Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 122525 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #735 on: August 06, 2014, 02:35:26 pm »

It is time for me to find myself a wife. No ordinary woman would survive the long treks a scout makes on everyday basis, but an agile huntress or able runner would be able to do this... Find if there are such in our tribe.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 06, 2014, 02:43:13 pm »

I continue to follow the old man! I'm so excited, I may adventure on yet!
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 06, 2014, 04:06:20 pm »

"Fate is a funny thing. Any man can wander in and claim himself leader with lies and honeyed words. True leadership is something that must be granted willingly by the followers, and I will do my best to bear that burden. What is it you would wish to tell me?" Tuktu responds, glancing around to make sure he and Elto are alone.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 06, 2014, 05:06:28 pm »

"Many, many years ago, we lived by ocean as we do now, but far to the West. Another tribe, longer established in the area than we were, lived alongside us nearby. We coexisted for some time, but eventually they grew sour to us, and we were forced to leave. Ever since, our people have grown increasingly fearful and resentful of outsiders. A time of great chaos followed immediately after, though. Many people were mixed up and lost, some of ours killed or taken by them or lost in our escape.

"However, some of them had been among us, and to this day their blood flows in the veins of some of our people. Including, perhaps, you. Arlia and I, who remember what most have forgotten or are too young to remember, have kept this secret, for fear of this tribe tearing itself apart in self-hatred. We had meant for this knowledge to die with us, to protect the tribe forever. But I feel you deserve to know, now."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 06, 2014, 08:46:38 pm »

You know my before we moved I had plans to meet up with somebody of that tribe I had the backstreet all worked out one day I came across somebody from that tribe out in the wilds he was my love intrest but then we moved and all hope of a romeo and Juliet story was lost and any hope of us meeting back up when we were old people dies with me
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 06, 2014, 10:12:23 pm »

"If it was as long ago as you say, it should not matter anymore. Their blood has probably mixed with our own in more of our tribe members than not. The same might be true of them. Perhaps if we ever come across them, we can start a new on common ground. But until that day, I see no reason for our behavior towards outsiders to change. None of those I have seen have meant anything towards us but ill will."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 06, 2014, 10:31:35 pm »

"It was only two generations. One of your grandparents, or perhaps both, could have been of that tribe. There are a few we know of for sure, and many more who we can never be sure of. You are familiar with our most violent curse, yes? It is the surviving memory of the name of that tribe. I am telling you this only because you are chief, but should the tribe begin to falter, and we question and fight amongst ourselves, and people begin to look for outsiders and enemies amongst their neighbors... just, remind our people of their unity. No matter what."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Nunzillor

« Reply #742 on: August 06, 2014, 10:33:50 pm »

((Gasp!))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 07, 2014, 05:16:04 am »

Request the craftsmen make me a better bow and tomahawk.

Try to find out where the animals gather.

[3] You already have a good bow and tomahawk, Conrak insists. But very well, he'll try to figure something out.

[2] You think animals tend to gather in your traps! But other than that, it is very difficult to say, since as soon as you find one gathering spot, you happen to scare the gathering animals away, and they avoid the area after that.

Find his stores again this time try to burn them

(the tribe never did work out what alcohol does when set on fire this should be fun)

[2] Unfortunately, Conrak's tripwires are no less insidious this time than the previous, and the man outwits you easily, his alcohol stores still unburned.

Send scouts to look for new food

[6] You send your two other men out to look for food, and they come back shockingly soon, reporting that they have seen a war party of the northern tribes gathering not far from the village. Right now they seem to be biding their time, but they are unquestionably hostile.

Try to meditate on it myself.

[6] You suspect that the presence of the other plants may be at the root of this! The strife of the earth is spent on them, and so they grow while your own plants languish! Perhaps you should clear a larger area of all plant life, and then see what happens! Preferably with the use of fire - there's an island on the river where you can do just that! Fire, water and earth should make for maximum strife, and then you could dig up the ground and mix it together, adding air in as well! The spiritual battle that ensues would be massive, you believe! But you will need quite a few helpers! You explain this to Lanku, and she seems to love the idea, if only because of the fire!

Give arrows to Tuktu. Determine what problems of the tribe I can best solve.

[6] You decide that perhaps you need to educate the tribe on the ways of the spirits more, since they seem to have become largely indifferent to the world of spirits in these trying times. So you start forming small listening circles, where you explain to the youth what the spirits are and how they work, or at least your version of the answers to these questions.

[3] They're not particularly interested in your stories, especially since they have other things to do, but ultimately they listen, and you find this good, for it means there's hope for them yet.

Chantutu dances a holy dance around the bronze sword for 5 days and 5 nights while singing praises to the spirit of dance.  Afterwards, he gives the blessed sword to Lanku, Fool's Champion and Keeper of the Holy Blade.  He hopes this will make her a little less disappointed.

[1] Unfortunately, after you dance yourself to exhaustion around the blade on the second day, somebody steals it as you lie on the ground! You wonder who could have committed such a heinous crime, honestly.

