Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 106786 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #1140 on: December 04, 2015, 11:14:53 am »

"Pancaek! I need you and Maurice to map some things in here."
Give Pancaek and Maurice necessary materials for mapping once they get here. Once they give me the completed map begin acceleration towards the jump point continue accelerating until something interesting happens or we reach the maximum speed at which we can avoid obstacles.
"Roger that, can do."

Help with mapping out the course, let's put that mind to good use eh?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: December 04, 2015, 11:58:25 am »

Hasala pondered why Konrad would summon Pancaek and Maurice to the bridge. It was either something he needed their help with - and he could likely be of use there, as well - or something the command staff needed to see, in which case he should probably see it as well.

To the bridge. Assist with the course plotting.

Peruse the datapad with the library afterward; any documentaries or textbooks or such on it? Anything non-fictional is good.
Also check if the broken datapad had any datachips in it that I could insert into the working datapad.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: December 05, 2015, 06:44:34 am »

:Trooper Xael, you say... probably more toying with alien artifacts. Oh well. Let us hope she isn't dangerous, and allow Steve to work things out later. For now, please put her into stasis.:

:In fact, I believe that we should all go to stasis, except for the person at helm. The supplies are meager, and it would be years until a rescue ship could arrive in this system, looking for us. We'll need to stretch them for as long as possible.:

((Piecewise, is the above correct? Are M21L and M25 staggered in time by a few years?))

"After helping with plotting the course, of course. I remained here on the bridge just to assist with such things." Maurice added with a smile, speaking to nearby Konrad.

Assist with plotting the course.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: December 05, 2015, 08:17:22 am »

:Trooper Xael, you say... probably more toying with alien artifacts. Oh well. Let us hope she isn't dangerous, and allow Steve to work things out later. For now, please put her into stasis.:

:In fact, I believe that we should all go to stasis, except for the person at helm. The supplies are meager, and it would be years until a rescue ship could arrive in this system, looking for us. We'll need to stretch them for as long as possible.:

((Piecewise, is the above correct? Are M21L and M25 staggered in time by a few years?))

"After helping with plotting the course, of course. I remained here on the bridge just to assist with such things." Maurice added with a smile, speaking to nearby Konrad.

"I agree, even if the base crew is only 10 for six months then on half rations two could go on for five years. I could go alone for ten, and those are likely severe underestimates on the food reserves and number of crew. Having the majority of us in stasis is likely the best option"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1144 on: December 05, 2015, 08:44:02 am »

((Remember that robots are much more efficient at food consumption than fleshies. However, robots require special  nutrient packs and it doesn't look like this ship is carrying any.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: December 05, 2015, 08:54:09 am »

((That is... another problem, the fact that there are two different kinds of 'food' here to keep in mind. That said, we do have at-least-two-week-rations for each and every member of the team (per mission preparations), which might even include Morul's share - and it appears that we had only two robot-people on the crew initially, now down to just one.
Then again, we found a spare body for Pancaek on the ship, so maybe it has food stores for robot-people as well. Anyway, I'm not sure I want to stress the point unless Piecewise wants to, as there're enough things simultaneously going on for him in ER (four (!) missions, give or take - beside anything else) that I don't want to burden him further. It's nice enough that we have a mission of our own here. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: December 05, 2015, 06:20:19 pm »

((That is... another problem, the fact that there are two different kinds of 'food' here to keep in mind. That said, we do have at-least-two-week-rations for each and every member of the team (per mission preparations), which might even include Morul's share - and it appears that we had only two robot-people on the crew initially, now down to just one.
Then again, we found a spare body for Pancaek on the ship, so maybe it has food stores for robot-people as well. Anyway, I'm not sure I want to stress the point unless Piecewise wants to, as there're enough things simultaneously going on for him in ER (four (!) missions, give or take - beside anything else) that I don't want to burden him further. It's nice enough that we have a mission of our own here. ))
((We also have to be careful about collapsing the waveform of the ship's inventory too soon  :P))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 05, 2015, 07:52:46 pm »

Lay claim to the entertainment media, set up a kiosk made of tables, charge colleagues arbitary amounts of junk that was lying around to watch vids

It's actually a health and fitness program in disguise. If they're running all over the ship looking for five empty Algae-chip packets so they can watch reruns of Zero-G-Jelly-Wreste, they're not starting fights or getting out of shape.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: December 05, 2015, 08:13:25 pm »

Use Gen. Kowledge and intuition to deduce what these drinks actually are!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: December 07, 2015, 03:37:31 pm »

Han wanders over to the entertainment room and tries to intuit what happened to them.

