Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 107438 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO: The first hunt begins!
« Reply #555 on: October 28, 2014, 11:02:11 am »

I vote we give the heart to whoever needs it most. So either Hapah or Tavik.
Don't waste it on a dead man.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 28, 2014, 11:03:52 am »

Try to сut one of the front legs completely
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #557 on: October 28, 2014, 11:27:50 am »

((Gonna go rodeo on this thing. Also, I think I should get the heart because I did the most damage to its head. Also, I was the one to spot and track it. Beirus Hunter MVP! Or maybe we could feed it to Hap if the mutating effect will save him. Or maybe it'll just make his death really painful.))

Glaive it in the head, take the heart when it dies. If I can't reach, use the javelin in its side as a handhold and climb on it, then glaive it in the head. Take the heart if it dies. If it dies before I attack, go get the heart anyway.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Getting the heart out, and other butchery, is a brain roll. You might want to get someone who isn't a speedy idiot to do it. Unless you want to ruin it.
((A deadly speedy idiot. Also, can't we take the body to town and have it processed, and I can get the heart that way?))
Yeah, just carry this thing that weighs what, 18,000 lbs, over a dozen miles with the help of a fat guy, a guy with a dislocated shoulder, a dead man, and a guy with half his fucking leg sliced open.

Also it's a test. Butcher it there, friendo. Get someone with a brain to do it. Nav is pretty good.

This isn't a "Race to the heart" thing, you're not gonna really quickly cut it out and eat it before they can stop you. Well...maybe before Tavik could stop you but you get my point.

As per the heart saving hap, it might. It's not a sure thing, but if the mutation would involve in chest or stomach, then it would regenerate the damaged area. 

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 28, 2014, 11:31:11 am »

As per the heart saving hap, it might. It's not a sure thing, but if the mutation would involve in chest or stomach, then it would regenerate the damaged area.
Still wouldn't waste it on me, but I'll try to live to give you the option, at least.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 28, 2014, 01:11:55 pm »

The mutation could also be detrimental though, right?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #560 on: October 28, 2014, 02:07:10 pm »

Move closer. Javelin! get the kill. Aim for head.
So Nav throws his Javelin, hits the target, but does no damage. The javelin sort of tumbles and bonks the thing with the shaft.

((Gonna go rodeo on this thing. Also, I think I should get the heart because I did the most damage to its head. Also, I was the one to spot and track it. Beirus Hunter MVP! Or maybe we could feed it to Hap if the mutating effect will save him. Or maybe it'll just make his death really painful.))

Glaive it in the head. If I can't reach, use the javelin in its side as a handhold and climb on it, then glaive it in the head. If it dies before I attack, do a happy dance and see if we can get it to town.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Beirus sprints over, right up into the creature's face and swings his glaive down hard into its head. The blade cleaves through the transparent skin, into the bluegreen muscle and finally down into the skull. The Creature shivers and jerks for a moment before collapsing. The bright green moss on its back glows bright for a second and then fades into grayish brown. A wave of light flows through the algae all around it, a ripple if luminescence followed by shriveling which spreads out from the creature's body to all the algae around it. After a moment, its all gone, crumbling to brown dust.

Congrats! The thing is dead!
Hap is laying near the ruins, near death.
Nav is mostly ok but his arm ain't working great.
Tavik finally shows up, unhurt.
Beirus has some cuts and bruises
And Illego is pretty gimped with that injury on his leg. 

Still, not bad for a first hunt with introductory level gear.

Now, who wants to butcher the thing, what parts are you going after, and who gets the heart?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 28, 2014, 02:11:08 pm »

Dibs on the heart when it's cut out. I'll fight for it. And I will fight Nav if he tries to butcher the creature before Illgeo gets a shot with his 6 brain.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

((Huh. I think all my wounds were self inflicted.))
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:32:03 pm by Beirus »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #562 on: October 28, 2014, 02:22:28 pm »

Dibs on the heart when it's cut out. I'll fight for it.

Nah, remember that it batted you around a bit. That's where your cuts and bruises came from.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 28, 2014, 02:23:27 pm »

Dibs on the heart when it's cut out. I'll fight for it.

Nah, remember that it batted you around a bit. That's where your cuts and bruises came from.
Oh yeah. I thought it was from the Concussion grenade.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 28, 2014, 02:25:22 pm »

Claim Heart.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 28, 2014, 02:27:23 pm »

Claim Heart.

You gonna fight me for it?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 28, 2014, 02:36:44 pm »

Butcher the thing. Or help Illgeo butcher it. Retrieve heart and hold my spear blade next to it, ready to destroy it. Destroy it if anyone tries to steal it.
If anyone attacks anyone else then destroy the heart.

"We will vote on who gets the heart, because if we fight each other for it then we are no better than the monsters we hunt. No voting for yourselves or we'd have a 5 way tie.
My vote is for Hapah because it's his best chance of survival."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 05:42:16 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 28, 2014, 03:11:07 pm »

"We will vote with conditions. Those who did not have any significant impact or usefulness in actually killing or butchering the monster cannot be voted for. If you disagree with those conditions, I will be happy to cut your hamstrings and leave you here for the next monster to come through. If you can't pull your weight, you don't deserve the rewards. And Nav, seeing as how the only useful thing you've done is be able to cut up the thing after jacking around most of the time, you should thank your lucky stars I don't kill you now and see if we can find a better butcher for the next hunt. Also, I vote for Hapah."

Put my glaive to NAV's neck incase he tries any funny business with the heart, since he can't move faster to the monster than me. Actually, just do it incase he tries to butcher it, because someone else is better qualified.
((Low brains= poor social skill. Just wait until we get into fighting over the materials from it.))
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:32:53 pm by Beirus »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 28, 2014, 03:27:30 pm »

Assume fetal position. Wait for death.

Spoiler: Hapah character sheet (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 28, 2014, 03:30:00 pm »

Wait, I just realized Illgeo should probably be doing this. He has 6 brain. And might be more agreeable.

Edit: actually, the monster heart can wait. PW said that a good enough brains roll could save Hapah. Nav and Illgeo have a combined 11 Brain. You two should go save him. Then we can fight over the heart.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:36:43 pm by Beirus »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 85