Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress from Scratch: 0.40.x [Contributors welcome!]  (Read 37710 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Oh god, I just realized I could bring* in pulse rifles and similar...

*Try to anyways
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile

added a new language for sleepers, and a race based off them, called intergalactic standard (it's in early alpha now). Pardon my hubris, but their backstory is that they are cloned members of a long dead intergalactic civilization, so don't feel like a rebel because u don't speak my "standard" language

EDIT* so i just realized that... as far as i can tell... none of the creature have properly working blood.... either once they start bleeding they won't stop, or they simply don't have blood to begin with

edit ** fixed this alittle bit for my race by adding arteries in the right places... i mean... we still bleed molten flesh, but potato potahto
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 10:11:21 pm by Megaman_zx »
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile

At least they aren't bleeding molten glass.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i really should add that shouldn't i?  :P   (i wouldn't even know where to start #nooblogic)

anyways, added a civ and adv mode is more fun (for me at least) as i am able to explore a foreign planet with nothing but my wits and the knife i was given.

(i am testing vocalizations which will "give orders" to the sleepers and guide them on their mission)

*edit
During my first test i awoke in a tomb and after climbing down from one of the mausoleums i was instructed to overthrow the local government. I left the tomb and headed to the nearby chirp village, walked into the castle and started massacreing the inhabitants. After clearing the first two rooms, and sustaining some heavy injuries i was told to complete a task for the locals. This order was quickly replaced by the order to head south. Unfortunately south is the ocean, but there is civilization beyond, so i march west to circumvent the ocean and answer the call of my ancestors

summary: that damn axechirp... crippled my legs.... the test worked so feel free to try out the sleepers in adv mode.
also i genned a world for 550 years and by the end all dretch and awakened were extinct (the awakened i don't care so much about) but the oyls seems to spread across the map so fast they seem to be the dominant race... maybe this should be fixed?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 04:02:32 am by Megaman_zx »

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile

i really should add that shouldn't i?  :P   (i wouldn't even know where to start #nooblogic)
Actually, that happened to the fantasy component of this mod at least once. It happened with the treelords, but I have faint memories of that happening to at least one other creature too. Other blood-related incidents include frozen blood hills.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

but the oyls seems to spread across the map so fast they seem to be the dominant race... maybe this should be fixed?
I find that strange myself. I made them be made of an oil-like liquid material, but they seem to be pretty tough.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I find that strange myself. I made them be made of an oil-like liquid material, but they seem to be pretty tough.

oh yeah, they definitely pack a punch!!! the awakened are supposed to be genetically superior, (which has actually worked in worldgen) but they make up for this in their small number and the fact that they usually destroy their own civilization from within and slowly spread out across the world until they die out... but those early wars can be brutal... still don't know why they don't wear clothes

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

'Kay then, I checked the new codes recently. Will test them soon.
Some nitpicking:
  • Don't insert code into other people's raws. Make your own raw to avoid confusion. I was surprised when I saw my reaction raw was updated recently, seeing as I wasn't active lately, and then I found this:

[REACTION:TAN_A_HIDE_SLPR]
       [NAME:tan a hide]
       [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
       [REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
       [USE_BODY_COMPONENT]
       [UNROTTEN]
       [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TANNING_MATERIAL]
       [PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:TANNING_MATERIAL]
       [SKILL:TANNER]

The problem isn't even that it was slapped into my raw, but rather it is a duplicate. Of a reaction of mine. Which is the first reaction in my reaction raws.
    Deleted that, and changed it to my hide tanning reaction, if you don't mind. If you do, well, I copied it here. Just put it back.

• Gonna fix some of my older mistakes soon, too: namely, each and every one of my creatures have their tissues the wrong way around (with skin in the inside) due to interpreting the vanilla's confusing raws the wrong way.

• I have a feeling this:

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:AWAKENED_HAIR_LAYERS_SLPR]
       [BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:HAIR:3:TOP]
       [BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER:HAIR:2:TOP]
       [BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER:HAIR:1:TOP]
       [BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER:HAIR:1:TOP]
       [BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER:HAIR:1:TOP]

Won't work. Will see, though.

