Poll

I play/prefer...

Vanilla DF 40.x
Still playing Masterwork for DF 34.x
Both equally.
Both, mostly the new vanilla.
Both, mostly Masterwork.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Poll - MDF or DF40.x ?  (Read 26718 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Poll - MDF or DF40.x ?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 11:58:16 pm »

I only play masterwork every so often to begin with, but there are a few workshops that I sorely miss, and have actually ripped off and pasted over to vanilla. I usually take the wood splitting block at least, though I probably won't need it nearly as much anymore. The crematorium is also, and continues to be, exceptionally useful. I also enjoy the secret ‼FUN‼, but other than that, I'm happy to play vanilla as they come out.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 03:15:26 am »

I bought dominions 4 which I play while Im waiting for masterwork to update and vanilla to get more stable.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Sefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 09:32:51 am »

Not going to play 40.x until therapist updates. I'm just not masochistic enough to try to assign labors with the default UI.

Uloldodok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 11:36:34 am »

I'll be waiting for MDF to update to 40.x, but I won't play 40.x either until MDF though; Vanilla DF gets too easy, too quickly.

Humans etc does not interest me the slightest, but after playing MDF with dwarves for so long I cannot move away from all the "extras" it gives, and the difficulty is very much needed.

But I do wonder one thing about the update cycle of MDF: Won't it be easier to actually update MDF to 40.x after humans are finished, dfhack is updated and a stable branch is released instead of updating it further on the current branch? The more content, the more work after all and all those workarounds etc to get MDF into the shape it is today might not work the same in 40.x meaning that you might actually have to slice some parts of MDF away to make it work in 40.x and it'd be a shame to build it, and then have to tear it down due to the update, if you get what I mean.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 12:20:32 pm »

Not going to play 40.x until therapist updates. I'm just not masochistic enough to try to assign labors with the default UI.

Therapist for DF 0.40.03 for Windows

I don't use Therapist myself, so I don't know what its status is for Mac/Linux, or how complete the 0.40.x version is.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Sefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 12:22:18 pm »

Greycat, I just want to say...

<3

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 02:38:42 pm »

Greycat, Splinterz I just want to say...

<3

Fixed that for you. :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 04:50:07 pm »

waiting for 40 to become stable, then waiting for MW to be released for it. Until then, lets murder more things in the name of the mountainhomes.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2014, 04:54:29 pm »

40.0x. I don't even know why I'm here instead of playing.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2014, 05:26:16 pm »

Glad to see that you're not discouraging the kind of people who say that you've done more to the game than Toady, Meph.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2014, 05:34:52 pm »

Glad to see that you're not discouraging the kind of people who say that you've done more to the game than Toady, Meph.
If I read this right you're sarcastically accusing Meph of setting up this thread to allow people to say that he is more important to this game than Toady. And from what I can see that isn't really a fair statement. Meph is interested in how many MDF players are actively playing MDF now that v40 came out, presumably so he can plan his development schedule appropriately. He got minimal feedback on humans, despite a beta being out, and presumed this was because people had switched over to v40. He wanted to see if this was correct. It is a valid point that this thread has attracted people with less than desirable opinions, but that doesn't mean you should get upset with Meph.

If I read this wrong ignore my above statement and carry on your merry way.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2014, 05:38:13 pm »

The only real sarcasm was the "glad" part. I'm not saying that Meph is saying he's more important than Toady, just that he's not discouraging the attitude of people who would say such a thing.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2014, 05:39:52 pm »

The only real sarcasm was the "glad" part. I'm not saying that Meph is saying he's more important than Toady, just that he's not discouraging the attitude of people who would say such a thing.
I'm confused, because I believe I've read posts by him specifically asking that people not demean Toady's work, at least when the comments are more explicit.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2014, 07:50:00 pm »

it's currently up to date at the moment.

but I just fired up a 5.10 fort :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2014, 07:54:34 pm »

I dont remember ever seeing a person posting that I am "more important" than Toady. Samarkand was spot on, I made this thread to see how many people stopped playing MDF because of DF2014, to decide if I should focus on adding more Warlock content for MDF, or instead update to DF2014 after I finished the humans.

Sometimes I think you take DF way more serious than I do.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13