiming your mask

Everyone: My analysis of Scripten is fairly simple.  He's played fairly well throughout the entirety of our time (particularly for being a relatively new player), and he was changeling'd early day one by Varee.  However, his role, confirmed by Varee, would be extremely useless as scum, particularly now that Persus the scum has died and we know that he had a kill.  What I mean here is this: what point would there be for him to have taken such a role over an actual power role, like the one Varee and Toaster had.  Both of their roles are designed to screw the town over.  As such, I have shifted him over to the near-confirmed townie bucket.  It's just unfortunate that he is lover'd to Toaster, but Toaster is too dangerous of a scum to be kept alive.

ToonyMan: yes, I agree with you, Varee is likely scum.  However, you just said that you think Toaster is scum as well, and Toaster's role is a hell of a lot more powerful than Varee's is.  Varee, if I'm remembering correctly, is currently sitting on hardcore, virtuous, and either a one point power/auto or one point.  In other words, we have bigger fish to fry: namely Toaster.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 07, 2014, 10:10:09 am »

"Well this is quite exciting," says Emerald to White as the step together beneath the opulent glow of a thousand candle chandelier.

"The deaths?" asks White, looking at the two crumpled gowns on the floor.

"Oh no!" says Emerald, "a bit of light murder is all par for the course at the Doge's palace. I mean the dance. Is this a quanto dispaine?"

Suddenly White starts shaking.

"Don't. Say. Those. Words."

"Quanto dispaine?"

Masks: Lemon, Ochre, Ultramarine, Turquoise, Brown, White, Chrome, Beige, Emerald, Puce

Guest List - Formal Requests For Unmasking
Reverie - Toaster [1]
Toaster - Wolf, Reverie, Scripten [3]
Varee - Tolyk, Flabort, Toony [2]
Wolf - Varee [1]
Toony
Silthuri
Scripten
TolyK
Jiokuy
Flabort

Hammer is 6 votes. Day ends when the hammer falls, or Friday 4PM BST (GMT+1)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 12:20:26 pm by notquitethere »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 07, 2014, 10:12:16 am »

You missed Toaster's vote on Reverie.  :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 07, 2014, 10:17:52 am »

Oh, we've gotten that far in mask claiming?  I hadn't realized.

I'm beige.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 07, 2014, 10:26:36 am »

Oh, we've gotten that far in mask claiming?  I hadn't realized.
For someone who flaunts knowing everyone's masks, this is a strange admission.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 64