Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 122223 times)

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #225 on: July 19, 2014, 11:00:58 am »

"And that means he deserves to die? That you have the right to kill him?"
Does it change anything with our tribe? No. I helped us out before he could spread his lies.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 19, 2014, 11:14:52 am »

((Done.))

"Kurgle, Kutuk. It's not a right time to start this conversation. Sun is low and we must cross the river to ensure safety of the tribe. What's done is done - and nothing can change this. As such, lecture about proper behavior toward strangers may wait until morning."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 19, 2014, 11:15:12 am »

((So do we worship some sort of tribal gods, or just the natural forces?))

Go across the river with the first party on the raft.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 19, 2014, 11:17:31 am »

((Spirits of nature, varying in power. With our beliefs about nature and man, it is impossible to think of a conception of a god.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 19, 2014, 12:45:16 pm »

Remind Conrak about the giant spear he was to make me, and request one of the new wagon things he made, once I recieve these, go first on the raft, and begin my legend hunt, if I don't get these, begin anyway, and make my own creations on the road
((No wagons yet, he made sledges instead.))

((I'm confused. Is it the following morning, or is it night? Are the rest of us ahead of TFN in time?))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2014, 12:55:02 pm »

((No wagons yet, he made sledges instead.))

((I'm confused. Is it the following morning, or is it night? Are the rest of us ahead of TFN in time?))

Night. At least it is at the river and in the woods. For those who haven't decided to go anywhere yet, time is more mutable.

For one, I assume the tribe moved out the same day as the advance party, since the following morning wasn't specified. Not that it particularly matters.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 19, 2014, 12:57:29 pm »

Well, the tribe would take a day or so to get packed. The first day was nearer to night when we had the meeting, so I assume that started the following day. So it must be night of the first day, with most of the actions taking place tomorrow. Maybe we should have a mini turn to resolve those who are out at night, before some ridiculous time dilation occurs?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 19, 2014, 01:00:53 pm »

((Wouldn't that mean the tribe wouldn't have caught up with the advance party, since the advance party left immediately after the council meeting?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 19, 2014, 01:09:48 pm »

Well, the tribe would take a day or so to get packed. The first day was nearer to night when we had the meeting, so I assume that started the following day. So it must be night of the first day, with most of the actions taking place tomorrow. Maybe we should have a mini turn to resolve those who are out at night, before some ridiculous time dilation occurs?

By the miracle of fives, they packed in a few hours, and decided to move out immediately, and now everybody is assumed to be in sync (maybe except tuypo), but she's going out to look for Clangbunk, which will put her in sync as well.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 19, 2014, 01:19:54 pm »

As the others leave, Elto does a quick search for stragglers before joining them.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 19, 2014, 02:56:47 pm »

Remind Conrak about the giant spear he was to make me, and request one of the new wagon things he made, once I recieve these, go first on the raft, and begin my legend hunt, if I don't get these, begin anyway, and make my own creations on the road
ask conrak to stay and help me find clangbunk before he leaves i have ideas for how he could improve his sled to allow him to catch up with the others anyway if he agrees go and find clangbunk if he dosent agree get angry at him then go and find clangbunk

so monk12 are you going to help us or leave

Conrak shrugs apologetically as he packs the sledge for himself and his relatives, filling it with his best crafting supplies and leaving behind old, broken tools and some half-built inventions that did not deliver on their fruit-dream promises. "I am sorry, Tuypogina, Nth. I have used all of my materials building these new sleds, and have nothing left to work with. I must leave with the rest of the tribe; exploration and rescue is a job for hunters and warriors, not craftsmen."

Conrak joins the rest of the tribe in their exodus, greatly enjoying his new creation. He is able to drag many more supplies than he could carry by himself, which will let him do some work while on the trail and will make it much easier to resume his usual routine once the tribe reaches its new encampment. Conrak sings loudly and happily while on the march, with an eye for impressing the ladies.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 20, 2014, 11:00:30 am »

ask conrak to stay and help me find clangbunk before he leaves i have ideas for how he could improve his sled to allow him to catch up with the others anyway if he agrees go and find clangbunk if he dosent agree get angry at him then go and find clangbunk

so monk12 are you going to help us or leave

[4] Realizing that Clangbunk has been missing for too long, you go out to look for him - fortunately, you manage to find him without Conrak's help, since he has wisely stuck around the river - he is cold, tired and confused, but you manage to get him to his tent and put him to sleep with a minimum of fuss. Hopefully he won't get sick from this little excursion. The healer already went ahead, after all.

Ask my fellow tribesmen "Could I rejoin my tribe?"

[4] Once you return to where you remember your fellow tribesmen to be, you find only Clangbunk, his apprentice who you don't know and a few remaining stragglers - the rest have gone off to the east, they inform you, and you feel like your arrival may have been timely indeed.

Find a decent stick in the woods,if I fail to find one,then snap off a branch and use that.

