Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 106935 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2014, 04:11:38 pm »

Lerman pops into existence.

"Yaaay."
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2014, 05:14:14 pm »

You know, if you end up here when Steve shocks you, and if things that happen here can affect the ER-verse in some way, we might have people who just stay on ship and repeatedly get shocked to end up here. I'm sure PW would love that. He could even set up a creative kill chamber on the Sword to send people here if shocking them gets old.

"Hey Steve, I need you to knock me out."
"Okay, go stand over there on that red X."
"Wait, what are all these sharp, pointy things foAAAGGGHH!"
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2014, 08:05:36 am »

((Yeah, shocking isn't a kill, just a stun.  Go back to live-land!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2014, 08:45:09 am »

Continue down street. Don't look at them, and try to act normal. Don't give them any reason to think I'm not just another night shift worker headed down to the docks.

Who's my boss, at the docks?
You put your hands in your pockets and walk casually, eying the stalls on the other side of the street from them. It's a tense few minutes of trying your best to look nonchalant, bored even, but eventually, you get a good distance from them, enough to warrant a quick look over your shoulder to confirm they aren't following you. They aren't.

Your boss at the docks is one of any number of overseers; a gang if dockbosses who shout out orders to the workers, rarely by name. A welder like you isn't specialized enough to require specific leadership; plates can be welded by whoever volunteers first. Jal has a specific boss, but it's not like the guy is overly friendly with him or you. In general, you don't think any of them are going to stick their neck out for the friend of a worker.

Go look at the water through that hole in the wall. Also, listen to sounds coming from outside the room. Anything interesting going on?
The water is a good 20 feet or more down, but the building sticks out far enough from the cliff face that it's beyond the rocks near the shore, over open, deep water instead. You figure, worse comes to worse, you might be able to jump out and swim for it.

There are no sounds from around your room, at least none that are distinguishable as anything in particular. The occasional creek of metal under the force of a sea breeze, or hollow thudding of feet on a walkway up above. Sometimes there's a soft mumble of someone speaking, filtered through too many walls to be understandable, and high up and to the left, there's a rhythmic clatter of a bed rocking.

Mel has sat herself on the abandoned bed in the corner and is shrinking in on herself, body squeezing itself up tight with fear and tension. She's clasping her hands together and holding them up so they touch her forehead, blocking your view of her face. She's mumbling something, praying to one of the old gods that used to live on the mainland, and now live in the superliners. She's told you about those gods once; they seemed entirely too angry for your liking.

Lerman pops into existence.

"Yaaay."
Do this and you can't go back, not till the mission is over at least. Still want to?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2014, 08:51:10 am »

Wait, so Lerman can wake up and kill all the aliens*? No limbo for me then.

*note: suspected possessed ARM members may count as aliens
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 08:54:21 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2014, 09:19:35 am »

Wait, so Lerman can wake up and kill all the aliens*? No limbo for me then.

*note: suspected possessed ARM members may count as aliens

I dunno if you really can, Miya may just keep shocking you, but I'm saying if you come here, you can't keep trying to wake up.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2014, 10:08:36 am »

Continue to the docks.

Are there any workers who might help me and Jhn? And what does Jhn do at the docks?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2014, 04:28:26 pm »

Try to calm Mel down. See if she will tell Mr exactly how she got on Sharktooth's bad side.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2014, 10:59:46 am »

Try to calm Mel down. See if she will tell Mr exactly how she got on Sharktooth's bad side.

I believe you were in the room when she said that, friendo. Wanna rethink that action so she doesn't think you weren't paying attention before. Might annoy her. And she did just kill a man. Might not want to annoy her.

Continue to the docks.

Are there any workers who might help me and Jhn? And what does Jhn do at the docks?

You keep heading for the docks, pushing your way slowly through the crowds along the way.

You and Jhn have a few mutual friends at the docks; other workers mainly. They might be willing to lend you money or something similar but you doubt any of them are going to be willing to risk their lives help protect Jhn's slightly ditsy girlfriend. Hell, you probably wouldn't have done it if she didn't show up on your doorstep.

