Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 107090 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #915 on: April 27, 2015, 08:52:51 pm »

Okay, so: how does splitting the team work? Do all the new teams get the standard "movement&action/two actions" allotment?
Also, can the team theoretically move on the forced march, i.e. take "movement" action twice a day?
Are the blue hexes rivers, and are they potentially crossable?

Also, just checked, and Egan's character has actually +1 in Foraging, not 0. This puts us at two foragers, which is actually nice in a way.
The split party works just like a whole one does.

For this, we'll say yes, they can.

Bodies of water. You'd have to build a boat to cross them. Or FORD IT.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 27, 2015, 09:03:41 pm »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 27, 2015, 09:09:43 pm »

Also, at some point it was either give up on some rations (which we can probably procure), the extra Cooking Utensils set (without which we are troubled if the first one is broken), or Medicine/Medical Supplies.  I decided that while we can ration the food until we find more, procuring the other two is probably impossible.
This isn't bad reasoning, but I'm getting the mental image of a massively overstuffed wagon waddling four tiles out and then coming home. The farther out we go, the more sense all these spares and tools and terrain equipment makes; the shorter the trip, less. I get the feeling we're way overprepared for the trip our food is going to allow.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #918 on: April 28, 2015, 01:03:21 am »

If we spend some days with one double foraging while the rest explore and maybe kill some animal, we can probably refill our supplies.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 28, 2015, 04:01:15 am »

Then this is it, I think. We go south for about three days (that's six tiles with the cart), maybe more, maybe less, depending on the yet unknown terrain, and then make a foraging stop while sending out the scout to find out the path for later (Actions for the day: Forage + scout move).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 28, 2015, 06:31:51 am »

Well, off we go, then.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 28, 2015, 10:00:10 am »

Discoveries await us! For His Majesty the King and the Country, let the expedition begin!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #922 on: April 28, 2015, 04:00:22 pm »

Discoveries await us! For His Majesty the King and the Country, let the expedition begin!

Ok.

So we're gonna do movement like this, because hexes don't handle directions so well. You see the top side of the hex? thats side 1. The one next to it, going clockwise, is side 2, and so on all the way around to side 6. In order to plot a path, you do it by giving the number that you leave the hex through. For instance:

The red path there would be 4,5,5,1,6

So give me your projected path and we'll run through it one hex at a time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 28, 2015, 04:02:36 pm »

2 2 2 1 1 2 2 2 2 2

Screw this place, let's get out!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #924 on: April 28, 2015, 04:23:13 pm »

2 2 2 1 1 2 2 2 2 2

Screw this place, let's get out!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: April 28, 2015, 04:53:46 pm »

"Isn't it a glorious day to get into the history books?" Victor said and rubbed his fly rink under the pith helmet.

"I hope you ate and rested well in this little town, because we're marching on the double until we're far enough from charted lands, and as such shall conserve the rations."

No rations for today. We're moving south-west by south, double-time (two movement actions today).
Past Sigs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 28, 2015, 05:08:49 pm »

"Indeed, Sir Mallorey! for king and country!" spoke Corbin. "A fine day indeed."
...Before muttering to himself "Forced march with no food! blimey. hope he pays well."

Onward!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 06:19:38 pm by Egan_BW »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 28, 2015, 05:36:02 pm »

"B-but, why didn't we just bring more rations...?" Caroline intoned, somewhat meekly. She knew a losing battle when she was in one.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 28, 2015, 06:04:18 pm »

We go in light, we have incentive to work and prepare rations in the field. And however more we could have had, those would not have lasted us forever, so better get down to it sooner than later.

((@Egan_BW I reviewed your list again and I think it's missing points. For one, it has Trapping at -1 while all adventurers start at 0 in it, according to the document, and for another you appear to have one more unspent skill point. At least, I see that you've upgraded Animal Handling by one and Medicine by two: three in total. ))
Past Sigs

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #929 on: April 28, 2015, 06:06:32 pm »

((Are we distributing inventory? Or not yet?))
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 85