• ENTITY:INTERGALACTIC is woefully not complete. I think that is to be fixed, if I remember corretly, so I won't touch it.

• Minor instantly visible grammar errors in the Sleeper creature that I fixed.

After this, I shall make a test run.

EDIT: The duplicate hide-tanning reaction wasn't even used...? ???
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:59:24 am by Cerapter »
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After testing:
  • SHADOWWALKER creature can bite with its teeth. Now, this wouldn't be a problem if it had teeth.
    Same with Sleeper_SLPR and AWAKENED_SLPR. They can supposedly bite and scratch, or at least, have attacks like that, but have no teeth or nails (or fingers, for that matter).

• SHADOWWALKER creature has no tissue thickness on its legs, at all. Now, this wouldn't be a problem if it was a race of Alien Space Babes or female actors, but as they are now...

• Sleeper_SLPR has a brain, and the brain has tissue around it in the body_detail_plan, buuuut...

[BODY:BODY:BODY_GRM:HEAD_GRM:APPENDAGES_GRM]
       [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:MOLE_MATERIALS_GRM]
       [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:ENHANCED_TISSUES_SLPR]
       [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:ENHANCED_LAYERS_SLPR]

You define your own material, then call Gnorm's. Hence, the Sleepers lack most of their materials. Which means, that in case of the brain, the first available tissue will be used, which is skin tissue, and now I need a brain bleach.

Same with the Awakened.

NOW WHERE IS MY BRAIN BLEACH?! AND DON'T YOU DARE TO GIVE A SKIN BLEACH OR I'LL THROW UP INTO THY BOSOM.

• And finally, as usual, the Dretch use weapons and ammo non-existant in this world.

EDIT: Also, as usual, Halfling's insistence from deviating from the vanilla values have fucked us in the butt once again. Punches glance away from every material, but even a light peck from a horribly misshapen beak will tear through your whole body.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:31:48 am by Cerapter »

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sorry about that... realized there was a make leather backpack reaction, but no tan a hide reaction.. didn't want to make a whole new doc for the small edit (sorry if it fucked ur stuff up)

also... hehe we don;t need brains... i mean in the arena the sleepers and awakened worked as well as they were supposed to. Now we come to the dillema, is a creature simply its raws, or a description and some actions. The sleepers descriptions and actions match my imagining of them...... their raws however have them as toothless, nailess, hairless monsters with organs in... welll, i don;t know here the organs are or if they have them, but they don't die from exposure so they must be doing something right

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sorry about that... realized there was a make leather backpack reaction, but no tan a hide reaction.. didn't want to make a whole new doc for the small edit (sorry if it fucked ur stuff up)
RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT
SHIT
NOW I UNDERSTAND
THAT'S AN ADVENTURE MODE REACTION FOR TANNING A HIDE
SORRY BRO, PUTTING IT BACK IN

A lesson is learnt: don't code when sleepy.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

all my changes were for adv mode, that's why intergalactic entity seems so incomplete, it's an adv mode outsider only race. The sleepers should never appear in the game unless u decide to play as one in adv mode. the awakened are the sleepers who woke up early and got infested with wierd cave fungus and stuff. hence the hair (that may or may not work)

edit decided to do some tests because the sleepers do have the right materials (i also forgot to remove the mole meterials which i used origionally, so they had two sets of material templates)... anyways, removed the mole materials and the sleepers were week as fuck, put them back in and they were back in fighting form... don;t know why this works, but i'm keeping it... for now
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:59:02 pm by Megaman_zx »

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile

Anyone able to make a video tutorial on how to install and play?

Every time I try, the game refuses to boot up.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile

cT gestures!
The computer shudders and begins to boot!

I am back from the grave, may or may not resume work on this here soon.
Everything's in the news today

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I won't be available too many times.
I am now in a situation where I leave for school at 6:30 and get home at 19:00. :-\
May or may not do secret updates though.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18