Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 107129 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: LIMBO
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2014, 10:05:36 pm »

((Oh god, I feel like I'm walking into someone's DF megaproject and the HFS is down the stairs.))

Yeah...I think I'll stay far away from the alien murder pit.

See if there are any nook/alcoves/rooms on my side of the weaponized mine carts near the door. If so, see if they contain valuables.

Spoiler: Hapah (click to show/hide)
The alcoves are odd; they're not rooms, they're more like...like the shafts that hold pistons. The back wall of the room is a different material,  and it looks like it could move. Judging by the arrangement of these rooms along the walls, this is some sort of lockdown system which would build a barrier over the pit. Odd that it isn't active, honestly.

Insert exoskeleton hand into socket. No risk, no reward.

Spoiler: Ben Febinez (click to show/hide)
Ready Snapper.

Filming, ho!

Spoiler: Alec Badel (click to show/hide)

The elevator hums for a moment, lurches up a half inch and then begins to descend. It continues down for minutes, picking up speed as it goes. There are safety rails on the platform, and the shaft hisses by on all sides, begging someone to stumble and have their face smeared across the polished metal. The descent increases speed till the men riding it are almost floating off their feet, the platform descending as fast as they fall, and then, it begins to slow, making it's way from terminal velocity back down to stationary in just long enough a distance to not injure the riders, even if the sensation is unpleasant. Once it reaches the bottom of the shaft it stops in front of what seems to be a door, but the door remains closed. There aren't any panels in the surprisingly well lit shaft, no visible way to open the big circular door that looms before them.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2014, 10:21:45 pm »

Carry exoskeleton over to door. Tap exoskeleton hand against door experimentally. Try to slide/push door open, as applicable.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2014, 10:31:22 pm »

Filming intensifies.

Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 15, 2014, 04:23:54 am »

Walk up to door.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 16, 2014, 09:20:21 pm »

Pan the datapad around and take a short recording of the room. Scribble my name and "Turned Back" on the wall by the door. Then, push my backpack through the hole in the door and crawl back out.

Finally, if there's time, see if I can walk with one of the rod weapons in one hand (kinda like a walking stick, I've got 1 weight left)

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 16, 2014, 09:36:11 pm »

((Is it odd that my character here is doing what my ER character would have been doing had I not gone to LIMBO? Namely, observing without actually doing anything.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2014, 05:12:32 pm »

Carry exoskeleton over to door. Tap exoskeleton hand against door experimentally. Try to slide/push door open, as applicable.

Filming intensifies.

Walk up to door.

As soon as you pull the claw out of the socket, the door slides open and reveals a hallway, the lights flicking on down its length. The hallway runs for maybe 30 feet, with two doors on either side, and then there is a staircase downward, somewhere deeper into the building. Judging from how long you were falling on that elevator, this building must be quite deep underwater.

Pan the datapad around and take a short recording of the room. Scribble my name and "Turned Back" on the wall by the door. Then, push my backpack through the hole in the door and crawl back out.

Finally, if there's time, see if I can walk with one of the rod weapons in one hand (kinda like a walking stick, I've got 1 weight left)

You draw a little "Turned around" message complete with a nervous looking smiley face and then head back out. You grab one of the rods on your way and as soon as you get hold of it you can feel your backback move slightly, leaning toward the rod, as though something in the bag is magnetically attracted to it.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 17, 2014, 06:03:52 pm »

Try the doors! Leave the exoskeleton outside the elevator, for now, unless the doors have sockets.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2014, 06:29:48 pm »

Go watch stairs with Snapper.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 18, 2014, 04:06:39 pm »

See what the rod is attracted to, starting with the capsule. Make sure it's not pointed at me!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #235 on: August 19, 2014, 01:28:05 pm »

Go watch stairs with Snapper.
You wander over to the stairs and look down them. The lights are still off farther below, but you don't see anything, as of yet.

Try the doors! Leave the exoskeleton outside the elevator, for now, unless the doors have sockets.

The doors open when you get up near to them, all except the one on the far left, which remains closed. The one on the close left appears to be a supply room, though it is empty except for metal shelving and racks on the walls. The one on the near right is much the same. The one on the far right contains several more exoskeletons, each standing in a little charging alcove.  The alcove and the exoskeleton appear to be undamaged, though neither have any sort of indicator lights or visible method of telling if thats true or not.

See what the rod is attracted to, starting with the capsule. Make sure it's not pointed at me!

The little black shards seem to be what is attracted to the rod, specifically they're attracted to the lower side of the rod, the opposite tip to the double helix spear point.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 19, 2014, 03:49:44 pm »

Keep guard.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 19, 2014, 04:10:47 pm »

What kind of alcoves are we talking about, here? Are they built into the wall, or are they retrievable?
These exoskeletons are for "aliens", right. But this is Minos, which was a human colony. Does that mean I could use one of these things?

The door that didn't open when I approached it - is it a sliding door, like the other one? Does it have any visible way to open it? If it's another sliding door and doesn't have another socket, cut it off its "hinge" with my Cutting Torch.

"Found some more of those exoskeletons. These ones are intact. Charging alcoves for 'em, too."

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 20, 2014, 07:47:39 pm »

Put black shards into the attracted end of the rod until something happens.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 20, 2014, 07:50:45 pm »

More exoskeletons? Fantastic."
Go film the exoskeleton and alcove charging setup.

[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 85