[5] The stick you need is easily found in the woods, along with virtually any other kind of woody material you might ever need, and you return quickly to the fold with it, ready to start work on whatever your plan was.

[1] Conrak cares little, for he has no materials to work with and you already have a sled, so you resolve to make do without his help.

[1] It is unfortunate exactly there that you find out why you are not a tool crafter by any means, for you only manage to cut your hands a few times, slightly damage a tree and nearly destroy one of your axe blades while trying to obtain some wood for a spear.

Listen for the river and follow that home. Then stare at my graves for several hours.

[6] Using your best judgment of the nightly sounds, you find the river and, after that, return to your village, feeling absolutely exhausted, though Tuypogina does catch up to you on the way and help you get home, at which point she puts you to sleep in a warm place, having none of your complaints that you need to go and watch your plant graves.

Organize people ferrying across.

[4] You manage to easily split up people along groups to be ferried, so as to prevent any troubles with boarding and speed the entire process along - the people respond to you readily to a degree where you suspect that, even if you officially do not have the title, you probably are at least the factual chief of the tribe. Not that it changes much - you still are a guide, and a maker of important decisions, and highly respected at that.

In a few hours, all of the tribe have already passed over the river - it is not ultimately that wide, though certainly treacherous if the crosser is unwary.

HANG BACK SO AS NOT TO BE SEEN

CROUCH DOWN AND LOOK AROUND FOR ROCKS.
DECENT-SIZED ONES, LARGER THAN FIST BUT NOT AS BIG AS HEAD

TIE ONE TO THE END OF A CORD, ABOUT HALF AN ARM-LENGTH LONG, MAKE SWINGY-BASHY-TRIPPY WEAPON
THEN LOOK AROUND FOR STICK TO USE AS CLUB

HIDE BEHIND TREE AND THINK UP GOOD SNEAKY PLAN

[3] Your tool crafting abilities are insufficient to create the weapon you have envisioned in your mind. First of all, you believe it probably needs a handle, otherwise it would be very unwieldy. It also does not seem like it would do much that a simply rock would not. Perhaps a sling would be a better idea?

[6] Fortunately, there is a rather large branch lying around nearby - you would need to use both of your hands to wield it properly, but a mighty club it would be indeed.

[6] While holding the club, you believe strongly that with it in hand, a plan is not strictly necessary. Even Irk would not be able to withstand a single blow from it, to say nothing about the contemptible Vukko.

Look at the food situation we currently have.

[4] Food is plentiful, and the tribe is happy - the water spirits hold you in high esteem already, it seems.

Be the first to step on the other side. Scout near the river for possible dangers.

[5] Fortunately, your fears are entirely unfounded - the raft proves safe and efficient, and durable enough to cross the river without any issue.

[4] On the other side, there are no real dangers - you did not see any signs of human life in your explorations, and this seems to remain the case.

"Kurgle. Nth has told me that you murdered a man earlier this day. Do you have an explanation?"
((Are you on the expedition?))
Get a long stick so we can push off the bottom, and ferry people across. Go with one of the earlier groups.

[3] The stick you obtain is not long, but you inspire others to look as well, and they do a little better. The raft complete, you beam with pride as it carries the tribe, you included, over the river.

Chantututu throws a rock in the air and claps.  He sees how many times he can clap before the rock comes down, and tries it again and again to try and increase that number.

[4] You increase the number to a point where you cannot count to it anymore - so you know it is over fifty. You are pleased.

((So do we worship some sort of tribal gods, or just the natural forces?))

Go across the river with the first party on the raft.

You do so, and find the trip uneventful.

As the others leave, Elto does a quick search for stragglers before joining them.

[1] You look for stragglers for quite a while before realizing that you are the only straggler left, Tuypogina and the sleeping Clangbunk notwithstanding - Tuypogina insists that the old man is not to be moved, lest he catch something in the cold of the night. So you move on, and are one of the last to cross the river along with Conrak.

Conrak sings loudly and happily while on the march, with an eye for impressing the ladies.

[5] Your singing does seem to be very impressive, and as a tool crafter you already enjoy quite a lot of female attention, being known as a highly competent and valued tribesman with almost unlimited resources. You wonder if it would be poor form to have another consort - you already have three, which is just as many as the shaman has. You do not think she would mind, ultimately. After all, you must spread your legacy as well as you can. But still, it is something to think about.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2014, 11:03:22 am »

Continue on our merry way!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 20, 2014, 11:16:01 am »

Arlia considered the quick response of the people to her lead. They had seemed receptive to the ideas of the stranger, almost eager to be led by a single individual. Perhaps it was time for the tribe to move in a new direction. Moving locations was tumultuous anyway; it left the tribe feeling unstable. Perhaps a single leader could stabilize. She would have to discuss the idea with the others when they arrived.

Lead the tribe to the new land.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 20, 2014, 11:20:18 am »

Make sure all my medicine is stocked in the sledge, and follow the tribe.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 77