Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 64

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - Dance 3 - TOWN WIN  (Read 88215 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Masquerade - The First Dance Has Begun
« Reply #165 on: July 27, 2014, 03:11:41 pm »

What mask did you have originally? We would be able to target the person who changeling'd you.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2014, 03:12:46 pm »

Ultramarine, and I think I have it still. Changeling just switches powers, not masks.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2014, 03:13:32 pm »

Ultramarine, and I think I have it still. Changeling just switches powers, not masks.
Oh, right.

What time did you get the PM that you were changeling'd?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2014, 03:17:24 pm »

I forgot to say this:
I need to use my vote, but I'm not certain of anything yet, so I'm going to flip a coin to see if I vote for someone who DOESN'T have a vote on them yet, or someone who DOES. Then I'm going to roll an appropriately-sided die.
Spoiler: table of possibilities (click to show/hide)
What. Voting somebody with a coin flip and dice roll? We can't get a read on someone whose actions are purposely randomized.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2014, 03:19:43 pm »

July 26, 2014, 05:06:26 am EST

This may have been some time after the act itself. I was actually about to go out fly fishing, so I haven't had much time to respond to it. On the other hand, it looks like certain people have already indicted themselves. I gave the rest of the scum enough time to properly dig themselves some holes before claiming.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2014, 03:27:08 pm »

And the result is in. My random vote goes to...

Deathsword You wouldn't have been my first choice if I hadn't left it in the hands of fate, but what do you think about random votes? How do you think the Random Vote Stage can be most properly utilized for town? For scum? What do you think about the current TolyK vs Tiruin conversation? About the Scripten vs 4mask discussion? Toony vs 4mask? What is your opinion on ninjas like Scripten? What is your opinion on the Hide power? Do you think that three scum working together could find the points or powers to build one of their own into a 100% invincible scum with some combination of Virtuous, Holy, Super-Saint, Radiant, Hardy, Kill-immune, resurrect, etc? Speaking of which, what's your opinion on Resurrection? How would you respond to being hammered if you had a resurrection? How would you respond to being the target of Hammer minus one WITHOUT a resurrection?

PPE: Scripten OK, that's an interesting claim. One shot, so you don't have the changeling that was targeted at you. Lover, so we don't lynch you. Dense, so you can't have any powers later. This could be true, in which case, we should not lynch you. Or, it could be a cleverly concocted fake claim, telling us you don't have anything to hide the fact that you have a powerful ability, lover, again so we don't lynch you, and plausible deniability (<-auto correct say that's not a word, but won't tell me how to spell it right) if a blatant report says you did something. Because what would a scum be doing with 5 points of flaws, if all they took was changeling? They'd have 6 unspent points!... which happens to be enough to afford a kill after getting rid of their flaws. Crap. And you claim to have had a resurrection before being changeling'd? Crap.
I'm inclined to believe you for now, but that's a dang powerful scum team they've built already if it's true. I don't like it.

PPE2: Toonyman that's not the point. The point of random voting is getting my vote out there, since I feel it's been wasting until now, even though I didn't feel anyone was suspicious until after I got ninja'd by WOW.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2014, 03:35:50 pm »

Toaster should be fine if Scripten was lynched, it's only the other way around that would work. Unless Toaster was a Lover towards Scripten.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2014, 03:37:03 pm »

Doesn't lover in this game mean only one-way?

Ppe yup, I think so too, toony.

Pfp
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2014, 03:39:29 pm »

PPE: Scripten OK, that's an interesting claim. One shot, so you don't have the changeling that was targeted at you. Lover, so we don't lynch you. Dense, so you can't have any powers later. This could be true, in which case, we should not lynch you. Or, it could be a cleverly concocted fake claim, telling us you don't have anything to hide the fact that you have a powerful ability, lover, again so we don't lynch you, and plausible deniability (<-auto correct say that's not a word, but won't tell me how to spell it right) if a blatant report says you did something. Because what would a scum be doing with 5 points of flaws, if all they took was changeling? They'd have 6 unspent points!... which happens to be enough to afford a kill after getting rid of their flaws. Crap. And you claim to have had a resurrection before being changeling'd? Crap.
I'm inclined to believe you for now, but that's a dang powerful scum team they've built already if it's true. I don't like it.

What? How is lover a powerful ability? Also, look again at how the points added up. The scum who hit me has one extra point, not six. You didn't factor out the cost of changeling.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2014, 03:40:55 pm »

Scripten, I could possibly check how many points you have. Not going to risk it at the moment though. You might want to use your extension, too.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2014, 03:45:15 pm »

One more thing. Don't forget that mafia only get one kill in a day. All it takes is for one of them to have bought a kill and they're at average mafia power level. What we have right now is a mafia player who cannot be killed immediately and is also immune to gossip (Which is why I suggested trying to make a fake report on a player. If it doesn't go through, you've confirmed that they've got virtuous.) And if someone is lynched and comes back, they can't be protected after that.

TolyK: It's up to you if you want to check/confirm me. We only get one power in a day and I don't know how useful a confirmation on my statements is for the town this early on. I'm expecting to be killed fairly soon just because the scumteam knows my mask and that I'm not immune.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2014, 03:46:55 pm »

Scripten. The scum starts with 5 points. He took 5 points in flaws. That's 10 points. Minus four for changeling. 6. You forgot to factor IN the starting points.
Also, you misread what I said. Lover is not a powerful ability, said you were "telling us you don't have anything good, because you were hiding a powerful ability", and that you were "telling us you had lover so that we wouldn't lynch you", because I thought it would kill Toaster if you died. Those two sentence fragments are only related because I was listing off the reasons you would have picked each flaw for your fake claim; they do not mean that lover is powerful.

Toaster should be fine if Scripten were lynched, it's only the other way around that would work. Unless Toaster was a Lover towards Scripten.
Right. OK. Thank you, I forgot that it isn't necessarily mutual.
So the flaw is closer to "unrequited lover" in flavor.

Anyways, that lessens my suspicion that Scripten has fake claimed, but worsens my worry about this scum team.
What are the odds that they would hit the person with just 1 flaw, and resurrect? I'm suspicious now that, since there are two others, they might have a pretty good information network as far as abilities go (prolific free power cops?) that allowed them to specifically hunt down and find a resurrection for their ally.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2014, 03:54:15 pm »

Scripten. The scum starts with 5 points. He took 5 points in flaws. That's 10 points. Minus four for changeling. 6. You forgot to factor IN the starting points.
Also, you misread what I said. Lover is not a powerful ability, said you were "telling us you don't have anything good, because you were hiding a powerful ability", and that you were "telling us you had lover so that we wouldn't lynch you", because I thought it would kill Toaster if you died. Those two sentence fragments are only related because I was listing off the reasons you would have picked each flaw for your fake claim; they do not mean that lover is powerful.

Ah, okay. My apologies, I'd misread what you'd said as "six points extra" since that's what I'd said in my post. I see better what you mean now, and I think I can understand where you're coming from. Still, yeah, it's a bit of a pain in the arse with a resurrecting scum member. Granted, it's only one use, so once we find them, it won't be hard to eventually eliminate them entirely.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2014, 04:04:36 pm »

You really should extend, seeing as you say you're gonna be killed soon.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2014, 04:09:32 pm »

If I'm not mistaken, scum are able to kill on day one, so I'm not sure what my potential stabbing has to do with it. It's also possible that, since most, if not all, of the specific information I know is out there in full view, I may not be as much of a threat to the scum team. After all, I can't exactly use powers against them.

Voting to extend just for the lack of votes, tho.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 64