"I wonder where we are. Any ideas, anyone?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: December 07, 2015, 06:43:03 pm »

:Spatially, we might be in the dimension that entity came from. Or we might be where we were before, but inside an area of space affected somehow by that entity, either physically, or us mentally. Or perhaps we were absorbed or encompassed somehow, and this starless void is inside it.:

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: December 08, 2015, 06:21:06 pm »

:Spatially, we might be in the dimension that entity came from. Or we might be where we were before, but inside an area of space affected somehow by that entity, either physically, or us mentally. Or perhaps we were absorbed or encompassed somehow, and this starless void is inside it.:
"Yeah, but more importantly, consider this: Does it look like there's gonna be anything to do in this ship but browse my newly-acquired movie list?"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: December 08, 2015, 10:30:46 pm »

"Yeah, but more importantly, consider this: Does it look like there's gonna be anything to do in this ship but browse my newly-acquired movie list?"
"You ask the good questions. Thought they might make us go into stasis. Limited rations."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1153 on: December 10, 2015, 11:17:43 am »

Give Pancaek and Maurice necessary materials for mapping once they get here. Once they give me the completed map begin acceleration towards the jump point continue accelerating until something interesting happens or we reach the maximum speed at which we can avoid obstacles.
Well, we'll assume you give them stuff.
Lay claim to the entertainment media, set up a kiosk made of tables, charge colleagues arbitary amounts of junk that was lying around to watch vids

It's actually a health and fitness program in disguise. If they're running all over the ship looking for five empty Algae-chip packets so they can watch reruns of Zero-G-Jelly-Wreste, they're not starting fights or getting out of shape.
I pity you, Maurice. Good luck with your team.

"Roger that, can do."

Help with mapping out the course, let's put that mind to good use eh?
Done. You point the pilot in the direction you think he should go.
Hasala pondered why Konrad would summon Pancaek and Maurice to the bridge. It was either something he needed their help with - and he could likely be of use there, as well - or something the command staff needed to see, in which case he should probably see it as well.

To the bridge. Assist with the course plotting.

Peruse the datapad with the library afterward; any documentaries or textbooks or such on it? Anything non-fictional is good.
Also check if the broken datapad had any datachips in it that I could insert into the working datapad.

Tons of stuff, including technical manuals for the ship and its components.
The broken one does indeed have a datachip in it.

Time is a bit...well....non-standard around here. Subjective and objective times are prone to being disconnected depending on what you bump into.

But as far as you know, thats probably the case, yeah, it's gonna take a while.
Use Gen. Kowledge and intuition to deduce what these drinks actually are!
Hmmm. There's a label on it that says "SODA"

Probably soda. Or some kind of clever ruse.

Han wanders over to the entertainment room and tries to intuit what happened to them.

What happened to who? You guys? The guys who used to run this ship? The guys that delivered these adult movies?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: December 10, 2015, 12:42:08 pm »

Noticing business set up by Eddie Ulrich establishes competing business line: Meditation. Less you move, less our precious and limited resources you are burning. More you train your mind, better you can resist immaterial alien reproductive organs being forcefully inserted into your brain.

While I meditate I think about expanding ammo variety for Universal Chem Thrower.
  • Doomsday. Is this gaseous or liquid substance? If fitted for standard thrower canister would it still be 1 token per canister?
  • The Ram. Likewise price check. Does this thing need special strength canisters?
  • Gauss Rifle seems to have "melter" rounds. "Filled with nasty chemichals, this will ruin the day of everyone not wearing chem-off." Is this viable for chem thrower?
  • Likewise "Vit-O-Phage", Armory Master's mystery coctail of horrible death. What type of chemical is used there?
  • Haebi acid, should we be able to produce it by now or in near future.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 01:09:28 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 85