Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 106840 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #1170 on: December 22, 2015, 05:18:35 am »

Remain on alert for deadly radiation farts avoiding if possible, continue flying onward home.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: December 22, 2015, 11:14:21 pm »

Actually ignore box, find voice recorder and record a new episode of ER Talk.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1172 on: December 23, 2015, 06:17:14 pm »

Actually ignore box, find voice recorder and record a new episode of ER Talk.
You trying to tell me something?

I don't have a mic here, or I would.

Remain on alert for deadly radiation farts avoiding if possible, continue flying onward home.
They're coming closer together now, circling the ship. They've actually become visible, spraying light out in all directions across the monitors and warping across the visual spectrum.

This is me giving you a chance to do something, before anything happens.

Lucricia stops, momentarily, and begins to stare at the mysterious box.
"Hmmm.
Hrmmmm.
HrmmMmmm.
I wanna open this."

Open the box and take a look at what's inside, if the box doesn't have a latch, look for any parts of it that could be pried apart.
Inside the box is a large object; it is a metallic chrome and appears to be a coiled tube, something like a snake curled up into a ball. The metal body is segmented, but you can see nothing through the very small lines between the segments. It is moving, slightly. Almost like it is breathing or trying to get comfortable.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: December 23, 2015, 06:20:51 pm »

Slowly, and very carefully, touch it, if it doesn't react, shake it slightly, if it still doesn't react, pick it up, look for buttons, perhaps.
If it does react in an aggressive fashion while this is going on, drop it and run, preferably behind another team-mate, if it reacts only slightly, stop, and watch it.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: December 23, 2015, 06:23:31 pm »

Sigh. Maybe see if the thing in that box is microphone. Try talking to it.

((Charisma check! Charisma check! Charisma-check!))
Yes.

Better idea! Sing a musical number about not being home for christmas! Distract GM from imminent doom with song and dance!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 05:38:51 pm by Egan_BW »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: December 23, 2015, 06:26:22 pm »

He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: December 23, 2015, 06:40:28 pm »

"Radiation incoming, repeat radiation incoming. Move away from the rear hull breach and find a secure area."
Put on helmet, Are they appearing only where they would according to their path and pulse pattern along it? If so change speed to synchronise with the "blank" spots or just move to the side whichever is quicker. Define "bad" if they came and farted right next to us. Activate any available radiation countermeasures if we can't get away and take cover wherever there is the maximum dense material around me if possible otherwise hide under the console.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: December 23, 2015, 06:57:42 pm »

Investigate engine area in hope of finding a radiation-proof suit./b]
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: December 24, 2015, 05:25:49 am »

I'm in stasis.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: December 24, 2015, 01:26:41 pm »

Get in stasis.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 12:17:44 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: December 26, 2015, 05:01:53 pm »

I'll assist with plotting the maneuvers, then. Pancaek, you too.

Now, most people on board should be already in stasis by now.  It has been the plan for some time. But if it's easier to survive strong radiation bursts in your Mk suits rather than in stasis tubes, then we're initiating emergency stasis ejection/people haven't been sent to stasis yet. Let's enjoy the benefit of the doubt!

Assist with plotting the course: try to understand the pattern of their movements and predict the blanks. Basically, supplement [Mind] to the pilot's [Aux] in the way that is appropriate in this situation.

And, for the record, the standing order of hibernation during the journey: Only the designated pilot and navigator are awake; everyone else is in stasis for the duration of transition. In case of emergency, they are to be awoken from stasis. ((I.e. we sleep through the boring parts, but automatically wake up for the interesting ones.)) The current pilot is Konrad Curz (Corsair), the current navigator is Pancaek Nilys (Pancaek). If any one of them becomes unfit for their duty for any of assorted reasons (injury, madness, supplies running low on robot-food, etc.), a new pilot or navigator is to be woken from the rest of the team. ((But since it's likely to happen during an emergency, everyone should anyway be awake then.))

((Finally, those of you who are toying with the mysterious box, don't worry - by word of Piecewise it's effectively a very special shared stasis dream (that can still kill you - or reward you) so you are safely in stasis and cannot harm the ship through your actions in the dream. I hope it's as relieving for you to learn as it is for the rest of us on board. ;) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: December 26, 2015, 05:05:28 pm »

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Got it. If I start falling asleep, just shake my frame."

Be the navigator, put that +4 mind to good use. If no navigatin' is necessary, just relax a bit.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: December 27, 2015, 12:17:11 am »

Action edited.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1183 on: December 28, 2015, 02:53:37 pm »

Slowly, and very carefully, touch it, if it doesn't react, shake it slightly, if it still doesn't react, pick it up, look for buttons, perhaps.
If it does react in an aggressive fashion while this is going on, drop it and run, preferably behind another team-mate, if it reacts only slightly, stop, and watch it.

You touch it. It sort of twitches and wiggles a bit, curling up tighter.

Yes.

Better idea! Sing a musical number about not being home for christmas! Distract GM from imminent doom with song and dance!
You sing about a mutant bioluminescent horned mammal.

Investigate engine area in hope of finding a radiation-proof suit./b]
There are some maintenance suits for emergency repairs, though they're not made for vacuum.

Get in stasis.
I'm in stasis.
Ok

I'll assist with plotting the maneuvers, then. Pancaek, you too.

Now, most people on board should be already in stasis by now.  It has been the plan for some time. But if it's easier to survive strong radiation bursts in your Mk suits rather than in stasis tubes, then we're initiating emergency stasis ejection/people haven't been sent to stasis yet. Let's enjoy the benefit of the doubt!

Assist with plotting the course: try to understand the pattern of their movements and predict the blanks. Basically, supplement [Mind] to the pilot's [Aux] in the way that is appropriate in this situation.

And, for the record, the standing order of hibernation during the journey: Only the designated pilot and navigator are awake; everyone else is in stasis for the duration of transition. In case of emergency, they are to be awoken from stasis. ((I.e. we sleep through the boring parts, but automatically wake up for the interesting ones.)) The current pilot is Konrad Curz (Corsair), the current navigator is Pancaek Nilys (Pancaek). If any one of them becomes unfit for their duty for any of assorted reasons (injury, madness, supplies running low on robot-food, etc.), a new pilot or navigator is to be woken from the rest of the team. ((But since it's likely to happen during an emergency, everyone should anyway be awake then.))

((Finally, those of you who are toying with the mysterious box, don't worry - by word of Piecewise it's effectively a very special shared stasis dream (that can still kill you - or reward you) so you are safely in stasis and cannot harm the ship through your actions in the dream. I hope it's as relieving for you to learn as it is for the rest of us on board. ;) ))
They'll be fine in stasis.

"Radiation incoming, repeat radiation incoming. Move away from the rear hull breach and find a secure area."
Put on helmet, Are they appearing only where they would according to their path and pulse pattern along it? If so change speed to synchronise with the "blank" spots or just move to the side whichever is quicker. Define "bad" if they came and farted right next to us. Activate any available radiation countermeasures if we can't get away and take cover wherever there is the maximum dense material around me if possible otherwise hide under the console.
Bad, as in fatal bad. As in melt your flesh bad.

You wait for an opening and then dodge through one of the gaps the thing leaves. After a few seconds of harrowing silence, it appears again, this time spiraling off into the distance, away from you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: December 28, 2015, 03:00:36 pm »

Alright, now try talking to the mystery object. Cha roll.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 85