Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 107068 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: LIMBO
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2014, 02:57:36 pm »

((Do you get paid for information or only tangible loots?))
If the information is actionable, then you can get paid for it. Recording it helps too. Datapads have a camera. I may want to add a camera to the shopping list too.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2014, 03:43:33 pm »

Also, considering the air tax and the set up, I think this song is the official theme song of Crossroads.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2014, 04:11:20 pm »

Take out Perforator. Advance down the hall on the opposite side of the ... thing? See if I can determine anything about it when closer.

Spoiler: Hapah (click to show/hide)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2014, 04:13:11 pm »

Does the lantern fill up my last Weight slot?

"An exoskeleton, huh? Nice find. What killed the alien, though? And did it have anything for the door?"

Spoiler: Ben Febinez (click to show/hide)

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 09, 2014, 04:15:28 pm »

How much does exoskeleton weight?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 09, 2014, 04:29:05 pm »

"An exoskeleton, huh? Nice find. What killed the alien, though? And did it have anything for the door?"

"Something in the water might of been what killed it. And it seems that its hands were able to fit into that socket next to the door."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 09, 2014, 04:42:19 pm »

"Let's try it, then. D'you need help carrying it over?"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 09, 2014, 04:47:41 pm »

"Probably."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #188 on: August 09, 2014, 04:49:40 pm »

Take out Perforator. Advance down the hall on the opposite side of the ... thing? See if I can determine anything about it when closer.

You unholster the unwieldy revolver and slowly advance on the object, weapon pointed at it the entire time. You get right up beside it...well, you're on the other side of the hall, but you're as close to it as you're gonna get for the moment. Now that you're closer you can see that the gray...exoskeleton? Armor? Suit?  Second skin? Whatever it is, despite looking organic, doesn't appear to be part of the creature that resides inside it. The suit, for that is what you assume it is, has a chuck missing from its side and the internal structure, all tubes and webbing, is cradling a body with a matching hole in its side. The body is pale, sunken and mummified, vaguely humanoid in appearance, save for the odd- are they scales? Metallic implants?- formations running down it's side. Is it one of the creatures the humans on Minos made? You've heard stories that the Minotians created countless servant races and that some still lived in the planet, but this isn't Minos. Maybe this is a true alien?  You really can't tell, not as it is, with this partial view of a damaged mummy.

You lower your revolver and look at the body a bit closer. Its got a bet...or at least thats what you think it is,  strung along  its waist and something held in one hand.

No, it's weightless, quite literally.

How much does exoskeleton weight?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The one that Tavik found? 3 units, unpowered.  It's a big chunk of metal, after all.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 09, 2014, 05:16:09 pm »

Take a picture of the corpse. See what the alien has in it's hand, and take it if it looks valuable. Examine the belt.

If all that goes off without a hitch, scribble initials, the time, and an arrow going further down the hall  on the wall with the marking pen.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 09, 2014, 05:46:11 pm »

Help Tavik Toth's character carry the exoskeleton over to the socket.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 09, 2014, 05:59:16 pm »

Lift exoskeleton with Ben.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #192 on: August 09, 2014, 08:41:33 pm »

Also, considering the air tax and the set up, I think this song is the official theme song of Crossroads.
I sincerely hope so. Or maybe This

Take a picture of the corpse. See what the alien has in it's hand, and take it if it looks valuable. Examine the belt.

If all that goes off without a hitch, scribble initials, the time, and an arrow going further down the hall  on the wall with the marking pen.

You take out your data pad and snap a picture or two, of the thing as a whole and of the flesh you can see.  That done, you carefully pry open its hand. The object in his hand is capsule shaped, silvery and maybe 3 inches long and one inch at it's thickest part. You pick it up. It is heavier then it looks, and seems to resist being tilted, as though stabilized by some sort of internal gyroscope. You stick it in your bag.  You try to get his belt off, but it is firmly fused to the rest of the suit. There are small pods on it, bony things topped with leathery sphincters.

You stand up for a moment and scribble your initials, the date, and an arrow going off down the hall in the faintly glowing silver ink of the marking pen.

Lift exoskeleton with Ben.
Help Tavik Toth's character carry the exoskeleton over to the socket.

You both carry the body over to the socket and, with some difficulty and finagling, extend its arm and jam the hand into the socket. Once you have it partially in the limb practically jumps the rest of the way, as though pulled magnetically into place. There is a clank and suction sound as it fits into place. Something in the wall releases and the entire suit wobbles unsteadily, the socket suddenly able to turn.  On a hunch, you both push the body around as though turning a key. It rotates a quarter turn and then locks back into place. The screen above it blinks, glows with bluish light and then displays something in a language that isn't any you've ever seen, before then displaying a strange diagram of 3 interlocking circles with what appear to be touch sensitive symbols on each circle. 

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 09, 2014, 09:40:30 pm »

Film everything involving the exoskeleton and control panel with the camera on the datapad, or at least take pictures.

Spoiler: Alec Badel (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 09, 2014, 10:34:33 pm »

Wonder what killed the poor bastard?

Continue down the hall.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 85