Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 107194 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: LIMBO
« Reply #270 on: August 29, 2014, 09:34:52 am »

Ready Snapper and slowly advance down the stairs. If there is anything hostile, shoot it.
Ben glanced at the man wielding a rifle, and made an after you motion.

Stun club out, let Tavik Toth's character go down the stairs first, then follow. Try not to make any noise if my companions are being similarly stealthy. Don't go down the stairs if nobody else does.

Spoiler: Ben Febinez (click to show/hide)

Still filming. Follow someone else down the stairs.

Spoiler: Alec Badel (click to show/hide)

Follow everyone.[\b]
The sound, as it turns out, is coming from a door a few feet down the wide hall at the end of the stairs. It's one of the automated doors, repeatedly opening and closing on another of those exoskeletons. The exoskeleton, empty of a pilot, flexes weakly each time, an outstretched arm bending at the shoulder and then jerking and falling back into a previous  position. The hall, which is much larger then the one above it, stretches out a good 30 feet or so before reaching a large circular intersection that has 3 other halls branching off it.

The opening and closing door appears to lead to some sort of machine shop or repair area, ironically, while the other door, which could be seen from the top of the stairs, leads to a room that appears to have been in the process of being unloaded. Metal cubes have been pulled off wall racks and are scattered about over the floor.

Quote from: PW
"Get me the fuck out of here" function...
That'd be damn nice!

Loot every black shard I can find on the bodies near the door. Start going down the hall again. Gouge regular marks into the walls, and feed the murderstick more black shards if I need to. If at any point I can't see the last mark I made, or come across marks, stop.

Spoiler: Hapah (click to show/hide)
You steal as much "ammo" as you can find and then set out along the path again, gouging marks into the wall every so often, especially around corners and long stretches. You walk for 15 minutes before finally coming to one of your marks. The mark is on the ceiling this time.

"Thats just not fair."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 29, 2014, 09:49:57 am »

Take a closer look into the machine shop room. Anything interesting in there?

Pick up one of the cubes. If it doesn't turn into a pyramid or something, check if it has some way of opening. If not, put it into my backpack, and then use the Cutting Torch on another one to see if they're hollow. If it does have some way of opening, open it.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 29, 2014, 11:04:41 am »

"Ve could use some of those metal boxes to keep that opening and closing door open."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 29, 2014, 11:39:12 am »

"Maybe try taking the exoskeleton out, first, and then see if the door works properly? I want to have a look at these cubes."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 29, 2014, 12:39:38 pm »

Film the machine shop room and tiny cubes.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #275 on: September 01, 2014, 11:35:00 am »

Take a closer look into the machine shop room. Anything interesting in there?

Pick up one of the cubes. If it doesn't turn into a pyramid or something, check if it has some way of opening. If not, put it into my backpack, and then use the Cutting Torch on another one to see if they're hollow. If it does have some way of opening, open it.

You walk over toward the machine shop, getting right up next to the opening and closing door to try and get a better look in. As you look, the exoskeleton that's trapped in the door reaches up and grabs your ankle, locking it's metallic fingers firmly around your leg. And then it starts trying to either pull you towards it, or pull itself out of the crushing door using you as an anchor. Unfortunately for you, you are a very poor anchor.

Film the machine shop room and tiny cubes.

You provide colorful commentary to the video feed as Ben struggles not to get dragged into the door.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 01, 2014, 12:12:27 pm »

"Aaah! Fuck!"

Brute force myself away from the exoskeleton. If and only if I cannot escape its grasp nor pull the both of us away from the door, grit teeth and use the stun club on the exoskeleton (and myself, if the Merc suit isn't insulated).

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 01, 2014, 01:12:05 pm »

Help Ben
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 01, 2014, 02:20:14 pm »

*Sigh*

Help Ben.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 01, 2014, 04:27:05 pm »

Filming. Must maintain journalistic integrity. Unless he is in serious trouble, at which point crush the head or wrist of the exoskeleton with my gauntlet.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 04:35:56 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #280 on: September 02, 2014, 10:18:18 am »

"Aaah! Fuck!"

