Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: What you want (Related to DF)  (Read 4122 times)

Dzlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What you want (Related to DF)
« on: July 15, 2014, 02:08:47 am »

So I was just talking to my mate who I randomly said to. You know what I want? I want a leather trench coat with that dwarf from my desktop background on it. And well, he made an image of it.
No i keep gazing at it when bored and realized how much I want this.

http://i.imgur.com/sodBOhk.png

Anyway, what about you guys? Ever had something awesome to represent DF or wanted something?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What you want (Related to DF)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 02:39:16 am »

I'd buy that coat.

Anyway, I'd like a mousepad that has a giant Ñ on it, the Ñ alternating between the colors of the night creature tiles with "NOW YOU WILL KNOW WHY YOU FEAR THE NIGHT" in a circle around the whole thing.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 02:56:56 am »

A fully written necromancer book.

The titles I would prefer:
-"Start your day with doom"
-"More book"
-"Death, my only mistake"
-"Suddenly, it weeps"
and a lot more.

Neo_Spade

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ginger neck-beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 07:34:55 am »

I'd really like a 3D printed Planepacked. That would be crazy awesome. Or any mega-artifact for that matter.

Or maybe just a chair that menaces with spikes of cloth, adorned with hanging rings of Dingo Soap, for the wtf factor.
If you've got dwarf problems, I feel bad for you, son.
I've got 99 whales because I killed Urist with one.

JoeJoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 10:15:07 am »

If I ever get around to learning knitting I will make socks with demons, goblins, dwarves etc. on it, all in their ascii representation of course. I could even make a sock with an image of a sock on it, recursive artifact like!

Mipe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 10:29:08 am »

A marble bed engraved with the story of my encounter with neighbour's dog, Fido the Unyielding.
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 12:12:21 pm »

I've always wanted to modify my computer to "menace with spikes of old RAM."

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 05:13:20 pm »

I would like to live long enough to see a relatively finished version of DF. I mean a version not composed of basically TODO signs. I mean the scope of the project is huge, and admirable, but if you measure the progress against the years that pass by, it induces a dose of pessimism. Also, I am no longer young, so to say.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Urist McWangchuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 07:50:45 pm »

I can tell you what I don't want.  To know why I fear the night.  I'm happy with the indefinite dreading of ignorance thank you very much.
Let's take a moment to realize that with historical figures in armies, we can show enemy soldiers the dead bodies of their family members who were in the last wave.

And they will cry about it.

Bodkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Hoondat Report
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 08:30:00 pm »

I want some pitchblende.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have so far executed three dwarves by means of impalement ... for bringing cats into my fortress.

Dzlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 08:41:03 pm »

Some very interesting replies. : )

I'd really like a 3D printed Planepacked. That would be crazy awesome. Or any mega-artifact for that matter.
Or maybe just a chair that menaces with spikes of cloth, adorned with hanging rings of Dingo Soap, for the wtf factor.
3D printed artifacts. Now that sounds awesome. Imagine printing off a miniature mountain with the Dwarven doors leading into the mountain, on it.

I've always wanted to modify my computer to "menace with spikes of old RAM."
I'm currently making my Linux laptop fit the theme of DF. Although I play DF on the windows desktop generally cause the laptop is fairly cheap.

I would like to live long enough to see a relatively finished version of DF. I mean a version not composed of basically TODO signs. I mean the scope of the project is huge, and admirable, but if you measure the progress against the years that pass by, it induces a dose of pessimism. Also, I am no longer young, so to say.
No particularly sure what you mean by this?

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 10:09:42 pm »

I want a War Rutherer.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 12:31:01 am »

Someone made a thread in creative projects they were going to decorate a trenchcoat with dwarf fortress symbols and menacing spikes and stuff. Unfortunately, I don't think it was ever completed.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 12:50:01 am »

It would be interesting to see but it is already working so well and there is so much depth to it that I will probably never do or see everything involved with the game.

Uristsonsonson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 01:03:40 am »

Version 1.0 of Dwarf Fortress so I can send it to Toady and break time. :D
Pages: [1] 2 3