Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Cyborg Weapon Smith (a weapon designer) 05 update.  (Read 9234 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Cyborg Weapon Smith (a weapon designer)
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2014, 08:53:33 pm »

Project Proposal:0003 Long distance mine deployment system "Discus"

Classifications: Small arms/explosives

Abstract: Development of hand-held launcher of disk based ammunition allows for easy deployment of Area of Denial minefields or elimination of small to large enemy combatants

Detailed: Inspired by the mechanics behind clay pigeon launching and frisbee throwing, the proposed weapon utilizes the disk shaped nature of mines to allow for quick, fast, and safe deployment from safe distances. Open ended nature of the device would allow for utilization for different situations: time delayed mines allow for the rapid laying of minefields, impact explosive mines allow for neutralization of large vehicles, irritant gas mines allows for nullifying entrenched opponents from a long distance

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2014, 01:03:34 pm »

Strap plastic explosives onto trained pigeons. Send them into Kedardoviastanian territory. Detonate when a settlement is reached. Profit.
Did you know that pigeon-guided missiles where a thing?

Any more ideas other than the discus mine launcher and Barrage balloons?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2014, 01:14:50 pm »

Create cybernetic pigeons guided by organic missiles.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2014, 01:57:05 pm »

Experimental Railgun Ramjet missile

Using our experience from the Gyro round, this system combines the rapid acceleration from the railgun with the power of a tactical missile. Intended as a large bombardment weapon, the installation is rather big and completely unmovable without dismantling and rebuilding the system. It is suggested that this will be build into a hill, directed at our enemies.

The railgun part of the weapon will be 100 meters long, for a final speed of 1000 meter per second, or about mach 3. A conventional round thus follows a strictly ballistic trajectory. A ramjet missile round will engage it's ramjet(which is most fuel efficient and mach 3), and move towards it's targets. Depending on range and fuel reserves, final speed will be between mach 3 and mach 6.

The railgun round will weighting almost one ton.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2014, 03:00:27 am »

I propose we build a mini-bomber. It would be fast enough to survive some AA guns, and it would drop around 4 bombs. Incendiary, napalm bombs.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2014, 02:21:17 pm »

Experimental Railgun Ramjet missile

Work on the large rail gun battery begins, upscaling the railgun to propel a large bombardment missile is simple.
Building it will take longer, much longer as high command insists, that given the weapons immobility it is to be housed in a new armored installation deep underground.

The good news is that you are able to test the missile with rocket boosters.
Spoiler: Railgun Ramjet Missile (click to show/hide)
The bad news in that it need a air speed of 200 meters per second in order to be self-sustaining.

(Did you know? That the U.S. Air Force tried to develop a nuclear powered ramjet engine?)

================
Project "Discus"

The Discus gun is more like a over built clay pigeons thrower than a gun.
Spoiler: Discus gun (click to show/hide)
================
Strap plastic explosives onto trained pigeons. Send them into Kedardoviastanian territory. Detonate when a settlement is reached. Profit.
Create cybernetic pigeons guided by organic missiles.

Work on project terminator pigeon is rapid by the standards of animal training.
Useing direct neurostimulation on the pigeons, they quickly get the idea, and after building there micro plane,  project terminator pigeon is ready for it's first test.

====
Make air mine, attach mine to transplant balloons with a few yard if nylon cord. Make them so our soldier can carry them to the line and deploy them

Building the air mine is a simple case of just useing some RPG 18 AA's for there proximity fuzes and warheads.
The balloon are just as easy, there only down fall is that the weight of the mooring cables limits the balloons hight to 1,500 meters or so.

Spoiler: Air Mine Balloon (click to show/hide)
============

Work starts on a mini-bomber but it will be a awhile before you have a working prototype.
(i kind of need more to work from, engine type? any weapons? number of pilots? any armour or counter measure?)

---------

As the last kedardoviastan troops cross there broader, the war slows to a halt, as the crohakon army is unwilling to pursue them in to a probable trap.

Still this new pace is unlikely to hold for long.

Army state use
==============
58,000 common solders:
Standard issue equipment:AK-47, bolo bullets in limited issue
Additional weapons: RPK machine guns, Dragunov sniper rifles and
RPG-18 anti-tank rockets are a available.
Armor: Flack vests

--------------
T-62 ~ 180
BMP-1 ~ 500
BMP-1 AA ~ 34

Artillery
-------------
Spoiler:  2B9 Vasilek automatic 82 mm gun-mortar X 72
Spoiler: 122 mm howitzer X 38

Air Force
Mil Mi-24 " Hind" helicopter gunship demilitarized transport X 25
Spoiler: MiG-23 X 20

Technology's mastered
----------------------
Laser weapons 1 / ?
Remote control 1 / ?
Rocket 2/?
Railguns 1??
Ramjets 1/?
Neurostimulation implants 1/?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2014, 02:50:49 pm »

The mini bomber is only flor the extremely brave - it is armed with a small 12mm machinegun and 4 40 kg HE bombs, it is build of cheap, light metal (aluminum?), one man per plane, 1 standard and 1 jet engine.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2014, 03:03:40 pm »

So by normal engine and a jet engine, you mean a turbofan and a ramjet engine for high speed use?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2014, 03:04:44 pm »

Project Proposal: 0004 Visual Subversion Device "Decoy"

Classification: other

Abstract: Applying recent advances of projection technology to the battlefield, one is able to misdirect the opponent.

Details: By using a device to project a holographic representation of either armed forces, tanks, or other targets, we could potentially lay traps, mask a retreat, perform flanking maneuvers, etc. Never underestimate the strategic benefits of decoys
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2014, 03:12:11 pm »

What year is this set in actually?

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2014, 03:12:44 pm »

PTW

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2014, 03:17:16 pm »

Yes.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2014, 03:25:55 pm »

Time wise 2013ish.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2014, 04:39:20 pm »

In that case, we're probably heading a bit to far into the future. Anyway.

Modular Teletank

A small, nimble yet dangerous main battletank, this tank relies on the newest technologies to defeat it's enemies.

1) No crew. Greatly reduces size, cost, and weak points. Instead the tank is commanded like a drone.
2) Carbon fiber based plating reduce weight to a mere 25 tonnes.
3) modular design makes upgrading easy, allowing for weapons and power systems to be switched at will.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2014, 05:35:06 pm »

Crossover research between cyber pigions and modular teletanks, an advanced version of the teletank uses an enhanced pigeon to control it, allowing for functionality even in the event of a signal jamming.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6