Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 107089 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #930 on: April 28, 2015, 06:16:42 pm »

((It's fine to do so now, I think; at least it would help when we're suddenly ambushed by natives one hex away from start.
Or at least distribute the weapons. Victor has the Leestone Repeater, the revolver, one of the two machetes, and a dagger, obviously.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 28, 2015, 06:18:06 pm »

((Nik: Ah, the Trapping was my bad, and looks like Irony omitted the point I put in Foraging. Fixing.))
((Fixed now.))
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 06:21:35 pm by Egan_BW »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #932 on: April 28, 2015, 07:50:37 pm »

"Isn't it a glorious day to get into the history books?" Victor said and rubbed his fly rink under the pith helmet.

"I hope you ate and rested well in this little town, because we're marching on the double until we're far enough from charted lands, and as such shall conserve the rations."

No rations for today. We're moving south-west by south, double-time (two movement actions today).

Actually, since you're moving on farmland, horses can move up to three spaces in one movement action. So as long as you stay on that plain green area, you can keep moving. Anyways, how we do this is I'll describe movement through the hex and you can say if you want to keep following the route or stop here to perform an action.

Hex 1:
The area is a great expanse of short, light green grass, nearly perfectly flat. It has clearly been farmed before but is quite empty now, slightly overgrown but still lacking in trees. To the east lies a dense forest of old trees. It is still rather early in the morning and the dew laden grass rustles with gentle winds and the scurrying of tiny rodents. Brown and black with white banded tails, they shoot through the undergrowth on eight legs, blurs which flicker dark against green and then vanish. Clusters of flying creatures, luminous blue-green feathered bodies with four buzzing, transparent wings and jewel like multi-faceted eyes and carapace beaks atop slender arching necks, circle  the plain. They land occasionally, picking at the grass for a time before the approach of the horses drive them back into the sky.  In the distance, something makes an odd barking noise, and the grass rustles as something darts through it, chasing unseen prey.

Continue?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 29, 2015, 03:01:22 am »

((That is fine, but aren't we limited by cart's movement of two for level 1 hexes?))
Continue.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 29, 2015, 03:11:49 am »

Doo dee doo, riding on the wagon, checking my weapons. I got a rifle, pistol, and machete, right?

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #935 on: April 29, 2015, 04:49:39 am »

((That is fine, but aren't we limited by cart's movement of two for level 1 hexes?))
Continue.
Assuming you don't want to move ahead and split the party, yes.

You continue along in relative quiet for several hours, traversing the green plains and watching the various critters skitter about. As the sun reaches its peak and the heat of the day really starts to beat down, something happens. A flock of flying creatures, which like malformed stones with heavy cicada wings, rise from the grass at a great distance, squawking excitedly. Something large is moving toward the party; a lizard by the look of it, but huge. Several meters tall with a great multi-color frill. It's running on it's back legs, charging with it's mouth open and hissing like a steam locomotive. It shows no sign of slowing as it approaches.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #936 on: April 29, 2015, 06:11:11 am »

"Well, knock me down with a feather!  A great lizard!"
"Quick, which one of you knows about animals so we can tame it? I've always wanted to mount one of them!"

((As for equipment, I think I'll choose an Axe and a dagger for melee, and the Glastchurch .77 for ranged, with its 20 ammo packs, a compass, a fire steel, some cooking utensils and the fishing rod.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 29, 2015, 06:40:30 am »

"Mememememe!"

Get out of its path and then try to calm it down. Maybe feed it a ration? Giant enraged death lizards love tiny rations!

((Fort -1 mook vs giant death lizard is go))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 29, 2015, 06:43:17 am »

((Yes, of course, feed it your precious few rations. Brilliant!))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 29, 2015, 06:53:42 am »

((You SO JELLY of my new BFF

Oh god I just realized this is a water dragon it's probably running from something even bigger we are so doomed mine anyway hands off))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 29, 2015, 06:56:48 am »

((Plus perhaps some people could have followed along with Ironies suggestion and bring more rations in the first place!
Of course, with rations at a premium and everyone else in the expedition probably going to refuse to return now, you might have to miss another day of rations.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 29, 2015, 07:02:22 am »

Oh god I just realized this is a water dragon it's probably running from something even bigger we are so doomed mine anyway hands off))

Yes.

Spoiler: So jelly (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #942 on: April 29, 2015, 07:56:55 am »

((I thought it was something more like a velociraptor, so I was hoping we could get something like
Spoiler: this (click to show/hide)
for our majesty's royal troops.

And in the future, that could turn into something like
or
))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 29, 2015, 08:01:31 am »

((Funny thing here. We never specified which character drove the wagon. Probably someone with Animal Handling, so either Caroline or Corbin; but seeing Caroline's action, maybe it's better to have Corbin drive it for now. Everyone's okay with that?))

A bloody great lizard it is! And likely very, very angry.
Miss Caroline, if you manage to calm it down, you're welcome. But if not, I order you to not get eaten or maimed.
Driver, get the cart away from the creature!
Lads, ready! Aim for the legs, we only need to outmanoeuvre it! Shoot on my command!

Ride to the side and dismount; ready my Leestone Repeater. Aim for the great lizard's legs. If the creature does not slow down and calm down as it is mere several meters away from Miss Caroline or if it tries to harm her or anyone, open fire!
((I am really, really doubtful at how possible it is to tame this way a predator who already set his eyes on you. But hey, it's a d6-based forum game!))
Past Sigs

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 29, 2015, 08:04:12 am »

((I'm a fan of the "It's running from something bigger" option, myself.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 85