Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 106834 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #1155 on: December 10, 2015, 02:28:37 pm »

pilot us out of this place at maximum safe speed
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: December 11, 2015, 12:38:41 pm »

((Action edited.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: December 11, 2015, 12:50:00 pm »

Insert the broken datapad's datachip into my wristpad and have a look at what's on it. Because curiosity is totally not an emotion.

Roughly how long do the effects of a Bluesmoke last, by the way?

:This datapad has technical manuals for this ship and some of its components.:

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: December 11, 2015, 12:55:48 pm »

((Action edited.))
((Don't forget that acid the Haibi used against Miya, which we should be able to reproduce now.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: December 11, 2015, 01:09:49 pm »

((Action edited.))
((Don't forget that acid the Haibi used against Miya, which we should be able to reproduce now.))
((Good catch.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: December 11, 2015, 06:45:46 pm »

Smoke. Go to the bridge and make sure the people plotting a course aren't being idiots.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1161 on: December 16, 2015, 02:21:23 pm »

Noticing business set up by Eddie Ulrich establishes competing business line: Meditation. Less you move, less our precious and limited resources you are burning. More you train your mind, better you can resist immaterial alien reproductive organs being forcefully inserted into your brain.

While I meditate I think about expanding ammo variety for Universal Chem Thrower.
  • Doomsday. Is this gaseous or liquid substance? If fitted for standard thrower canister would it still be 1 token per canister?
  • The Ram. Likewise price check. Does this thing need special strength canisters?
  • Gauss Rifle seems to have "melter" rounds. "Filled with nasty chemichals, this will ruin the day of everyone not wearing chem-off." Is this viable for chem thrower?
  • Likewise "Vit-O-Phage", Armory Master's mystery coctail of horrible death. What type of chemical is used there?
  • Haebi acid, should we be able to produce it by now or in near future.
You would basically spray it in a sort of fluid or mist but would turn to gas fairly quickly. Depends on the volume of the canister
It would need a special coating, but thats it. Again, volume of the canister.
Eh, it would basically be the same thing as ram.
I forget.
Yes. Please speak to the nearest man with a haebi arm for an unlimited supply.

If he asks you to jerk his arm off, he may be unreliable.

pilot us out of this place at maximum safe speed
Deassing the area.

The only thing you see during this period of time is a few quick blips of movement on the motion tracker that coincides with a short burst of radiation. But it seems to pass uneventfully beyond that.

Insert the broken datapad's datachip into my wristpad and have a look at what's on it. Because curiosity is totally not an emotion.

Roughly how long do the effects of a Bluesmoke last, by the way?

:This datapad has technical manuals for this ship and some of its components.:
Depends on your level of addiction and exposure. Normally, an hour or two.

The datachip contains a lot of stuff, but the most salient of things appears to be a series of correspondences between the owner and a woman. Some of these are quite...racy. A quick check of the logs of the ship against screen names and the name of the owner of the chip hints that this woman might be the spouse of another man on the ship.

Huh.

Smoke. Go to the bridge and make sure the people plotting a course aren't being idiots.
Well, the ship continues to gain speed and they haven't hit anything yet, so thats a positive. There's another radiation and movement ping as you watch the monitors. Whatever the source of the earlier ones was, it is either still in the area or is following you.

Thats not good. 

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: December 16, 2015, 02:56:40 pm »

Lucricia suddenly throws her hand up for no reason, and starts waving like she just don't care.
((Whooo, random generator time!))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: December 16, 2015, 03:48:58 pm »

Xael raises her hand also, once again endangered by the "mysterious" forces that guide her getting bored. I should never be a parent.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: December 16, 2015, 06:06:23 pm »

Eddie stands up in his lonely echoey cargo bay full of vendor trash and raises his his. He's not sure why
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: December 16, 2015, 06:14:02 pm »

What is the movement of the radiation bursts? Are they dangerously intense? Is there a change in their nature during consecutive bursts? Any pattern to the bursts? Continue moving, estimate arrival time pick up speed if required.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: December 19, 2015, 01:58:51 am »

Noticing business set up by Eddie Ulrich establishes competing business line: Meditation. Less you move, less our precious and limited resources you are burning. More you train your mind, better you can resist immaterial alien reproductive organs being forcefully inserted into your brain.

While I meditate I think about expanding ammo variety for Universal Chem Thrower.
  • Doomsday. Is this gaseous or liquid substance? If fitted for standard thrower canister would it still be 1 token per canister?
  • The Ram. Likewise price check. Does this thing need special strength canisters?
  • Gauss Rifle seems to have "melter" rounds. "Filled with nasty chemichals, this will ruin the day of everyone not wearing chem-off." Is this viable for chem thrower?
  • Likewise "Vit-O-Phage", Armory Master's mystery coctail of horrible death. What type of chemical is used there?
You would basically spray it in a sort of fluid or mist but would turn to gas fairly quickly. Depends on the volume of the canister
I forget.

Final candidates seem to be Doomsday, The Ram and Haebi acid. Which one is superior in terms of getting shit melted, the ram or haebi?
Assuming a standard canister size, whatever that happens to be, what would be canister prices? I don't want to jerk off other guys' shapeshifting arms.

Enough of tinkering! Let's do something interesting! Like... going into stasis since the ship doesn't need multiple pilots.

BTW, what year it is now? Just to mark down the date when shit started really rolling downhill.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 09:48:44 am by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: December 19, 2015, 04:49:42 am »

I forget.

Final candidates seem to be Doomsday, The Ram and Haebi acid. Which one is superior in terms of getting shit melted, the ram or haebi?
Assuming a standard canister size, whatever that happens to be, what would be canister prices? I don't want to jerk off other guys' shapeshifting arms.

I'd imagine The Ram, seeing as it melts holes in starship hulls with ease.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1168 on: December 21, 2015, 07:15:24 pm »

Lucricia suddenly throws her hand up for no reason, and starts waving like she just don't care.
((Whooo, random generator time!))
Xael raises her hand also, once again endangered by the "mysterious" forces that guide her getting bored. I should never be a parent.
Eddie stands up in his lonely echoey cargo bay full of vendor trash and raises his his. He's not sure why
We'll assume you all wander into the storage area and find a mysterious box. The box is about 2 feet on either side and looks fairly robust.

What is the movement of the radiation bursts? Are they dangerously intense? Is there a change in their nature during consecutive bursts? Any pattern to the bursts? Continue moving, estimate arrival time pick up speed if required.
The movement? It seems to be erratic but not without a path. It sort of appears, vanishes and then reappears later along the path it would be moving on. They aren't dangerous, at least not to the ship, but they're fairly intense. If it got right up on you and started farting, it would probably be bad.

Time? Oh...still a while.

I forget.

Enough of tinkering! Let's do something interesting! Like... going into stasis since the ship doesn't need multiple pilots.

BTW, what year it is now? Just to mark down the date when shit started really rolling downhill.

Depends on the substance.

I don't know, thats why I was asking.

Right now? You don't know.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: December 21, 2015, 07:24:47 pm »

Lucricia stops, momentarily, and begins to stare at the mysterious box.
"Hmmm.
Hrmmmm.
HrmmMmmm.
I wanna open this."

Open the box and take a look at what's inside, if the box doesn't have a latch, look for any parts of it that could be pried apart.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 85