Greet the Nomads and offer to trade their got for some some useless trinket I still have on my person, explaining to them its inherent amazing qualities and usage. Hey, I'm not exactly in a position to be making a fair deal.

If they refuse or become hostile, excuse myself and quickly leave, continuing on my journey. Keep the Spear handy in case the situation becomes violent.

[4] They are interested in your trinket, and offer you a snow white goat kid for it, explaining its inherent magical qualities and potential usage for every part of it.

Kutuk quietly steps down from his spot on the council, and proceeds with his duties, healing anyone who asks,

[6] You manage the symptoms of the coughing tribesmen, and luckily almost all of them seem to weather the disease nicely under your care, although by the end of the last day of care you have begun to cough as well.

[2] The very next day after symptoms show, you can't quite seem to get yourself out of your bedding, and your entire body has started to hurt, and your mind has become sluggish. The cough has intensified. Very similar to the advanced symptoms of a few of the tribesmen.

Distribute the bronze arrows among the hunters. I trust Kutuk will take care of the coughing sickness so continue looking for weapons, getting angry if a strong wind shows up to further the wind spirit rumor.

[4] They say that you should keep the arrows for good luck, as they have their own arrows, kept for similar purposes.

[4] Meanwhile, as a strong wind starts up at last, you begin to rant about the way the tribe seems intent on hiding the weapons for you - the spectacle of it is interesting and frightening, and by the next day several bronze weapons have been left in front of your tent - two blades and a series of arrowheads.

THE NEXT TIME ONE OF THE TRIBE'S HUNTERS APPROACHES MY HIDEOUT, CAUTIOUSLY APPROACH THEM
IF THEY SEEM REASONABLE AND NOT PRONE TO SUDDEN VIOLENCE, MAKE MYSELF KNOWN TO THEM IN AS UNTHREATENING A MANNER AS POSSIBLE. ATTEMPT TO BEFRIEND THEM, OFFER FOOD IF IT MIGHT HELP

[2] Unfortunately, nobody really seems to veer close to your hideout in the next week or so. At least nobody you would want to speak to, at any rate.

Bring those youngsters on the boat with me, and also some supplies—baskets of food and waterskins, fishing poles, as well as other assorted stuff. Travel  to the south, staying within sight of the coast.

[3] You set off along the coast, paddling away southward for several weeks - there are no other river deltas along the way, and no signs of other tribes, though you do notice the coastal dunes increase in size around that area.

It is time for me to find myself a wife. No ordinary woman would survive the long treks a scout makes on everyday basis, but an agile huntress or able runner would be able to do this... Find if there are such in our tribe.

[2] Well, if you're looking for a woman like that, your only definite option is Amitola, and you're not sure you like her all that much. Then again, able runners are not easy to distinguish among the women. You're sure there should be some, it's just that they're difficult to pinpoint.

I continue to follow the old man! I'm so excited, I may adventure on yet!

[2] You and the old man move northwards daily and partly even nightly, but there is no civilization in sight, and the plains seem unending.

blazing glory

« Reply #744 on: August 07, 2014, 05:29:17 am »

Upon hearing the news of a hostile warparty gathering,offer to lay traps for them and to assist in the battle that will follow.

Rest for the day.

Check out the status of the tribe,how's it doing on food? Or medicine?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:52:30 am by blazing glory »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 07, 2014, 05:38:39 am »

Upon hearing the news of a hostile warparty gathering,offer to lay traps for them and to assist in the battle that will follow.
((This is happening to Fisher Tribe, not ours. I really should update tribesmen list...))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 07, 2014, 05:44:22 am »

Rest for the day.

You're assumed to be resting at regular intervals, and your actions are resolved over periods of several days.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 07, 2014, 05:45:55 am »

Scout out the movement of the tribe. At nightfall, destroy all supplies and foof they have, then return to scouting
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 07, 2014, 05:47:09 am »

LERKA IS SOMEWHAT IRRITATED. SHE NEEDS A BETTER PLAN.
SHE GROWS TIRED OF HIDING AND WATCHING THIS TRIBE OF PRIMITIVES BLUNDER ABOUT

>PACK SOME FOOD AND CAUTIOUSLY LEAVE MY HIDING PLACE AND SCOUT AROUND THE AREA, LOOKING EITHER FOR IDEAL PLACES TO SET UP A SAFER, MORE LONG-TERM CAMP, USEFUL RESOURCES, OR OTHER TRIBES NEARBY.

>BE WARY OF ANYONE I ENCOUNTER, TRY NOT TO LET THEM SEE ME BEFORE I HAVE A CHANCE TO DETERMINE HOW BIG A THREAT THEY MIGHT POSE
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 07, 2014, 06:36:43 am »

AT NIGHT, GO AND KILL THE RIVAL WAR PARTY WHILE THEY ARE IN THE VULNRABLE SLEEP
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 77