Brute force myself away from the exoskeleton. If and only if I cannot escape its grasp nor pull the both of us away from the door, grit teeth and use the stun club on the exoskeleton (and myself, if the Merc suit isn't insulated).

Help Ben
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*Sigh*

Help Ben.
Everyone except Alec rushes to Ben's aid, grabbing his arms and upper body and trying to yank him out of the Exoskeleton's grip. Ben struggles as well, his ankle bleeding as the metal fingers tear skin and threaten to dislocate joints. Despite their efforts the exoskeleton continues to pull, starting to yank itself free of the door.

Finally, Alec, still filming, walks over and proceeds to crush the exoskeleton's arm with his gauntlet. Then he digs the claws of the gauntlet into the machine's shoulder joint and pinches down, slicing the limb free.  The rest of the team topples over backwards as the force they were struggling against suddenly vanishes. The mechanical limb is still clamped tightly to Ben's ankle, but it isn't moving anymore.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 02, 2014, 10:40:48 am »

Try to get out one more time while holding the silvery capsule. If that doesn't work, because it probably won't work, go back through the damaged door.

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 02, 2014, 10:57:15 am »

"Phew. Thanks guys."

Try to pry the exoskeleton hand off of my ankle. Whether or not I can get it off, hobble(?) over to the storage room with the cubes. Pick one up carefully and examine it for seams, openings, etc. If it's an solid block, put it back on the ground and try to melt through the side with the Cutting Torch, to see if it's hollow.
If there is an opening, open it.
If I can't walk because of the exoskeleton hand or what it did to my ankle, inform my teammates of such and chill with my back against the wall, for now. With a respectable distance between me and the exoskeleton.

((What's the point of having a +2 to physical force rolls if you can't out-muscle an exoskeleton!? :P))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #283 on: September 03, 2014, 12:32:57 pm »

Try to get out one more time while holding the silvery capsule. If that doesn't work, because it probably won't work, go back through the damaged door.

It does not seem to work; you end up at the same place. Hmm. This is a pretty good prison, now that you think about it. Lets you in but then literally does not let you out. Hmm.

You head back to the damaged door and crawl through.

"Phew. Thanks guys."

Try to pry the exoskeleton hand off of my ankle. Whether or not I can get it off, hobble(?) over to the storage room with the cubes. Pick one up carefully and examine it for seams, openings, etc. If it's an solid block, put it back on the ground and try to melt through the side with the Cutting Torch, to see if it's hollow.
If there is an opening, open it.
If I can't walk because of the exoskeleton hand or what it did to my ankle, inform my teammates of such and chill with my back against the wall, for now. With a respectable distance between me and the exoskeleton.

((What's the point of having a +2 to physical force rolls if you can't out-muscle an exoskeleton!? :P))

You pry the exoskeleton off your leg, wincing as you do. You stand up and try to put some weight on the leg.
(Increase your pain by one for now)
You stumble and hiss, taking your weight off it again. It's not broken, but it is certainly tender.

You limp over to the cubes in the other room and kneel down. The cubes themselves have no immediately visible seams or openings but when you touch them on their top, a small seam does appear, revealing what appears to be a lid. You open it up carefully, and there is the sucking sound of a hermetic seal being broken as you lift the lid. Inside are several of what look like glass cubes with no visible openings on them. Inside the cubes are organic matter; some are just organs or tissue samples, while others are entire small creatures, aquatic by the look of them, and inhabitants of the deep sea, if their giant fangs, eyeless faces and albino scales are anything to go by.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 03, 2014, 04:38:08 pm »

"Huh. Organic samples. Wonder what they wanted these for."

Check a few of the other cubes to see if they have the same things inside. If so, put an unopened metal cube in my backpack. Then reseal the opened cubes after Alec is finished filming and limp back out into the hallway.
If another teammate heads down the hall to the intersection, follow them. Otherwise, observe the exoskeleton from a safe distance for a while. How is it reacting to missing an arm?

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 05:01:02 pm by swordsmith04 »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 85