Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 107362 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO: New testing! First come first serve!
« Reply #420 on: October 13, 2014, 11:57:31 pm »

((By "planning better", do you mean "planning at all"? Also, if I get a running start before chucking a javelin, will it hit harder?))

Time to go be a suicidal idiot hero. Sneak 1 space southeast and 3 spaces east and chuck a Concussion grenade at it, aiming for the face/near its earholes. Should be within 5 space range. If not, run close enough to be in range and chuck the Flashbang at it, covering my eyes as it goes off.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 12:04:37 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO: The first hunt begins!
« Reply #421 on: October 14, 2014, 11:32:40 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grappling hook to the roof.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 14, 2014, 11:33:56 am »

Find somewhere to quietly hide.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 02:58:56 pm by Tavik Toth »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 14, 2014, 01:59:58 pm »

Move slowly and steady West, with a Jav at the ready. No sudden movements. Take a shot if it jumps at me!

Spoiler: Hapah (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:25:26 pm by Hapah »
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 14, 2014, 02:57:45 pm »

Hide behind the building and ready javeline

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #425 on: October 14, 2014, 06:50:56 pm »

You hurl the grappling hook up towards the roof. It sails straight up...and then drops back down on your head. OW! Mother fucker that stings!

Find somewhere to quietly hide.

You curl up inside the building behind a piece of furniture and curse your terrible terrible birth stats.

Hide behind the building and ready javeline
You stay where you are, Javelin in hand,  ready to attack...as soon as the creature gets closer to you. Yeah. Just waiting for the right moment.

Yeah...

Hey, whats that thing flying up towards OH GOD YOUR EYES!
((By "planning better", do you mean "planning at all"? Also, if I get a running start before chucking a javelin, will it hit harder?))

Time to go be a suicidal idiot hero. Sneak 1 space southeast and 3 spaces east and chuck a Concussion grenade at it, aiming for the face/near its earholes. Should be within 5 space range. If not, run close enough to be in range and chuck the Flashbang at it, covering my eyes as it goes off.

You sneak out of the building, moving in a low crouch, and, once you're halfway to the creature, stop. You light the fuse on the makeshift bomb and hurl it straight at the creature's face. The bomb arcs up, spinning in air until it almost hits the creature. Then it goes off. You don't see this, of course, you've had your eyes covered from the second after you threw it.

You assume it went off well, because now you can't hear anything but a high pitched ringing.
Move slowly and steady West, with a Jav at the ready. No sudden movements. Take a shot if it jumps at me!

You back up, javelin held in one hand, ready to throw. The creature is staring at you with that particular type of mindless glare, that reptilian, uncomprehending black eyed focus. You're so busy watching it, waiting for the moment to attack, that you don't even notice the flash bang coming in, at least until it goes off. And then your vision is a haze of white and your ears are deaf and ringing.

No one with eyes on the creature when the flashbang was thrown can see it now, either because they're blind for the moment or just not looking. However, everyone but Hap and Beirus can hear it: It makes a terrible screeching noise, like a sheet of metal being scrapped across concrete and there's the sound of giant feathers beating the air and debris collapsing mixed with its panicked calls.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 14, 2014, 06:59:18 pm »

((What happened to my hearing protection and covering my eyes, PW?))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 14, 2014, 07:21:54 pm »

Try again.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 14, 2014, 07:23:49 pm »

Stay in guard for monster while still hiding.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #429 on: October 14, 2014, 10:46:51 pm »

Well considering one was fatty earplugs and the other was a dark piece of cloth, I assumed you weren't wearing them, since it would make things rather hard under normal circumstances. We can assume you can hear, if it makes that much of a difference but keep in mind that next time you should make sure you're wearing them.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 14, 2014, 10:59:53 pm »

Sprint/Stumble West until my vision returns.

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 14, 2014, 11:29:38 pm »

Well considering one was fatty earplugs and the other was a dark piece of cloth, I assumed you weren't wearing them, since it would make things rather hard under normal circumstances. We can assume you can hear, if it makes that much of a difference but keep in mind that next time you should make sure you're wearing them.
((Oh, thought when you said "good luck getting them back out" when I got them, it meant they were already inserted. My bad. Also, I don't have the eye cover. I just covered my eyes with my hands. Not effective?))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:38:50 pm by Beirus »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #432 on: October 14, 2014, 11:37:39 pm »

((Oh, thought when you said "good luck getting them back out" when I got them, it meant they were already inserted. Also, I don't have the eye cover. I just covered my eyes with my hands. Not effective?))
OH, no that worked fine. You can see, you just weren't looking for that moment because, well, flashbang. You're just a bit deafened.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO: New testing! First come first serve!
« Reply #433 on: October 14, 2014, 11:41:59 pm »

((Ah. Yay, that went as well as it probably could have under the circumstances. Does that mean I'm still Hunter MVP?  :P))

Lower hands from eyes and look around for creature or trail. Have javelin ready and throw it if creature attacks me in range. Aim for the head.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 15, 2014, 01:12:10 am »

Drop and play dead.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 85