Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 107080 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #945 on: April 29, 2015, 12:47:39 pm »

"Mememememe!"

Get out of its path and then try to calm it down. Maybe feed it a ration? Giant enraged death lizards love tiny rations!

((Fort -1 mook vs giant death lizard is go))
Caroline Jumps off the wagon with a brown paper ration in one hand and runs off to the side waving her arms and making strange warbling noises. Very improper.  The lizard, however, slows and turns to look at her, eventually stopping in front of her. It looks down at her, its head twitching about.  It falls back down onto four legs and approaches her, slowly.

((Funny thing here. We never specified which character drove the wagon. Probably someone with Animal Handling, so either Caroline or Corbin; but seeing Caroline's action, maybe it's better to have Corbin drive it for now. Everyone's okay with that?))

A bloody great lizard it is! And likely very, very angry.
Miss Caroline, if you manage to calm it down, you're welcome. But if not, I order you to not get eaten or maimed.
Driver, get the cart away from the creature!
Lads, ready! Aim for the legs, we only need to outmanoeuvre it! Shoot on my command!

Ride to the side and dismount; ready my Leestone Repeater. Aim for the great lizard's legs. If the creature does not slow down and calm down as it is mere several meters away from Miss Caroline or if it tries to harm her or anyone, open fire!
((I am really, really doubtful at how possible it is to tame this way a predator who already set his eyes on you. But hey, it's a d6-based forum game!))
You dismount and keep your rifle trained on the lizard as caroline does...whatever ever it is she's doing. These servants are always up to something; communing with nature or eating rats or raising their children themselves. Witchcraft and balderdash.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #946 on: April 29, 2015, 01:12:58 pm »

Get a cage ready if possible (or some rope from the climbing gear, if it would be easier and I can do that) just in case it is needed to restrain the creature. After that, keep pointing my rifle at the creature. And at Caroline, in case I either need to put her out of her misery or execute her for betraying us and going native.

Edit: Also get a few more rations for Caroline as per expedition leader's orders. Make sure to move slowly so as to not spook the creature.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 02:52:00 pm by Parisbre56 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 29, 2015, 02:05:48 pm »

Aim my Leestone repeater at the giant lizard. Maybe shoot it if it kills Caroline.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 29, 2015, 02:30:06 pm »

Driver, halt! Martin, while you are at it, fetch her another ration, she might need it.
Steady, boys, we still don't know what will happen.

Aim at the creature. Open fire if things get ugly.

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #949 on: April 29, 2015, 02:55:51 pm »

"Yeah, yeah, I'll get her our rations. Probably gonna have to cut them out of its stomach with my ax later. Along with that strange woman. Why can't she just jump on it and force it to submit like a proper adventurer?"

((Action edited.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 29, 2015, 03:24:35 pm »

"Aw, he's just a big softie 'ant he?" said Corbin, as he leveled his Glastchurch at the beast.
"easy, big fella, we'll fill you full of holes, we will."

Keep the beast in my sights, shoot only if I get the word.
If shots are fired, keep the horses from bolting.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 05:22:48 pm by Egan_BW »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 29, 2015, 10:45:59 pm »

"Aw, hey there, hey there. I'll bet you wanna let me ride you like a horsie!"

Try to get on the lizard's good side and figure out its general temperament. And if it'd be willing to let me ride it as an awesome mount.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #952 on: April 30, 2015, 04:41:10 pm »

Get a cage ready if possible (or some rope from the climbing gear, if it would be easier and I can do that) just in case it is needed to restrain the creature. After that, keep pointing my rifle at the creature. And at Caroline, in case I either need to put her out of her misery or execute her for betraying us and going native.

Edit: Also get a few more rations for Caroline as per expedition leader's orders. Make sure to move slowly so as to not spook the creature.

You jolly well don't think that the cage is gonna hold a 4-5 meter tall (When standing) lizard. You grab a few lengths of rope instead. And some more rations. You throw them over so they land near Caroline's feet.

Aim my Leestone repeater at the giant lizard. Maybe shoot it if it kills Caroline.

You keep your rifle pointed at the creature, finger resting on the trigger.

"Aw, he's just a big softie 'ant he?" said Corbin, as he leveled his Glastchurch at the beast.
"easy, big fella, we'll fill you full of holes, we will."

Keep the beast in my sights, shoot only if I get the word.
If shots are fired, keep the horses from bolting.

You carefully take aim from the wagon, keeping the reins for the horse in one hand, just in case.

"Aw, hey there, hey there. I'll bet you wanna let me ride you like a horsie!"

Try to get on the lizard's good side and figure out its general temperament. And if it'd be willing to let me ride it as an awesome mount.

You open the ration and wave the meat in front of the lizard. It stalks slowly in and sniffs it, head still twitching about with eyes not focused on you. It seems to be calming down...simple minded creature, more stomach then brain. You might be able to tame it, if you have enough food.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 30, 2015, 05:37:07 pm »

"Hey, Boss, I know a bit about animals myself, I might be able to help her."

Think about if I could help Caroline tame the beast, or if it's best to let her at it.
If so, approach the lizard slowly, so as not to startle  it.

It not, or if boss says no, stay as I was.

Also, be ready to spout innuendo about the giant lizard and the maiden trying to tame it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:07:46 pm by Egan_BW »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 30, 2015, 06:41:12 pm »

That bloody beast better not bite. Fine, you may try. Martin, take over the cart for now. We better not leave the horses alone close to such creature.
Still aim, be ready to shoot.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 30, 2015, 06:59:17 pm »

"Well the good news is I think he can be tamed. The bad news is I think we've gotta feed him to do that. You can see how big he is... what you wanna do?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #956 on: April 30, 2015, 07:06:14 pm »

"Well the good news is I think he can be tamed. The bad news is I think we've gotta feed him to do that. You can see how big he is... what you wanna do?"
FEED IT A HORSE!

OR A CHIMNEY SWEEP!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 30, 2015, 07:16:44 pm »

FEED IT A HORSE!

OR A CHIMNEY SWEEP!
((Maybe we'll get lucky and a nanny with an umbrella will float down out of the sky and into its mouth.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 30, 2015, 07:35:46 pm »

If you can keep it under control, and it proves worth the extra ration strain, I see no problem with that. Otherwise...

((Okay, I'd like to recount our options here, Piecewise. About how big and powerful is this creature? Does it have a powerful build to match its height, or is it on the lean side? How big and sharp are the jaws? (Please, please, don't answer that last one by it biting someone. Just a rough comparison would suffice.)
How many rations a day would it cost us to feed it, assuming it does not catch anything by itself?
Finally, if we just took the creature back to the town, could we "sell it off""send back home as a gift to His Majesty" and return on our journey?
Oh, and, purely hypothetically speaking, should we butcher it and cook the meat, how much rations would we get out of it? Just a rough estimate?))
Past Sigs

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 30, 2015, 07:44:33 pm »

FEED IT A HORSE!

OR A CHIMNEY SWEEP!
No good, the others will know we can't be trusted then.

Horses, I mean. I see no issues with feeding it chimney sweeps, other than that I'm the closest thing we've got to one of those at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 85