Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 107397 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO: The first hunt begins!
« Reply #615 on: October 31, 2014, 02:10:52 pm »

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
How many javelins do I have?
Am I weighed down at all?
Should I put a number next to the cloak?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #616 on: November 01, 2014, 12:32:10 pm »

Geez, the armor and Javelins must be really heavy. How slowed am I? Also, I'm sad the animated darts can't fly.
Right now you're not. 5 armor.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
How many javelins do I have?
Am I weighed down at all?
Should I put a number next to the cloak?

Hap's plus your own plus lets say 3.
not for now
5, next to the cloak.

The shields get a (20) next to them.

I should explain how that works: basically shields and armor reduce the number that the creature rolled for its attack. If you reduce it to zero, the attack is completely blocked. However, it should be noted that each attack it blocks drains the hp of the armor or shield, so if a shield (20) blocks an attack (5) it will be a shield (15). When it runs out of health, it breaks. A set of armor (5) that blocks an attack (10) will reduce that attack to (5) but not stop it completely.

Understand?

We ready to go?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 01, 2014, 12:56:54 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Sheet updated. Hey PW, you said you had ideas for some things to do with the animating glaive. Mind sharing?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #618 on: November 01, 2014, 01:06:48 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Sheet updated. Hey PW, you said you had ideas for some things to do with the animating glaive. Mind sharing?
A lot of them would revolve around animating strategic things in the environment. Animating part of a support column and causing it to collapse, for instance. Or animating that bear trap one of you has and causing it to continuously bite and chew for extra damage. Failing that, you could, in the finished game, literally get special objects made for you; use them as drones. Little metal spiders with poison barbs, for instance.

Failing all that, there's also the rather hail mary style thing you could do. You could attempt to stab the weapon into the creature and then, assuming you can hold on to it and not get killed, you could then animate the chunk of flesh you're stabbed into and have it tear itself apart. It would probably be beyond your physical capacity right now, but someone with a better brain might be able to.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 01, 2014, 01:11:29 pm »

PW, could you explain a bit more what exactly you mean by 'animating'? For example, how does a piece of support column collapse itself? Like, the matter suddenly gets the capacity to disintegrate? Animating an arrow doesn't make it able to fly, but animating a bear trap does make it able to move? Can the animated object only do things that it could already do before (such as the bear trap being able to move along its hinges) or do they get new capabilities (such as spontaneous disintegration)?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 01, 2014, 01:12:18 pm »

The creature's lung would be about half my size, right? Maybe with a good roll I could animate that and have it tear itself up. Or maybe stab a small part of the intestine. Then tear that and the monster would go septic...which would probably ruin the carves. Nevermind. Maybe I'll just stab and animate its toe. Make it scratch itself.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 01, 2014, 01:16:14 pm »

The creature's lung would be about half my size, right? Maybe with a good roll I could animate that and have it tear itself up. Or maybe stab a small part of the intestine. Then tear that and the monster would go septic...which would probably ruin the carves. Nevermind. Maybe I'll just stab and animate its toe. Make it scratch itself.

For that you'd need to animate the various joints, otherwise that claw is helpless to do anything. Or maybe not, we'll see what pw says about the details of this 'animating' power.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 01, 2014, 01:51:10 pm »

For that you'd need to animate the various joints, otherwise that claw is helpless to do anything. Or maybe not, we'll see what pw says about the details of this 'animating' power.
Maybe I could just animate the muscles and ligaments around joints and make them contract and damage themselves and the joints.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #623 on: November 01, 2014, 03:50:36 pm »

PW, could you explain a bit more what exactly you mean by 'animating'? For example, how does a piece of support column collapse itself? Like, the matter suddenly gets the capacity to disintegrate? Animating an arrow doesn't make it able to fly, but animating a bear trap does make it able to move? Can the animated object only do things that it could already do before (such as the bear trap being able to move along its hinges) or do they get new capabilities (such as spontaneous disintegration)?
I assume it is like this:

An animated object has control over it's own structure and some level of movement, even if it wouldn't normally have it. For instance:
If you were to animate a rock that rock could roll around or sort of crawl forward, but not fly or run or anything like that.
The rock could  break itself into smaller pieces, but you'd only have control of one of the pieces. It could split in half, say, but you'd only control one half, the other would go inanimate again.
You CAN'T control the physical shape of it besides breaking it. Ie the rock can't transform itself and grow legs or something.

So the bear trap could keep opening and closing just fine, but couldn't fly or  move very well.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 01, 2014, 04:02:29 pm »

And a chunk of flesh, when you 'animate' that, do you have control over individual cells? Could you make muscle cells contract, for example?

In case you think I'm trying to trick you here, I'm thinking inducing something akin to a cytokine storm or a similar reaction from a flesh wound.
Possible?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #625 on: November 02, 2014, 12:39:08 am »

And a chunk of flesh, when you 'animate' that, do you have control over individual cells? Could you make muscle cells contract, for example?

In case you think I'm trying to trick you here, I'm thinking inducing something akin to a cytokine storm or a similar reaction from a flesh wound.
Possible?
Probably, though, if my limited knowledge of biochemistry and the slapdash methods of the immune system are right, there's a limited speed to a reaction like that and it doesn't seem like the sort of thing that would kill quickly enough to matter. Maybe if you use it like a poison. And I assume it might self correct after his control released.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 02, 2014, 02:20:16 am »

So stab it, animate some blood, clot it, and give the thing a heart attack or brain embolism? Also, could I animate a dart and throw it into the monster, then make it bore in deeper? And then maybe make it explode in shrapnel?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 02, 2014, 02:22:41 am »

I think you're being very optimistic about what it can do still.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 02, 2014, 03:25:47 am »

Well, I might not be able to make the dart explode, but all I have to do is hit a vein, even a small one, and make the tip of the dart break or shatter. Tiny bone pieces might be able to tear the monster apart from the inside, or at least make it bleed more.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 02, 2014, 04:13:47 am »

Possible?
Probably, though, if my limited knowledge of biochemistry and the slapdash methods of the immune system are right, there's a limited speed to a reaction like that and it doesn't seem like the sort of thing that would kill quickly enough to matter. Maybe if you use it like a poison. And I assume it might self correct after his control released.

I wouldn't call the immune system 'slapdash' (at least, not when it works as intended) but it ca surely screw you over.

More generally, I think that debilitating damage to the area hit would occur in about a few seconds, crippling/knocking out the beast in a minute or 2, then kill it in a couple more.
Of course, if you wanna avoid shenanigans like that, you could just say 'sorry, alien physiology, doesn't work like that' and be done with it.

I wonder it a hit to the head area would let you 'animate' (aka control) the brain though... pet monster!

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 85