Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bogeyman attack in Dwarven Settlement  (Read 1164 times)

Epthelyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bogeyman attack in Dwarven Settlement
« on: July 14, 2014, 02:20:57 pm »

The nearest settlement I could find at night with my adventurer was a dwarven 'town'. I entered what was labelled at the "Civic Mound", talked to the mayor and discussed many things which were either terrifying or inevitable and then asked to stay for the night. Z -> s -> d.

About half way through the night I was woken by an incessant cackling - bogeymen...in a town. Before I could do anything they'd killed a 2 or 3 of the dwarves inside and injured a couple of the others. I managed to decapitate a couple but then one of the remaining 3 bogeymen kicked my adventurer's head in.

Just in case it wasn't clear, I slept inside the civic mound, not outside.

Apparently another two dwarves were killed off after I quit, because they didn't show up until the 2 week calendar thing had passed for my next adventurer.

Is that supposed to happen? Are towns no longer a safe place to sleep? :(

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Bogeyman attack in Dwarven Settlement
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 02:25:18 pm »

I believe this is a known issue and will presumably be changed in a bugfix sooner or later. In the meantime, dwarf towns are not safe at night.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

Epthelyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 02:27:46 pm »

Ah, it's known then.

Shame, I was hoping random bogeyman attacks were a thing now :(

SatelliteOfLove

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 01:34:46 pm »

I hate to bring this thread back to life, as it is quite old, but I experienced this problem today.  The bug tracker issue related to this #6676 is marked as "resolved", and the 40.15 changelog states that Bogeymen attacks are supposed to not be initiated in owned sites.  However, I was just clobbered by bogeymen while sleeping in a Dwarven hill at night.  I hadn't heard anything of Bogeymen (cackling, etc.) prior to asking for permission to stay and going to sleep, but then I was woken by a bogeyman chewing on me.  Is this actually resolved, and the behavior I experienced is expected, or did the 40.15 update not completely fix this problem?  I've uploaded my save here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12138

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 01:45:03 pm »

okay so here the deal due to how trees don't count as being solid enough to create an inside tile under them some types of tiles don't count as being solid enough to trigger tiles under it as being inside thus bogeymen attacks end up triggered.
dwarf hilltops that have grassy hills with plants on top would normally end up being a bogeyman spawn trigger.
oh and with the whole build a site/camp mechanic in DF now people can avoid dying to bogeymen... by building their own shelter.(if they got an axe from somewhere or mod the game to make stone axe turn into battleaxes due to a bug with needing sharp objects and toady not making tool axes fall under the requirement after banning wooden axes.)
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes