Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 106925 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2014, 11:42:46 am »

((Don't I get a +1 to intuition? Why do the dice hate me, PW?))

Make it all better with intuitive actions. No talking this time.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2014, 01:18:30 pm »

Actually the post I was making kept getting delete for no reason so I erased all conscious memory of this thread from my mind. Now that I have computer access, I'm gonna make one that will actually endure when I get bored in the middle of making it and watch a YouTube video.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2014, 02:59:33 pm »

Because you rolled a 1. So you got a 2.

Actually the post I was making kept getting delete for no reason so I erased all conscious memory of this thread from my mind. Now that I have computer access, I'm gonna make one that will actually endure when I get bored in the middle of making it and watch a YouTube video.

Then give me some spells. Any spells. Shit you'd want to do with magic, both big and small.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2014, 03:21:56 pm »

Hmm. Main one that's coming down the pipe right now is Advanced Time Fuckery, which is a combination of divination and regular time fuckery. Say some asshole fortune teller prophesies that you'll be defeated by a good guy if you keep on acting like an evil wizard. Get some characteristics of the good guy out of the fortuneteller, and use magic that lets you see into possible futures to look for the guy. Once you've locked onto the guy, use time fuckery to screw his life and destiny to defeat you up totally. Set up a predetermined time warp so that if he shows up to challenge you he gets retconned into a baby. Retroactively make his parents neglectful assholes that starve him and lead to him becoming sickly and weak. Determine through extensive viewing of your own future when the warrior shows up and where. Go to that location and fire off a hundred typical damaging spells off into that area, ie fireballs, lightning bolts, all that jazz, but fire them into a time portal that's programmed to appear just behind the hero at his moment of triumph. Etcetera.
That's all I can think of right now because that actually sounds pretty cool to do.
Sig! Onol

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2014, 09:06:51 pm »

I'm pretty sure PW had a game about that.  IIRC, the moment you cast the spells into the portal, another portal would open up with lightning shooting out at you, then a second you would jump into you and take the shot- just before another you covered in burns tried to stab you.

Hmm.  Big things that I can think of that old Perplexicon missed (Which is the reason behind this, yes?), was 'grand' effect spells.  Like affecting weather- IIRC, there was never a way to make it rain lightning or nuclear cats or whatever.  Or stuff like standard fairy tale curses "And the land was thrust into winter until the day that the seal was broken".  You can't just effect a plauge that turns everyone into bloodthirsty toddlers, or causes global famine or whatever.

Ugh, this reminds me that I have a bunch of stuff on my old computer for an expanded Perplexicon game.  If you'd like, I could try and scratch together the new stuff I thought of, and send it to you.  Probably not much new stuff there though; a lot of it was just refining other people's ideas, like contingency spells.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2014, 10:02:34 pm »

Wait for Jhn to surface.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2014, 08:53:20 am »

Hey, if I got a game together here would you corpse-os be willing to give it a play? I've been playing around with something in my free time.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2014, 10:44:28 am »

I'd be interested, but I also want to finish what we're doing now... Can we do both? :P

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2014, 10:59:13 am »

Heh, overshoot this time.

You attempt to defuse the situation by gesturing wildly.

Well, she seems to have gone from furious at you to extremely confused and seemingly a bit worried that you might be having a stroke.

Wait for Jhn to surface.
You sit on the dock and wait. After a minute or so a few heads burst up from the sea, gasping as the bob over toward the dock. Jhn is one of them, obvious with his half shaved head and the scarification the people on his island practice as a right of passage, thin scar patterns crisscrossing his face and shoulders. He bobs over to the dock and pulls himself up, sprawling out on the concrete like a freshly caught fish.

I'd be interested, but I also want to finish what we're doing now... Can we do both? :P
We'll see. It's not done yet, I was just asking.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2014, 01:07:09 pm »

((Yaaay, game. Game! GAME! (That's a yes from me). Also glad I couldn't roll a 1 and end up trying to rape her or beat her or something.))

"Sorry. I didn't mean what I said earlier, that was just the buildup to the muscle spasm. Think I might have some really bad food poisoning or something."

Keep listening for things going on outside the room.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2014, 11:54:37 am »

Give him a few seconds to catch his breath; take note of where the diving equipment is stored, then help him stand up and lead him a bit away from the other divers. Say, "Something's happened. We need to talk somewhere private." but with appropriate accent, of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2014, 01:11:36 am »

Oi, Corpse brain trust, I got a question for you. You remember that quiet world? The snow globe and it's environs?

If you were to have to explore someplace like that, what kind of tools would you take with you? Not weapons or anything, but tools. Rope, Welding torches, glow sticks, etc.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2014, 01:16:18 am »

A giant force of robots/sods/robot sods along with various vehicles and stuff to explore the world for me.
Sig! Onol

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2014, 02:35:45 pm »

Oi, Corpse brain trust, I got a question for you. You remember that quiet world? The snow globe and it's environs?

If you were to have to explore someplace like that, what kind of tools would you take with you? Not weapons or anything, but tools. Rope, Welding torches, glow sticks, etc.

The above, plus Spelunky-style climbing gloves; a sonar-mapping device; a tablet to look at the map, take pictures, video, notes, etc.; a non-conductive MkII or equivalent; some kind of flight system, like the MkIII's rocket pods, but smaller (and safer, preferably), and a parachute in case the rockets run out of fuel while in the air. And plenty of explosives.

EDIT: And CamEyes.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:11:24 pm by swordsmith04 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2014, 04:07:51 pm »

The above, plus Spelunky-style climbing gloves; a sonar-mapping device; a tablet to look at the map, take pictures, video, notes, etc.; a non-conductive MkII or equivalent; some kind of flight system, like the MkIII's rocket pods, but smaller (and safer, preferably), and a parachute in case the rockets run out of fuel while in the air. And plenty of explosives.
And a nuke. A big nuke. Because I don't think we could get an orbital bombardment when we inevitably screw up.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 85