Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 107120 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: LIMBO
« Reply #240 on: August 21, 2014, 12:08:54 pm »

Keep guard.
Where would you like to keep him?~

More exoskeletons? Fantastic."
Go film the exoskeleton and alcove charging setup.

Spoiler: Alec Badel (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
The filming continues. Hopefully, after you die horribly, they'll find this video and turn it into a found footage blockbuster.

What kind of alcoves are we talking about, here? Are they built into the wall, or are they retrievable?
These exoskeletons are for "aliens", right. But this is Minos, which was a human colony. Does that mean I could use one of these things?

The door that didn't open when I approached it - is it a sliding door, like the other one? Does it have any visible way to open it? If it's another sliding door and doesn't have another socket, cut it off its "hinge" with my Cutting Torch.

"Found some more of those exoskeletons. These ones are intact. Charging alcoves for 'em, too."

Spoiler: Ben Febinez (click to show/hide)
The alcoves are metal lined half circles embedded in the wall, with several cords running into the exoskeletons inside them.

They are humanoid in shape, but there's the problem of the spikes all along the inside. It was clearly designed to be used by something humanoid but with certain other modifications, no doubt; specific nerve ports maybe. You doubt it's for "aliens" it's probably designed for one of the engineered races which the Minotians created. They seemed to create new subspecies on a whim for even minor jobs.

You go over to the other sliding door, the one which won't open. It has no socket or visible method of entry, so you pull out your cutting torch and try to slice it straight out of the doorway. You can't manage it though, you just keep slashing the cutter across the door, making kungfu fighting noises with your mouth while you do.

Put black shards into the attracted end of the rod until something happens.

Spoiler: Hapah (click to show/hide)
You pull out one of the small fragments and bring it near the bottom of the rod. The fragment gets within a few inches of the rod and then leaps out of your fingers and onto the rod, where it seems to just melt straight into the surface. You feel the hair on the back of your arms stand on end and there is a definite feeling of static electricity hanging in the air. The empty space between the prongs of the double helix glows a ghostly green and little pinpricks of green light crawl from the base of the pole to the tip.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 21, 2014, 12:39:45 pm »

"Head down?"

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 21, 2014, 01:30:40 pm »

"Huh? Oh, right. Just let me finish cutting through this door. Ahem."

Cut through door, for real this time. If I still can't manage it, give up and go down the stairs. I'll try again on the way back.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #243 on: August 22, 2014, 11:13:05 am »

"Huh? Oh, right. Just let me finish cutting through this door. Ahem."

Cut through door, for real this time. If I still can't manage it, give up and go down the stairs. I'll try again on the way back.

You manage to cut a small hole in the door and then you stop. You stop because a high pressure jet of water sprays out of the hole and hits you square in the face. Water is now spraying out of the hole in the door and against the opposite wall. That...could be bad.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 22, 2014, 11:15:07 am »

Sounds bad. Should we run?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 22, 2014, 11:39:53 am »

"Ya."

RUN.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 22, 2014, 11:41:27 am »

Run to elevator

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 22, 2014, 12:54:01 pm »

Hmm!

Keep leaving the pyramid, back the way I came from. I'd like to take a picture of the rods around the perimeter of the pyramid with a brief description on the way out; if I get another turn.

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 22, 2014, 02:56:46 pm »

Run back to the elevator! And keep filming.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 22, 2014, 03:21:43 pm »

"Ahhh shit."

Okay. You said the hole is "small". Does that mean it's fist-sized, head-sized, or small-compared-to-the-rest-of-the-door size?
Where'd the piece of the door that I cut off go? Shove that back in the hole, try to keep it there. If I manage that and feel that I could keep it in place with one hand, attempt to use the cutting torch to weld it back into place. If I can't find it/there isn't one, cut off a piece of the wall between the two non-waterfilled rooms, slightly larger than the waterhole and use that to plug it.

"Don't leave yet, guys. I might need your help to fix this."

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 22, 2014, 03:45:14 pm »

Oops, mispost
Curl on elevator floor and brace myself.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:02:10 pm by Illgeo »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #251 on: August 22, 2014, 11:48:46 pm »

"Ahhh shit."

Okay. You said the hole is "small". Does that mean it's fist-sized, head-sized, or small-compared-to-the-rest-of-the-door size?
Where'd the piece of the door that I cut off go? Shove that back in the hole, try to keep it there. If I manage that and feel that I could keep it in place with one hand, attempt to use the cutting torch to weld it back into place. If I can't find it/there isn't one, cut off a piece of the wall between the two non-waterfilled rooms, slightly larger than the waterhole and use that to plug it.

"Don't leave yet, guys. I might need your help to fix this."

It is just big enough to stick your thumb into.

You didn't cut a piece off. It's a cutting TORCH, you melted a hole in the metal. The piece you "Cut" off is a small pool of cooling molten metal on the ground.

Also you can't weld with a cutting torch. At least not without some sort of external source of metal to melt and use as a joining medium. And it's rather hard to melt metal into a hole on a vertical surface.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #252 on: August 23, 2014, 12:11:48 am »

"Ya."

RUN.
Run to elevator

Run back to the elevator! And keep filming.

Oops, mispost
Curl on elevator floor and brace myself.
You all run to the elevator and stand there. Thats about all you do.

Hmm!

Keep leaving the pyramid, back the way I came from. I'd like to take a picture of the rods around the perimeter of the pyramid with a brief description on the way out; if I get another turn.

You can have as many turns as you want.

You walk back toward the entrance. After walking for 10 minutes, taking 5 corners and ending up back at the door you just left from, you finally admit to yourself that it's surprisingly hard to find your way out of here.

And that is particularly frightening because there were no forks in the path; you just followed the hall and it led back here, without any turns or branches.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 23, 2014, 12:18:44 am »

I wonder if I could use the Talon Gauntlet to pinch the hole closed.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 23, 2014, 10:08:33 am »

Cut out a section of the wall between the two right hand rooms, about 15cm by 15cm. Then cut out another, more like a rod than a square. Wait until the metal cools down enough to touch, then carry them over to the hole in the door. Using the rod as welding material, weld the square over the hole.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 85