Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Heir (SG)  (Read 1698 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Heir (SG)
« on: July 18, 2014, 12:06:18 am »

Your whole life you've lived in a castle. Swelled in it's luxury, plump with the best food money could buy, and cradled in the finest clothes seamstresses can sew. You father is king of Alberting, and you are his second son. Your father is ill, and it seems thing will soon take a turn for the worse. Even though you lived your life as perfect as anyone could, you're still unhappy that just because your brother was born minutes before you he gets to be king. But the only thing you can do now is wait and hope on of your heirs can earn the crown, or get your own somehow.

You decide to visit your father is his bed, since hes too ill now to get out. One you open the door to his bed chamber he looks at you.

W-Who... Are you? He asks breathlessly. His memory has also been fading in his old age. Poor man can't even remember his own son's name.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Heir (SG)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 12:10:49 am »

"Father... It's me, Korvac! Your second son!"
Ensure the old man can get a clear look at your face. Of course, since our last name is his, there's no point in stating it for him.
Dude, how many games do you even have?
Take a closer look at this text!

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 12:19:44 am »

The old man smiles softly and pats on his bed.

R-Right. Im sorry Korvac. My memory is just so fuzzy now a days.

You go and sit on his bed, and he put your hand on his leg.

How do you feel father?

I have been better son. As if on cue he starts hacking wildly into his fist, bringing up some. Im sorry you have to see me in this state.

You grab a piece of cloth off his nightstand and wipe the blood off his lips. Its alright father. You can't help it.

He smiles, tearing up slightly, and puts his hand on your shoulder after a few failed tries. I love you son. Ive gone blind, I should have said earlier. Remind me what you look like.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 02:06:12 am »

"Well, father..."
Korvac proceeds to tell his father about himself - from his sharp, angular face, dark grey eyes, light stubble of a beard, and unruly red hair to his above average height and darkly tanned skin - similar to the king in his youth. Of course, he didn't get his father's muscular build - Korvac was simply average in most physical areas - but that would surely change given time and a slight lifestyle change.

((My apologies for not being very good at this.))

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 02:35:06 am »

"Well, father..."
Korvac proceeds to tell his father about himself - from his sharp, angular face, dark grey eyes, light stubble of a beard, and unruly red hair to his above average height and darkly tanned skin - similar to the king in his youth. Of course, he didn't get his father's muscular build - Korvac was simply average in most physical areas - but that would surely change given time and a slight lifestyle change.

+1 surely this it the bit where the second son goes off in search of fame and fortune, just after our dear old dad tells us something important  on his death bed.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 02:36:23 am »

"Well, father..."

+1 surely this it the bit where the second son goes off in search of fame and fortune, just after our dear old dad tells us something important  on his death bed.
+1 seems good.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 03:15:28 am »

He smiles and sighs happily. Ah, you remind me much of myself at your age. He started into a coughing fit, bringing up enough to coat his whole hand, and start to drip off it.

You grab the rag from before and cover his mouth to try and help him. But he keeps goes on coughing until he falls backwards into his pillow. D-Dad?

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 04:23:37 pm »

Forge a document with his seal and fake his signature where he leaves the kingdom to us, if he's dead. If not fake the document and get him to sign it under the pretext of something else

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 08:40:41 pm »

Call in help from whatever doctors or herbalist are around! Unless there dwarven!

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 02:58:47 pm »

You look around the room quickly for any papers or royal document, but theres nothing around.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 02:59:37 pm »

Check for a pulse, if none is to be found, inform whoever that our father has passed on.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 03:44:52 pm »

Call for servants, but check the pulse.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 03:52:45 pm »

+1 maybe he's not dead.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 09:12:54 pm »

You grab his wrist and check for his pulse... Theres nothing. You jump out of his bed and bolt out the door, yelling for help. The guards posted at his door immediately rush in, and the herbalists and witch doctor run in not long afterward.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 09:16:41 pm »

Time to tell our brother.
Pages: [1] 2