The Docks are a short way past the market, a cove created by a skinny peninsula and the half moon of a massive crater that ate part of the island some time in the distant past. There's a single superliner there, steel and white ceramic rising 30 meters out of the sea, like one of the towers your grandfather told you about, floating in the ocean. It makes little sense to you; how a ship that heavy could float, but it does, so you don't question it. The docks themselves aren't much more then a strip of squat buildings along the water's edge and docks, most of them poured concrete, jutting off into the bay. It's pretty empty right now, the down time as the day shift leaves and the night shift shuffles in.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2014, 01:08:08 pm »

Make small talk?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2014, 01:55:13 pm »

What does Jhn do at the docks?

Of the people I can see, try to determine about how many are Sharktooth's men. Also check if I can see Jhn from here.
If I can't see Jhn, then head down to where he usually works. If I can see him, and Sharktooth hasn't grabbed him, walk up next to him. Try to avoid passing too close to any of Sharktooth's men, if possible, but again, don't be obvious about it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2014, 10:56:07 am »

Make small talk?
Ooo, a speech roll.
Speech    0   -1
Heh.

"Would you please shut up with the crying? How the hell do you think I feel, some ditzy bitch kills a gangster and show up on my damn doorstep, expecting me to clean up her mess? Now we're both gonna die because you didn't have the good sense to just throw yourself in the ocean and save everyone the trouble."

She stares at you wide eyed, too shocked to even speak, but there are tears still slowly rolling out of the corners of her eyes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What does Jhn do at the docks?

Of the people I can see, try to determine about how many are Sharktooth's men. Also check if I can see Jhn from here.
If I can't see Jhn, then head down to where he usually works. If I can see him, and Sharktooth hasn't grabbed him, walk up next to him. Try to avoid passing too close to any of Sharktooth's men, if possible, but again, don't be obvious about it.

I could have sworn thats come up about three times.

He's a diver, mostly paid to swim under the hull of the ships and scrape barnacles, muscles and other crap off it so that other divers can resurface the metal.

There aren't a lot of people around; there's one guy you can see who you know for a fact is one of sharktooth's men. He's hanging around on the corner of a main thoroughfare, idly scanning the people walking past. Maybe keeping an eye out for someone specific, someone late on their payments, maybe just looking for a mark. Jhn, who would be an unremarkable lighter skinned man from a distance, is nowhere to be seen. He could be working still, there's enough light that he might be trying to finish up a job before the water turned black. Or he might have already left.

You take a side route down the alley made by a warehouse and a set of low buildings, parts manufacturers and metal reshapers if the screech and sparks you can see are any indication. You make it down to the dock and take the left side of the concrete two prong fork that's holding the liner. Sure enough, there are still men there, a few of them, wearing nothing but tight cloth undergarments or, in some cases,the traditionalists,  nothing at all. The ones on the dock are sitting with their feet in the water, catching their breath before going back in. None of them are Jhn, but he might be under the ship right now.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2014, 01:16:27 pm »

"Hey. Have any of you guys seen Jhn?"
Ask them if they've seen Jhn.

What's this planet called, anyway?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:58:38 pm by swordsmith04 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2014, 01:18:52 pm »

((At least it wasn't molestery. So did I get a 0 or 1? Also, yay, failed my first speech roll. I'm in the Big Leagues now!))

Attempt to apologize and console her with intuitive actions.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2014, 11:00:43 am »

"Hey. Have any of you guys seen Jhn?"
Ask them if they've seen Jhn.

What's this planet called, anyway?
The planet? You're not sure. You search this brain, which feels profoundly odd, considering you still feel like you have your own brain as well; it's like trying to remember something that someone else did. He doesn't know what the planet is called, in fact he doesn't really have a grasp on what the planet even is. He's got the native innocence, the world has no end to him, there is only the vaguest concept of things beyond it, and it has no name, because names imply the need to differentiate, it simply is.

"You seen Jhn?"

A few of the men look over towards you, the others still dripping with water and too out of breath to respond. One jerks his thumb towards the ship.

"Under. Some big colony on his section. Almost done though."

((At least it wasn't molestery. So did I get a 0 or 1? Also, yay, failed my first speech roll. I'm in the Big Leagues now!))

Attempt to apologize and console her with intuitive actions.
Another speech roll AND a intuition roll?

You sputter trying to take back what you said, completely unsure of what to say. You form a few weak apologies that seem like just barely enough to stop her from walking out right that moment, but she is looking at you with a rather profound degree of disgust and anger.

So I guess I scared Xan away with that magic question EH?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 85